• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Using The Universal Unbricker To Unbrick / Downgrade / Restore Any PSP To 5.00 M33-4

vegeta25pr

anyone ?

ok guys im new here and i really need some help with this app ive done everything exactly how it says ...but for some reason i dont not know, after i press O to pandorize the battery and exit then coldboot it the pandora menu doesnt come out it just goes to the xmb

the first time i used it, it worked i even used this guide but now it wont work for some reason ??? any help ?
thanks

im using a psp phat to make the pandora battery, ive tried with 2 different memory sticks and its the same thing so i guess its the battery

any help is appreaciated thanks

edit**

oh and on the HELLCAT app it says my current battery serial is 0x00000000 and when i "pandorize" the battery it says its 0x37703770

i really dont know why it isnt working cuz the first time i did it i got to work so easily :(

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
im using a psp phat to make the pandora battery, ive tried with 2 different memory sticks and its the same thing so i guess its the battery

any help is appreaciated thanks

edit**

oh and on the HELLCAT app it says my current battery serial is 0x00000000 and when i "pandorize" the battery it says its 0x37703770

i really dont know why it isnt working cuz the first time i did it i got to work so easily :(

After you convert the battery make sure you take it out then insert it back in.

vegeta25pr

yea did that a couple of times :(

should i have it connected to the ac adapter when im using the hellcat app and after pressing O take it out there or when ? cuz ive been taking it out but after retuning to the xmb i dont know :( ill try again now

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
nope didnt work :(

Hmm, it sounds like something is wrong with the battery itself. Doesn't matter when you take it out btw, as long as the battery is removed then reinserted.

vegeta25pr

ok im gonna try the whole process again with the new Rev3b
i put that version of the app and got my old battery serial back (90ca0815)

ill update back in a bit

Qverse

I need help I have phat psp original ver. 3.40
I want to upgrade ....How do I upgrde from 3.40 to 3.90 m332

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I need help I have phat psp original ver. 3.40
I want to upgrade ....How do I upgrde from 3.40 to 3.90 m332

There's a couple ways, the easiest would be to upgrade to 3.50 and use the firmware 3.50 downgrader. That requires a UMD copy of Lumines, though.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Thank you for this guide! It is a lot of help, but I have one question.

Is there anyway to make the magic memory stick without a cfw psp? I can get the battery using http://us.codejunkies.com/Products/PSP-Battery-Service-Tool__EF000530.aspx but I don't know what to do about the memory stick... Any suggestions?

EDIT: I forgot to add, I have a PSP Slim with Sony firmware 3.93. Any ideas would be very much appreciated! Thank You :)

We can't share the magic memory stick files on the forums as they are illegal to distribute. You'll have to ask someone in private message or use Google.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Nice guide. It works on 3.93 right?

A Pandora battery and the magic memory stick files will work on 3.93 firmware, yes. Converting a battery to Pandora and installing the memory stick files requires a PSP running custom firmware though.

On a side note, the guide has been updated to use the newly released Despertar del Cementerio v5, which will install 3.90 M33-3 on your magic memory stick.

carayan

When i put the MS then the battery in it boots to the XMB and i get the same system settings are corrupt. No installer no nothing. I followed your steps to a T. Whats wrong? I'm did the installation on my friends psp which is phat and has 3.71M33-4.?

Coy

I think there is something wrong (in the guide), i dunno. when i put in the magic memory stick and the pandora battery it boots me to the xmb, strange huh?. there are no screen that tells you to upgrade or whatsoever.

Coy

Got it.

DSC01874.jpg

DSC01878.jpg

this is what i do. first i install time machine http://forums.exophase.com/showthread.php?t=5748&highlight=time+machine
DSC01871.jpg
(I skip step 8),
then directly launched DCv5 and then launch hellcat's program (only to convert pandora battery).
Usage: stick in the memory stick hold the UP button (in D-PAD) then put the pandora battery in. this will come up on your psp's screen
DSC01875.jpg

that's it.

x3sphere, sorry for the large images you can edit it if you want. thanks