• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Using The Universal Unbricker To Unbrick / Downgrade / Restore Any PSP To 5.00 M33-4

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Yeah I tried doing this a few more times. It won't work with these batteries. I even tried updating to 3.90 M33-3 and booting, without the magic memstick. :/.

The memorystick I have is a Sandisk Memory Duo Ultra II 4GB, if that matters.

Very well, cheers.

Ok, then the problem is that Hellcat's application is not changing your battery serial for some reason. Could be due to a bad EEPROM chip.

Just wondering is it a Sony branded battery?

unseen-view

Usage: Unbrick / Downgrade / Restore Any PSP

2. You will be presented with a menu telling you to press X to install 3.90 M33 Press X.

One quick question; I'm running 3.93 ofw on a slim psp does the menu still come up or is it just a blank screen and i need to press X (like in the guide for 3.60 m33 installation) and then X at the end after the files are copied?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
One quick question; I'm running 3.93 ofw on a slim psp does the menu still come up or is it just a blank screen and i need to press X (like in the guide for 3.60 m33 installation) and then X at the end after the files are copied?

A menu comes up with this one, even on Slim units.

Abdullahi

how do i install cfw on psp?

iam using official psp update how do i install costume firmware on my psp? pls i need help.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
iam using official psp update how do i install costume firmware on my psp? pls i need help.

First, don't double post. Secondly, your question is asked in the first post of this guide. You will need a PSP running custom firmware to complete some of the steps. If you don't, then purchase a pre-converted Pandora battery.

labtec

Brilliant guide x3sphere! Got myself a fab pandora's battery and mms. Thanks man.

Used it today to cfw a slim psp. worked a treat.

unpronounceable

Hi - new here. Thanks for all the information, it is fantastic.

I am having the same problem I've read above. Everything goes fine until I move to the unmodded PSP and attempt to boot to the Pandora battery by holding up. It just boots normally. When I boot without the memory stick in, it still boots fine.

When I first start the Pandora Installer application it gives me a splash page saying it detected a PSP Slim&Lite TA-085-v2 or newer mainboard and these boards make it impossible to create a Pandora battery. Is that true?

Thanks in advance for your responses.

Acerthief

Hi - new here. Thanks for all the information, it is fantastic.

I am having the same problem I've read above. Everything goes fine until I move to the unmodded PSP and attempt to boot to the Pandora battery by holding up. It just boots normally. When I boot without the memory stick in, it still boots fine.

When I first start the Pandora Installer application it gives me a splash page saying it detected a PSP Slim&Lite TA-085-v2 or newer mainboard and these boards make it impossible to create a Pandora battery. Is that true?

Thanks in advance for your responses.

Yes, sadly your right.
You can search for a thread in noobz.eu forums, there's a thread where they help people flash their PSP for free if you cover both way shipment fee.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor

BADBOYADAM

NEED HELP

Hi,

I have made a magic memory stick and a pandora battery using ur instructions, great by the way!

I took the battery out of the psp and inserted back in to the psp i borrowed from my mate, held up and switched it on and it worked and flashed the psp like it was suppose to, it turned my psp into 3.90 M33-3! GREAT

BUT when i inserted my magic stick into my psp and put the battery into it, i held up and it didnt work!! The screen just flashed and the network light flashed green and it went black again with the power button still green???? i tried taking the batt out starting it again a couple of times, but it still dont work, plzz help me.

thanks

Acerthief

Does he have a phat or slim?
Some consoles are reported failing to show the menu screen, yet they can still install the firmware.

If you dare, you can actually "blind install" (Press X for 3.90M33-3), See if the Wifi and memory stick light starts flashing. If so, set it aside and let it run until the lights stop flashing. then press X to turn off the system. now turn on the system normally and see if it's in custom firmware!

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor

savage regin

hello. I'm new here.
i recently got a PSP slim and I've been icthing to hack it to upload homebrew-but I've ran into a problem. I've accedently upgraded to 3.90, and based on what people said, you must have (or make) a Pandora's battery to add custom firmware. ( i want to use the dark alex custom firmware) in the "Converting a Battery to Pandora" tutorial, can you use this to convert a psp slim battery to a Pandora's battery?

Acerthief

hello. I'm new here.
i recently got a PSP slim and I've been icthing to hack it to upload homebrew-but I've ran into a problem. I've accedently upgraded to 3.90, and based on what people said, you must have (or make) a Pandora's battery to add custom firmware. ( i want to use the dark alex custom firmware) in the "Converting a Battery to Pandora" tutorial, can you use this to convert a psp slim battery to a Pandora's battery?

Sorry mate you can't.
All the installers that are used to the PSP requires to be on custom firmware.

Dreamlike

installing 1.50 firmware

How long should step 16. installing 1.50 firmware take.
Because my psp is doing this for more then 15 min now...:sad:

EDIT: 2 and a half hour and still busy..
Text says:

***Pandora Installer for 3.xx Kernels*** Rev3b

Installer by ---==> HELLLCAT <==---
uses code for PSAR extraction from PSPPet (who else ;-))
uses knowledge for battery patching engeniered by Nem
uses direct battery HW access code by Silverspring

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reading and checking ms0:/UPDATE.PBP

ERROR WHILE INITIALIZING: 0x8ca10002
Installing firmware to memorystick.
Hang on, this will take a while, time to get a coffee.... ;-)

Memeow

* Sony PSP 1800mAh Battery Pack
* Datel PSP Battery 3600mAh 2X
* Datel PSP Battery 1800 MaxPower
* Sony PSP-280 2200mAh
* Atomic Battery Pack 3.6v 1800 mAh

those are the "known compatible batteries"

my battery says Sony PSP 3.6v 1200 mAh

does that mean i cant use it?:confused1:

I feel like such an idiot atm

EDIT: one more thing do i need a spare memory stick or will it not hurt my memory stick to always use it as a MMS?