• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

[RELEASE] Recovery Flasher

Harmox

I also have 5.00m33 and the recovery will not load on it....HELP PLS
it just goes off after selecting it

Hellcat

Contributor
How was the semi caused?

And BTW:

I'm currently writing down the ToDo list for the next version.
So, if you've got any feature suggestions, NOW would be the time to talk 'bout them :)

J

jx233

To do:

1. Add the option of installing a fresh 3.90 M33-3

2. Add the abilility to install a fresh 1.50 for PSP-1000 (some people still use Recovery from the OE CFW to go to 1.50)

J

jx233

oh yeah
OFW 1.00 FW restore does not work.

there no updater prxs for it. i need to go to fw 1.00 for various reasons. any way on getting 1.00 restore to work?

btw, Dark_Alex 1.50 to 1.00 downgrader is dangerous.

any solution?

Kellicros

Just reflashed from 5.01 to 4.01, and XMB crashes everytime I cycle through the text input options with select button, is this a bug? or is it something else? I am thinking it has something to do with the qwerty keyboard added in 5.0, I don't know. :S

Hellcat

Contributor
I might take 3.80/3.90 and/or even 1.50 into consideration, however, I vote strongly against 1.50 tho.... let it die! It's over, 1.50 had it's days but they passed.... a long time ago.... I might put it in anyway.... we'll see ;)

1.00 restore can't work, since you can't make a 1.00 backup - RF just doesn't run on 1.00.
What *might* work (haven't tried yet) is put a backup together manually, but you'd need the 1.00 IPL for that as well!

@Kellicros:
Try resetting the system settings.

J

jx233

Well, remember the Recovery EBOOT from the OE/early M33 days?

It took us to 1.50. It would be nice to have that in RFlash.

Besides, (the last remaining) users on HEN can use RFlash to their advantange, and have a choice of having 5.00 M33-3, 4.01 M33-2, 3.71 M33-4, and (maybe) FW 1.50 on their PSP.

The 1.00 restore dont work. I put flash dump into the right folder, and flash restore in checks for 100.PBP. ( Not there!)

I renamed 150.PBP to 100.PBP, just errors.

BTW, I was trying to restore 1.00 through RFlash "Pandora Mode" from jas0nuk ELF Menu.

any hope for 1.00 restore? it would be nice.

memeru

hello good day, i have question, my friend have psp phat with version 1.50 firmware, can i upgrade it to 5.00 m33 directly using this program (recover flasher)

ei8th08

<p>ei mr. hellcat i have a long time problem
i have a psp 3004 and i update it in a v5.01
and i want to downgrade it. i already tried your recovery flasher but its not working. when i start your recovery flasher it says the file is corrupt
pls help mr. hellcat</p>

angelsniper45

wow! is this elf compatible or not?

Hellcat

Contributor
v1.50 is making quite good progress, it's going to be a large update this time :)
Here's a small teaser of what's already (and hopefully bugfree, testing must show) in:
- install of 3.80-M33 and 3.90-M33 - NAND dump and write back - DDC ressurection.prx replacement with the ability to launch the original DDC menu (so, not loosing DDC while using RF as replacement) - battery patch option (to Pandora and Normal) - install of any supported FW as original, official one (not as CFW)

A few more things will be added for the final version :) (like 1.50 installation and a few smaller things and fixups)

<p>ei mr. hellcat i have a long time problem
i have a psp 3004 and i update it in a v5.01
and i want to downgrade it. i already tried your recovery flasher but its not working. when i start your recovery flasher it says the file is corrupt
pls help mr. hellcat</p>
o_O OF COURSE, Recovery Flasher can not run on official, original firmware.... But maybe I'll get Sony to publish it on the PSN store? (But even in THAT case it wouldn't be able to do a thing....)

wow! is this elf compatible or not?
compatible with what?

hello good day, i have question, my friend have psp phat with version 1.50 firmware, can i upgrade it to 5.00 m33 directly using this program (recover flasher)
Yes, you can :)

David1024

<p>Sir i have a semi bricked psp on 5.00m33-3 and i am unable to use the latest recovery flasher on 5.XX kernal as it doesnot read the memory stick.There is a green light and then it shuts off
i tried the program from 1.50 kernal and it read the memory stick but the program was not compatable with 1.50 firmware so it did not work the program needs to be run from xmb in 1.50 firmware but i cant use the XMB.SO COULD U PLEASE MAKE THE NEXT UPDATE WORKING ON 1.50 KERNAL FROM THE RECOVERY MENU
PLEASE!!!!!! OTHERWISE I WILL BE LEFT WITH A USELESS PSP AS I CANT BUY A PANDORA BATTERY. PLEASE REPLY.</p>

David1024

<p>pLEASE IT WILL HELP MANY PEOPLE HAVING THIS PROBLEM
AS I BROWSED THROUGH MANY FORUMS AND THERE WERE MANY PEOPLE HAVIN THIS PROBLEM. MANY SEMIBRICKS CANT READ THE MEMORY STICK ON 5.00M33 BUT THEY DO ON 1.50 KERNAL ADDON</p>

Hellcat

Contributor
Sounds like a bad fatmsmod install, there's guides on how to undo that.

However, like said, I will dig some deeper into the kernel 1.50 addon situation....

J

jx233

1.does this mean 1.00 can be restored? (and does it need updater modules?)

2.if OFW can be restored (no real reason to do that), will idstorage Key 5 in TA-082 and TA-086 be patched?

3. did you change 5.00 M33-3 installation to 5.00 M33-4?

Do you want any testers for this app?

doning

v1.50 is making quite good progress, it's going to be a large update this time :)
Here's a small teaser of what's already (and hopefully bugfree, testing must show) in:
- install of 3.80-M33 and 3.90-M33 - NAND dump and write back - DDC ressurection.prx replacement with the ability to launch the original DDC menu (so, not loosing DDC while using RF as replacement) - battery patch option (to Pandora and Normal) - install of any supported FW as original, official one (not as CFW)

A few more things will be added for the final version :) (like 1.50 installation and a few smaller things and fixups)

I think you will have to update the 5.00m33-3 to M33-4. More power to you...:smile:

Hellcat

Contributor
jx233:
1) Haven't look into that, not really sure if I do.... so far, I'd say "maybe"....

2) No.

3) Yes :)

And some betatesters to beat to crap out of the new functions are required indeed :)

David1024:
Thats what I thought, thanx for confirming :)