• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

3.40 OE-A Install Guide

GatorDeb

I have 3.10. If I put it in GAME, it says it cannot run the game. if I put it into GAME150, it shows no games in the mem stick. Help? Thanks :)

rrreed909

Big time help needed

Hello,

I have managed to screw up this install. Long story short, I was running 1.50 and the install seemed to go well. However, when I went to run a game it wouldn't work.

So I (stupidly) reformated the card and started the install over. HUGE mistake ... the PSP is now running 3.30 OE-A instead of 1.50 so it won't install correctly.

Please somebody rescue me with a little help. I greatly greatly appreciate it.

PS... I'm rather noob so I REALLY appreciate your help.

Thanks,
Ron

GatorDeb

I fixed my problem... reformatted the mem stick through the PSP and recopied everything into its folders. Now installing 3.30OE :D

kuletz

sorry im just a newbie here, ahmm... cuz i download the version 3.30 in my psp. i use the network update then i download that and install, can i download this 3.30oe even tho i have the version of 3.30 the original upgrade version?

Roe

sorry im just a newbie here, ahmm... cuz i download the version 3.30 in my psp. i use the network update then i download that and install, can i download this 3.30oe even tho i have the version of 3.30 the original upgrade version?
Nope you'll have to wait for a downgrader or get a new psp

Smithore

nope, you need to use atleast a 128MB card to create the dxar.

I'm going to be updating my original release-day 1.5 PSP. It still has the 32MB memory stick. Obviously, the update files won't fit on this card, so I'll have to buy another. I was wanting to buy a large 4GB memory stick so I could hold lots of media & homebrew. However, I've read that a 1.5 PSP can't read 4GB memory sticks. Is this true, or rumor? If it's true, will I need to purchase two sticks? A small stick (maybe 128MB) to run the upgrade from, and the 4GB for actual daily use?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I'm going to be updating my original release-day 1.5 PSP. It still has the 32MB memory stick. Obviously, the update files won't fit on this card, so I'll have to buy another. I was wanting to buy a large 4GB memory stick so I could hold lots of media & homebrew. However, I've read that a 1.5 PSP can't read 4GB memory sticks. Is this true, or rumor? If it's true, will I need to purchase two sticks? A small stick (maybe 128MB) to run the upgrade from, and the 4GB for actual daily use?

A 1.5 PSP can read 4GB sticks fine, its 8GB sticks that are the problem.

Smithore

A 1.5 PSP can read 4GB sticks fine, its 8GB sticks that are the problem.

Excellent news, thanks for the help. Just found a 4GB Sandisk at Fry's today for $75 (inc. tax) - same price as Amazon. Looks like it's my lucky day! Should have a hacked PSP tonight. Thanks again.

TimTiger

Way to addicted to games.
Excellent news, thanks for the help. Just found a 4GB Sandisk at Fry's today for $75 (inc. tax) - same price as Amazon. Looks like it's my lucky day! Should have a hacked PSP tonight. Thanks again.

Be carefull and check that it is a real memory stick. If it isnt real then you will most likely brick your PSP. To tell if your memorystick is a fake then if it does go into your psp scroll over to vidio and scroll down to the memory card. press the triangle and select properties. If you see magic gate unknown then it's a fake. DONT USE IT TO UPGRADE!!

Gwapingn8

i dunno if this is the right place for a question

I HAVE UPGRADED MY PSP to 3.30oe!!!! :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

now i'm encountering some problems..
i tested my emulators and ps1 games
so far my ps1 games are great and might i add,
i like that new SETTINGS addition on this 3.30oe firmware :biggrin: :biggrin:

my snes works okay... and so does my nes, but when i put my new on sleep mode, and went back to play it... the games just started trippin' and went super fast in both audio and video aspect.

then my genesis emulator won't work at all.

is there a problem with my stuff?

they are in the same folders as they were when i had 3.03oe.
and i even reformated my MS when i upgraded to 3.30

so i dunno what to do now really.:crying: :crying:

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
whyy cant i update to 3.30oe from 3.11 please help

Its not supported. Sony added more security in 3.11 which prevents homebrew applications from being ran.

bookwormut

HELLLP 3.30 OE-A LOCATION FREE

Hi

I just wanted to say this mod rocks thanks

Now After I flashed hence I am a newby i was happy i did not brick it and all stuff works.

except 1 thing. How do I enable back the location Free player. I got used to using it to watch tv off? is there another version that has it or either homebrew or lcoation free player?

I would love to have my cake and eat it too.

Smithore

Triple thumbs up on this installation guide, thanks guys! I followed the instructions & everything worked like a charm. Thanks for helping new guys to the scene and answering questions. I'm looking forward to seeing everything a custom firmware can let me do with the PSP. I knew on launch day that the hardware was capable of doing much, much more than Sony would let its users do. Glad to see that is a reality!

TimTiger

Way to addicted to games.
Hi

I just wanted to say this mod rocks thanks

Now After I flashed hence I am a newby i was happy i did not brick it and all stuff works.

except 1 thing. How do I enable back the location Free player. I got used to using it to watch tv off? is there another version that has it or either homebrew or lcoation free player?

I would love to have my cake and eat it too.

The location free player was removed to save space on the small flash memory that the PSP has. Maybe there is a homebrew file out there to get that funcion back but I dont know where you can find one.

zerocoolwizard

Firmware

Hi to all who can help with this!

Upgraded to 3.10 oe is there a chance that my 1.50 firmware is still there or is there a way to downgrade my PSP back to 1.50? Is this 3.10 oe permanent upgrade or it only hide my 1.50 firmware like some emulator?

Cheers

Here is a step by step guide for installing 3.30 OE-A. Please note that you must be running 1.50, 2.71 SE, 3.02 OE, 3.03 OE, or 3.10 OE to begin this installation.

First grab the 3.30 OE-A files.

1. Copy oeupdmaker and oeupdmaker% to X:/PSP/GAME if you are in 1.50, or to X:/PSP/GAME150 if you are running 2.71 SE, 3.02 OE, 3.03 OE, or 3.10 OE.

2. Now download the 1.50 and 3.30 updates which you can grab below:
1.50 Update
3.30 Update

3. Place these 2 updates in the oeupdmaker folder and ensure they are named exactly like this 150.PBP and 330.PBP. Now navigate to the game menu on your PSP and execute the update maker. It will take a few minutes to create the file, once finished a DATA.DXAR will be found in the oeupdmaker folder.

Please note: If you get an error message that says "Invalid SHA-1" when creating the DXAR do not proceed further. This means you have a faulty memory stick and a corrupt DATA.DXAR was created. Start over using a different memory stick.

4. Copy 330oeflasher and 330oeflasher% to X:/PSP/GAME if you are in 1.50, or to X:/PSP/GAME150 if you are running 2.71 SE, 3.02 OE, 3.03 OE, or 3.10 OE.

5. Copy the DATA.DXAR created in step 3 to the 330oeflasher folder.

6. Navigate to the game menu on your PSP, run the 3.30 OE-A flasher and follow the on screen instructions. Once done your PSP will now be running 3.30 OE-A :)

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Hi to all who can help with this!

Upgraded to 3.10 oe is there a chance that my 1.50 firmware is still there or is there a way to downgrade my PSP back to 1.50? Is this 3.10 oe permanent upgrade or it only hide my 1.50 firmware like some emulator?

Cheers

no, its a permanent upgrade. but you can downgrade back to 1.5

JustBlaze

help!!!

guys i got a question, can someone educate a real retard on how to get games lik the psx games and stuff onto my psp with a 2 gb mem stik.... do th games cost money? thnks in advance

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor