• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PSP ChickHEN for Firmware 5.03 R2

Level_0

<p>@WickedNite:</p>
<p>NesterJ already crashed on me twice (incompatible roms) and using my method I was able to get it to its HEN state with little effort. (max 3 tries)
It helps if you don't have a UMD inserted. (or at least wait for it to stop spinning)</p>
<p>I look real dumb doing it this way, but at least it's working for me now. Good luck getting it to work, you may just have to try something random like I did.</p>

WickedNite

<p>@WickedNite:</p>
<p>NesterJ already crashed on me twice (incompatible roms) and using my method I was able to get it to its HEN state with little effort. (max 3 tries)
It helps if you don't have a UMD inserted. (or at least wait for it to stop spinning)</p>
<p>I look real dumb doing it this way, but at least it's working for me now. Good luck getting it to work, you may just have to try something random like I did.</p>

okay i'll try it again maybe a week or so coz the psp is with my cousin ryt now. :(

Acerthief

@WickedNite:

Good to hear I'm not the only one, I guess... I have a 3000 and am having the same issue. Been trying this for about 6 hours now and still nothing. At least the one yesterday created the HEN environment, though it was unable to run ANYTHING at the time since it had the bad h.bin. Gonna try that unofficial one to see if I get a better chance with that.

Check and see if your memory stick is a fake @@.

Sandisk FTW

xcrdjn

<p>I first time run it,fine.and taday i try 40 times,no times success.why? because my memory stick`s problem?</p>

Chris94

Hi im Chris!
Update this or make a new thread , on to whast davee , is doing , he is making an R3 which includes way more stuff

january39

eXo Staff
Update this or make a new thread , on to whast davee , is doing , he is making an R3 which includes way more stuff

Well, he has not made it yet, and this thread is for the many users of R2. So i can't really see the point in changing this thread.

Davee himself has indicated months rather than weeks or even days for the release of R3

Chris94

Hi im Chris!
Well, he has not made it yet, and this thread is for the many users of R2. So i can't really see the point in changing this thread.

Davee himself has indicated months rather than weeks or even days for the release of R3

Months ? Wow thats along time, r2 just allows stupid homebrew :(

MenaceInc

Staff Member
Months ? Wow thats along time, r2 just allows stupid homebrew :(

stupid homebrew?
It's homebrew that is the reason and drive for the likes of Davee, Dark Alex, etc to go out and spend their free time trying to circumvent the protection on the PSP in order to run it.

clubbers88

I got a PSP 3004 SLIM LITE vr 4.21 yest.. can someone please guide me How to Crack it , if it works or no ? i am a total noob at this and am really confused with all the various types of posts on the net all diff views . .
thanks .

Alex

Update to 5.03 and use the HEN, this will allow you to use homebrew

january39

eXo Staff
I got a PSP 3004 SLIM LITE vr 4.21 yest.. can someone please guide me How to Crack it , if it works or no ? i am a total noob at this and am really confused with all the various types of posts on the net all diff views . .
thanks .

Try this Guide for the chickHEN and CFE

Install ChickHEN and CFE

johnsinghcena

i did everything until it shows
5.03 gen-a (full)
but when i go to play any iso or cso it says
"the gam could not be started
(80020321)

january39

eXo Staff
Make sure you have the right driver set up, thats the error code for UMD required.

thEM

<p>man, i need to share to u guys.. i think i found the secret to activate the chickHEN R2... its all about timing. press right arrow exactly when the egg picture about to appear in the folder... give it a try >.

arcenio

chickHEN R2 is not working in psp-2000 and 3000 series that has an tv icon (jap. version) that is my observation and actual testing of it...

Gageri

<p>OK, guys im not a pro at this but i've been searching up different ways to activate, blah, blah, blah and you know, none of them work this might be just for my psp or my luck but for those peoples that are still having trouble just figure out your own method i just figured mine out today and it always works :)</p>