• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

3.40 OE-A Install Guide

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor

Jamoos

i got a 1.5 psp...
when i try to create the file for flashing using oeupdmaker it takes shit long of time...
it get to a point when it says Extracting and packing 3.40 firmware
and the led the indactes memory card usage is blinking but it just takes forever and make me think something is going worng so i turn off my psp...
why does it take so long?!
and why cant we get a ready update....

Billyjj

i got a 1.5 psp...
when i try to create the file for flashing using oeupdmaker it takes shit long of time...
and the led the indactes memory card usage is blinking but it just takes forever and make me think something is going worng so i turn off my psp...

That happened to me. Here is ready update with the data.dxar in there
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=7ZDA8PBQ

sum41

i got a 1.5 psp...

When I updated my psp it only took 10 to 15 mins altogether so theres something not right.I think the reason you cant get a ready update is because sony put something in the firmware that only allows the files created to be used on the psp they were created on,so files created on someone elses psp will not work.If your not bothered about ps1 emulation and dont mind being a little behind the firmwares I think devhook is up to firmware 3.11

Billyjj

I used it to do mine and it says in the read me..

- Improvements in the flasher. It will now generate also the flash1 directories, and it will
check that the dxar is the correct for this update, so no more bricks by accidentally using
other DATA.DXAR.

dont use it if you dont want to...

Jamoos

tnx Billyjj...
ur file made the trick.
i guess the update is made onboard the psp for leagel issues...
a sort of a coverup for the coder...
nicely done..

Syrul

Ok, i downgraded my psp from 2.71 to 1.5 and then upgraded to firmwire 3.40A.. now i'm wonndering, which files exactly can i delete? gotta free some space..

pspAI93

I cant get a DATA.DXAR

I followed all you direction and every time i go to my memory sick on my psp.I see 2 corrupted data and the 3.40oea update make and firmware installer. every time i click on the update maker my screen goes black and nothing happens and it eventually turns off. PLEASE HELP ME!!!

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I followed all you direction and every time i go to my memory sick on my psp.I see 2 corrupted data and the 3.40oea update make and firmware installer. every time i click on the update maker my screen goes black and nothing happens and it eventually turns off. PLEASE HELP ME!!!

sounds like a memory stick problem. first I would try formatting the memory stick (on the PSP) then copy the files back over and see if it works.

if that still doesn't work try a different memory stick.

bilkus

help

hi

isit possible to take off 3.40 oe when i no longer want it on my psp.

what changes does this firmware make to the psp?

ericmittens

PLEASE HELP!!!

I have gotten so frusterated at this whole process...

I have flashed my psp back to 1.5 and then loaded 3.40 OE-A without much problems.

But my issue is that I can find no guides or tutorials for the software now that it's all on my psp. I just was to load some SNES emulators and roms and perhaps play ps1 roms if possible. I have a ps1 rom but have no idea where to put it!

I have also downloaded a SNES emulator and rom for the psp but have no idea how to get them to work on the new firmware.

Please help! I'm desperate...

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I have gotten so frusterated at this whole process...

I have flashed my psp back to 1.5 and then loaded 3.40 OE-A without much problems.

But my issue is that I can find no guides or tutorials for the software now that it's all on my psp. I just was to load some SNES emulators and roms and perhaps play ps1 roms if possible. I have a ps1 rom but have no idea where to put it!

I have also downloaded a SNES emulator and rom for the psp but have no idea how to get them to work on the new firmware.

Please help! I'm desperate...

no need to double post it also helps if you post in the correct section.

http://forums.exophase.com/showthread.php?t=1582

Basstha-FiDlli

A problem

Today I've bought my PSP. I've gone step by step by your manual. Ive copied all files as U wrote. Then I runned an update. For a moment it looks as PSP does something and then PSP turns OFF. No DATA.DXAR file on a flash disc found, no error "Invalid SHA-1" occured. Can You help me and tell me what am I doing wrong? :crying: I've just finished to try it with 3 diffenrent memory sticks with different capacity. Still the same result - PSP turns off after ~ 20 seconds after starting an Update.

Can be there a problem that I copy those files to a stick thrue a Sonny Ericcson W810i phone (did not have a PSP 2 PC clable)
Still see after fotmat of stick and copy all files one CORRUPTED file on a stick in a PSP menu :eek:(

Thanks a lot :smile:

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Today I've bought my PSP. I've gone step by step by your manual. Ive copied all files as U wrote. Then I runned an update. For a moment it looks as PSP does something and then PSP turns OFF. No DATA.DXAR file on a flash disc found, no error "Invalid SHA-1" occured. Can You help me and tell me what am I doing wrong? :crying: I've just finished to try it with 3 diffenrent memory sticks with different capacity. Still the same result - PSP turns off after ~ 20 seconds after starting an Update.

Can be there a problem that I copy those files to a stick thrue a Sonny Ericcson W810i phone (did not have a PSP 2 PC clable)
Still see after fotmat of stick and copy all files one CORRUPTED file on a stick in a PSP menu :eek:(

Thanks a lot :smile:

its possible maybe the files somehow got corrupted when you transferred them from your phone. I'd recommend to transfer them through a standard usb cable then make the dxar.

willyaduhai

newbie.. newbie.. newbie..

newbie here... i just buy a new psp, bought in china a week ago...
i got 3.100EA'R+ FW.. can i upgrade it to 3.40OE-A??