• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Resistance 2 Discussion

twelve

I'm not dead
EU people check your mail. I got my code today (technically yesterday but I havent gone to bed yet).

Scorned

Im hoping to get a code soon.

It should be the deciding factor on whether or not i'll get the game.

EDIT: Got my code, but seeing as its 2gb, ill start the download tomorrow.

Vee

Where are you guys getting your codes from? I entered on the resistance 2 beta site months ago..

Granite

Hardcore Prawn
RezaV said:
Where are you guys getting your codes from? I entered on the resistance 2 beta site months ago..
haha, i got given one randomly...
But i cant bring myself to play it, Gears 2 is so addictive

twelve

I'm not dead
RezaV said:
I registered then and I also registered a second time when all the blogs had articles saying "Registration now open".

Mine was a US code but luckily I only had to download it through a US account. I can play it on my UK account.

It sucks anyway. I haven't been able to join a single game.

Colm

I actually really like this Beta. If you can GET INTO GAMES. Co-op fails as I can't connect, but competitive is fun... If you can get into games.

Adiuvo

Granite said:
haha, i got given one randomly...
But i cant bring myself to play it, Gears 2 is so addictive
You still want the code?

Shatterdome

got me code as well......just registered on the latest round of beta codes and was accepted...

downloading it now at a meg a second, shouldn't take long....woop woop

Colm

I looove competitive. I STILL can't get into co-operative games. My friend's coming over today and we're going to try some two-player co-op\competitive.

NYYFAN

Got the beta email a few days ago courtesy of Qore 3. Downloaded it overnight and played yesterday. I suck hardcore at this. Played 2 team deathmatches and my kill loss ratio in the first was 1-14 and in the second 2-6. It seemed like the second I respawned that someone was right next to me, ready to kill me.

Overall, I like the game. Have not played a FPS since Orange Box( well Bioshock yesterday) so I need some practice but beyond that it is pretty fun.

Scorned

Played it last night, and enjoyed it alot.
Ill probably buy the game, just need to get a hold of some money.

At first i was thinking i sucked at the game, but after awhile i got to a suitable KDR and rank in game.

Adiuvo

NYYFAN said:
It seemed like the second I respawned that someone was right next to me, ready to kill me.
That was a huge problem in the original Resistance. I'm surprised they haven't fixed it, it certainly got complained about often enough.

Scorned

That really hasnt happened to me.

Once though, i did respawn by an enemy, but i had 2 or 3 guys next to me, so it didnt really kill me or anything. Overall, i think they did pretty well on the game.

I was a bit iffy on the whole 60 player online, but it seems they executed it quite nicely...8 player co-op was very fun as well.

Im really liking the Marksman though.

Sousanator

Shockingly Delicious
[STRIKE]I know this is ending soon, but if anyone is still looking for a code, I have 2 to give out.
I've been busy with all the other releases this month that I don't even feel like playing a beta, so just PM me and I'll send you a code.[/STRIKE]
Edit: Gone

Colm

If you have a second player logged in locally, you're going to have a helluva lot of problems connecting. Still, pretty easy to party up with other people :D
When's this due to expire anyway?