• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Resistance 2 Discussion

eldiablov

Contributor
Am I the only one who hates this game?

I played it over at a friends last night and I found it so boring. I dont really think they have improved much and I think the fact that you have to login as player 2 to do split screen before joining a server is unnecessary and annoying.

I also dont think too much of the graphics :/

Sullivan

I dont know... I just really don't like the online at all.

I might get this, but I highly doubt it.

Its not just online but I also feel it is very boring too.

Vee

Okay, so i got a code (courtesy of xploren) i redeemed it. But i didnt have enough memory. So i deleted a few things and did it again, and now its failing. Looks like i found a HUGE flaw in their code redeeming.

Nero

Mmmm...cookies
Vee said:
Okay, so i got a code (courtesy of xploren) i redeemed it. But i didnt have enough memory. So i deleted a few things and did it again, and now its failing. Looks like i found a HUGE flaw in their code redeeming.

Maybe its because the beta has ended. :p

NYYFAN

Adiuvo said:
That was a huge problem in the original Resistance. I'm surprised they haven't fixed it, it certainly got complained about often enough.

I never played the first so I can not really say if it was worse or better but it sure as hell was annoying.

I am still on the fence on buying this I only played the beta for two games and I think its good but with so many games coming out I will probably pass for awhile

Nero

Mmmm...cookies
Vee said:
I did it a few days before the beta ended.

I tried to enter my code on the 31st and it said that the code had already been used or its has been expired. I was soo close...:(

Bran

Yell
I got in on the beta but I didn't really play it. I did one co-op thing then one TDM and got annoyed at how frequently I got sniped cause there were like 15 snipers on one team.

I pegged a few mother fuckers though. Pretty satisfying.

If I ever got this game it'd be for the story/co-op. Only shooter I really play online is MGO.

Slasher

Suck It
Maybe this thread should be transformed into just plain "Resistance 2". It's out now eh

I plan on getting it for sure, just gotta find time. I got a $150 government grant today supposed to be for school, but I'll probably use it to buy games. At least the money won't be coming out of my bank account that way.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
Thread title changed. I forgot this released. I never even finished the first one and want to before I start playing this.

There are too many damn games I need to finish at the moment. Fable II, Fallout, Gears is dropping on Friday.

twelve

I'm not dead
Not out for a few weeks over here.

I didn't think much of the beta but then again I couldn't join a single game so it's kinda understandable that I didn't like it.

I enjoyed the first one so I'll probably pick this up at some point. Not straight away.

Adiuvo

Mirror's Edge goes on my list before this one. I'll probably wait until Christmas.

Is anyone else getting tired of shooters?

twelve

I'm not dead
Adiuvo said:
Is anyone else getting tired of shooters?
Yes. I was really looking forward to this game after the first one but it seems that every other game I buy is a shooter. I'm starting to get very bored of them.

I've just got LBP and Mirrors Edge s coming next friday, I'm rpobably gonna get Banjo Kazooie as well and then avoid shooters until xmas (need something to put on my list).

Slasher

Suck It
Just picked this game up last night. The stupid bitch at the counter ID'd me which was insulting, like are you fuckin serious with the facial hair I am now rocking lol? I must have given her the weirdest look I could have possibly come up with. Like seriously, who ID's for a game? lol @ that. I can see if maybe I'm 10 years old and buying GTA, but ehhhhh oh well

I don't get to go back to my dorm room though(where my ps3 is) until tomorrow. I can't wait to play it

PSPHax0r9

Quality Haxing Since 1991
R2 is awesome. The story is sweet - if it's not looking that great just wait until the end, the very last part and the ending are fucking awesome.

Slasher

Suck It
I just started it, and I'm loving it so far. I'm at the part where I've just walked out to see San Francisco all burning and fucked up. I just killed two giant things that were huge and had big guns.