• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Resistance 2 Discussion

Scorned

I should be getting the game by next week, unless the order comes in earlier, so hit me up if you want to play.

Pretty hyped about it, the beta just reeled me in.

ilyace

I'm leaning towards this over MGS4, any last things that could convince me? Also, would this play in 1080i? I'm waiting to get a new tv and in the mean time I'm stuck with my crap tv that doesn't support 720p(WTF!)

PSPHax0r9

Quality Haxing Since 1991
I'm leaning towards this over MGS4, any last things that could convince me? Also, would this play in 1080i? I'm waiting to get a new tv and in the mean time I'm stuck with my crap tv that doesn't support 720p(WTF!)

You can change the settings on your PS3 to upscale everything to 1080i.

ilyace

You can change the settings on your PS3 to upscale everything to 1080i.

I know, but a few games haven't worked and they are automatically bumped down to 480, so I just wanted to make sure. Most of the newer games have been working fine however.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
Got my Soldier to Level 15 tonight, he's the highest class I have so far. Medic is a Level 10 I think and Spec Ops is an 8.

From what ive read about this, I can't wait to pick this game up. Going to rent Resistance 1 first though.

I'm curious though, if you set the settings to always upscale to 1080, do some games take a performance/graphic hit? I know that for COD4, you have to force it up but i'm unsure about other games.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
Not sure about the upscaling, I've never had the need to do so.

I forgot to mention that I made an MfM clan last night if any players are interested. It's invite only, so I would need to know your PSN to send you one, etc.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
I leveled my Soldier class up to 24 now and he is sporting the Voltaic armor. I'm not sure what class I am going to level up after I max Soldier our.

Seth

MD Party Room
I really wanna pick up this game...Why did I have to spend my money...60 bucks is way to much to spend on a games for me ATM...

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
I really wanna pick up this game...Why did I have to spend my money...60 bucks is way to much to spend on a games for me ATM...

Then rent it or spend $10 per month on Gamefly where you can keep the games for as long as you want.

PSPHax0r9

Quality Haxing Since 1991
I leveled my Soldier class up to 24 now and he is sporting the Voltaic armor. I'm not sure what class I am going to level up after I max Soldier our.
Holy shit, how long did that take? I don't play co-op that often, but my Soldier takes forever to level up. Probably because I'm always playing with new idiots who don't understand that Spec Ops is actually supposed to give ammo to Soldiers or really good douchebags who go and kill everyone before I can even get a few shots off.

ilyace

How does the upgrade system work in this game? In the competitive mode do you ever gain new unlocks (weapons, etc)? Or is it just in the co-op mode?