• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

What did you get for Christmas?

Sir_Axxewraith

cant fux widdit
Good quote ;) School of Rock is win.

Super Slinky 9 Gauge Ernie Balls are the way to go. You may also consider getting the action lowered (bridge is lowered) for super clean easy playing.

James.

User Not Found
I got a 32" Sony Bravia
Wasn't expected, I was only wanting Rock Band 2 and Gears 2.

Oh, and some bbc-weather-symbol socks and michael fish fridge magnets

mohaas05

Its a small Peavey Audition, does the job. Its not like i'm going to being at concerts any time soon :p

Thanks. Just ordered some strings for it, i want the strings to be lower and closer to the neck. So i can do some gut-wrenching, face-melting solos.

Wouldn't that require adjusting the neck though?

I bought a Proline tremolo arm yesterday for my strat but for some reason it doesn't want to fit in the hole. And I don't think I have a custom bridge or tremolo system.

Seth

MD Party Room
A crappy 5 day trip to Disney world with my fam. But I got a very kool hat from Disney so it all good. That and my dad let me buy that 32 inch for Xmas with my money. On a sadder note my cam got broken on this trip it be a while before I can get a new one. And on a brighter note my unkel I never get to see gave me 375 check that mom made me save in the bank. Wish he learn the magic of a prepaid cc or gift card

androidkaita

Drop The Gun
I just remembered, I also won a christmas draw at my guitar teachers place. He's gonna set it up however I want, clean the frets for smooth playing, and replace the strings with whatever gauge I want (I'm obviously gonna choose the heaviest he's got haha)

Vee

Good quote ;) School of Rock is win.

Super Slinky 9 Gauge Ernie Balls are the way to go. You may also consider getting the action lowered (bridge is lowered) for super clean easy playing.
Funny thing is, i ordered a pair of those yesterday :p
Wouldn't that require adjusting the neck though?
I'm not sure, i dont think so. I've got a friend that's really good at doing it. So he's gonna come round and sort it all out.

mohaas05

I'm probably gonna spend some of my leftover christmas money on a new wireless card so I can finally wipe Windows and run *nix full time.

PSPHax0r9

Quality Haxing Since 1991
Just went out and bought the official PS3 Bluetooth Headset and a concert DVD, both of which are awesome.

Sousanator

Shockingly Delicious
With the money I've been saving since last year I finally got enough to buy myself a nice 1080p 46" Samsung on Boxing Day.

Can't wait to get back to my apartment next week to set it up.

Hellcat

Contributor
Niceish, I didn't even figure to code for the iPhone (yet) :D

//EDIT
that was a replpy to spike's post

spike021

iPhone Developer (prev. PSP Dev)
Niceish, I didn't even figure to code for the iPhone (yet) :D

Well, let's just say that the Apple Documentation for the SDK is pretty light. When I was looking at their docs, I could barely understand anything because they give you snippets, but don't quite explain how to use them as well as where to place the individual phrases.

I ended up purchasing a book yesterday on Amazon because I thought it may be better using something like that. :cool:

Vee

Just went out and bought the official PS3 Bluetooth Headset and a concert DVD, both of which are awesome.

Is it worth it? Does it have any noticable features? I wanted to get one..but i'm not sure if its better then the Jabra one i have now.

Sullivan

@Vee, I bought the Socom bundle back in November, socom sucked but the mic is great, I feel that I never have to charge it compared to the Jabra i got with warhawk. I love the mute button, I can still hear what they say unlike my jabra when i muted it. And the base/cradle is suwheat. I can also charge it with my Motorola phone charger, so its all cool.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
Is it worth it? Does it have any noticable features? I wanted to get one..but i'm not sure if its better then the Jabra one i have now.

I've got it and I don't think it's worth it. I find it very uncomfortable over long periods of time and the battery life on it is not very good in my opinion. Sony really should have just made a headset system like the 360's. It can be worn for long periods of time with no discomfort and it runs off the controller juice, so you don't potentially have to put in a charger and go mic-less when you want to continue playing. Very poor design and functionality choice.

Joey

Really? I love the Socom Headset... Maybe it just fits us differently, but it's comfortable to me, and I've played Socom for hours on end, and I've never had a problem with battery life.