• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

100 push ups, are you up for it?

Spiros

Maiki
An interesting return thread for me I guess. Hello all, and I will let you know as soon as possible how many push ups I can do, once I know if, since being female, do I get to do the push ups from the knee or do I have to do it at full stretch on the toes for it to count?

Either way is fine I'm sure, it says on the site Serideth linked to:
It really doesn't matter what style of push up you perform as long as you continue to make progress and keep challenging yourself.

Whichever way works for you should be fine.

Tsunaii

eMummeh
Thankyou, once I have had some food and finished studying, I will have a go.

Roe

Thankyou, once I have had some food and finished studying, I will have a go.
I remember reading somewhere that it's better for females to do it on their knees as it can do damage if done on the toes. Not sure how true this is but I'd look into it a bit more if I were you.

Slasher

Suck It
Managed 35 push ups which I guess puts me in rank 4

I'm pretty out of shape, I haven't done much of anything since last summer working as a mover. Good thing I start my job up again tomorrow. Should get in shape in no time :)

Serideth

Nice work all. Decided to make this one of my rest days as the top of my arms still burn a bit.

Updated the first list with the new people.

EDIT: Welcome back Tsunaii

A_Nub

Developer
Umm I can do 75 in a row (no sets) on ice in full hockey gear. So IDK what that translates into on ground in gym clothes. But yeah. :D

MenaceInc

Staff Member
Umm I can do 75 in a row (no sets) on ice in full hockey gear. So IDK what that translates into on ground in gym clothes. But yeah. :D

FLIIIIP, that's impressive.

Anyways, back from swimming and my arms are really sore now. xD
I thought I remembered swimming being a lot easier. Hope that the swimming won't have a detrimental effect on my results tomorrow. It'll be interesting to see.

Serideth

FLIIIIP, that's impressive.

Anyways, back from swimming and my arms are really sore now. xD
I thought I remembered swimming being a lot easier. Hope that the swimming won't have a detrimental effect on my results tomorrow. It'll be interesting to see.
Swimming is so good for you, short term I reckon it might impair your results, but long term it's most likely going to help you a ton.

Serideth

As I said I'm doing day 2 tomorrow, but this seems to be working for me, I had to check if I could beat my original score of 11 and I got 19 this time, that's after one day of doing day one twice (since I failed the first time).

Trigun

That guy, who Records Music.
ok, I got started this morning.

Week 3 Day 1.

I couldn't make the last set but oh well.

Today is my Chest/shoulder split so it serves as a decent warm up I guess

eldiablov

Contributor
Week one day two:

Set 1: 10 push ups - complete
Set 2: 12 push ups - complete
Set 3: 8 push ups - complete
Set 4: 8 push ups - complete
Set 5: 12 - push ups complete

Set 5 seriously pushed me today, I only just completed it. Though I did stick to 60 seconds rest in between each set.

The pushups logger is down by the way.

jas0nuk

Week 1 Day 1
Set 1 - 10 - done
Set 2 - 12 - done
Set 3 - 7 - done
Set 4 - 7 - done
Set 5 - 10

Just about managed 4 and 5.

elite

Oldie moldie
Serideth, you will place our progress or just how much push ups we can do consecutively?

Serideth

Serideth, you will place our progress or just how much push ups we can do consecutively?

Every week I will fill in:

Who is still doing it (under the correct week).
The maximum push ups they can do.
The improvement over their original number.

I'm going for my day 2 in a bit.

Serideth

Postponing my day 2 until tomorrow, arms still be hurtin' :(

:(

I had a really good day 2

Week one day two:

Set 1: 10 push ups - complete (Was so easy as well)
Set 2: 12 push ups - complete
Set 3: 8 push ups - complete
Set 4: 8 push ups - complete (Started to feel it here)
Set 5: 12+ - push ups - complete (Got the 12 but was not expecting my body to give in so soon, definitely getting better though.

Freshmilk

is Over 9000
It's actually quite weird that this thread has cropped up, considering I started doing pushups about 2 weeks ago, though not following any sort of plan. The most I can do consecutively is around 32 or 33, but it almost kills me to do so. xD Anyway, I'm in. I'll start Day 1 today. Is it a bad idea to try and do more than 3 days a week, though? I've pretty much been doing them every day so far.