• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

3.40 OE-A Install Guide

dutch45

dutch

i have been offered a psp ASAIN version, are there any bad points about this or is it just another make
thanks scott.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
the save games of 3.10 can i use it in 3.40?

Yes you can.

i have been offered a psp ASAIN version, are there any bad points about this or is it just another make
thanks scott.

Only disadvantage is that you will only be able to play UMD movies from that region, as they are not region free. Games however, are region free so don't worry about that.

AznSaiyan

but cant those custom make region free for movies? if you hold R and go to config. there is a option to change isnt it?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
but cant those custom make region free for movies? if you hold R and go to config. there is a option to change isnt it?

No it doesn't affect movies. Enabling the region-free option will give you access to some features which are exclusive to a certain region, such as PTV or PlayStation Spot.

It's not a main priority right now, but an update to OE is planned to get movies from all regions working.

dutch45

Dutch45

i waz just wondering how do you play a double disk game on psp? for example on ff7 when it asks you to change disks, what do you do on the psp? and if you can answer that, how about resident evil2. if you no how that game works you play on game then insert other disk to play senerio B? this has just been bothering me as i have just got hold of a new psp and am wondering if i should not play some psp games on it. BUT people haver already been playing ff7, how does it work? thank you i have rabbited on quite enough lol
dutch.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
i waz just wondering how do you play a double disk game on psp? for example on ff7 when it asks you to change disks, what do you do on the psp? and if you can answer that, how about resident evil2. if you no how that game works you play on game then insert other disk to play senerio B? this has just been bothering me as i have just got hold of a new psp and am wondering if i should not play some psp games on it. BUT people haver already been playing ff7, how does it work? thank you i have rabbited on quite enough lol
dutch.

When you create the EBOOTs for multi-disc games just make sure they have the same GameID and SaveID as the first disc. That way when you finish disc 1, most games ask you to save before continuing to the second disc. You would just save then start disc 2 and load up your save.

llsektorll

i tried to search but couldn't find.... but is there a way to downgrade back to 1.5 after 3.40oe-a i dont seem to be able to load the games at all i can see preview screen but after psp logo on booting game it goes blank then few moments later i get error "The game could not be started. (80020321)" i tried it for 5 games and same problem
tried it on Daxter, Megaman Maverick Hunger, NFS UD, Viewtiful joe, and Coded arms.

Roe

i tried to search but couldn't find.... but is there a way to downgrade back to 1.5 after 3.40oe-a i dont seem to be able to load the games at all i can see preview screen but after psp logo on booting game it goes blank then few moments later i get error "The game could not be started. (80020321)" i tried it for 5 games and same problem
tried it on Daxter, Megaman Maverick Hunger, NFS UD, Viewtiful joe, and Coded arms.
Have you got no-umd disabled in recovery mode and a umd in the drive? If not do that and they should work.

BOSSIII716

I HAVE 1.5 AND DID ALL STEPS YOU SAID AND IT STILL DOESNT WORK. I GET IT AS FAR AS CHECKING FILES. KEEPS SAYING INVALID OR MISSING 340.PBP FILE I DOWNLOADED IT AT LEAST FIVE DIFFERENT TIMES. PLEASE HELP

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I HAVE 1.5 AND DID ALL STEPS YOU SAID AND IT STILL DOESNT WORK. I GET IT AS FAR AS CHECKING FILES. KEEPS SAYING INVALID OR MISSING 340.PBP FILE I DOWNLOADED IT AT LEAST FIVE DIFFERENT TIMES. PLEASE HELP

have you tried formatting your MS?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
One question...do i need to install the 1.50 if i already have 3.30OE-C ?

Please note that you must be running 1.50, or any of the OE series firmware to begin this installation.

so yes running it on 3.30 OE-C is fine.

BOSSIII716

yes ive done that. twice. it goes through until it gets to searching and opening 340.pbp file and then says INVALID OR MISSING 340.PBP. do you have one i can download and use that way. or is there another way.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
yes ive done that. twice. it goes through until it gets to searching and opening 340.pbp file and then says INVALID OR MISSING 340.PBP. do you have one i can download and use that way. or is there another way.

what's the size of the 340.PBP? Should be 22,048,768 bytes

If that matches then I'm inclined to say that this is a memory stick problem. Certain brands of Sony and Lexar memory sticks have trouble loading big files..

EDIT: Try re-downloading the 340.PBP .. seems some people were having trouble with the Sony link.

Krelian

And another thing:

If that matches then I'm inclined to say that this is a memory stick problem. Certain brands of Sony and Lexar memory sticks have trouble loading big files..

Or I've found that the PSP branded 1GB memory sticks never finish making the DATA.DXAR, they just hang for ever... it's happened with both of the PSP 1GBs I've tried.

Zacqual

3.03 oe-a

mines is a 3.03-oe-a.
i cant seem to update using this method, can anyone help? when i copy the updates folder to my game folder, i get a 3.40maker and a corrupted data.

anyone can help pls thx. btw my folder show GAME and not GAME150
my version is a 3.03oe-a

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
mines is a 3.03-oe-a.
i cant seem to update using this method, can anyone help? when i copy the updates folder to my game folder, i get a 3.40maker and a corrupted data.

anyone can help pls thx. btw my folder show GAME and not GAME150
my version is a 3.03oe-a

you need to create a GAME150 folder then, alongside the GAME folder.

chemist

Staff infection
?

First grab the 3.40 OE-A files.

1. Copy oeupdmaker and oeupdmaker% to X:/PSP/GAME if you are in 1.50, or to X:/PSP/GAME150 if you are running OE.
On the link where you get the 3.40 OE-A files it doesnt have oeupdmaker and oeupdmaker% if it was supposed to.
If its not supposed to have thos files where do i get them?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
On the link where you get the 3.40 OE-A files it doesnt have oeupdmaker and oeupdmaker% if it was supposed to.
If its not supposed to have thos files where do i get them?

Yes it does have those folders. Look again.