• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

3.40 OE-A Install Guide

Pantysniffer

I'm not sure how to enter recovery mode, but no, no UMD in the drive. Sorry; should've looked for myself what that error code meant...

Roe

I'm not sure how to enter recovery mode, but no, no UMD in the drive. Sorry; should've looked for myself what that error code meant...
Well to enter recovery mode turn off your psp completely then hold r when turning it back on. Try putting a UMD in the drive and tell me what happens.

Pantysniffer

I don't have any UMDs, and I enabled 'no UMD' in recovery mode, but it still doesn't work. I guess it must be a bad dump or something. I know what they're like...

Roe

I don't have any UMDs, and I enabled 'no UMD' in recovery mode, but it still doesn't work. I guess it must be a bad dump or something. I know what they're like...
Have you not even got the demo umd that you got with your psp?

Roe

Well you are going to need a umd if you are going to play some games off your memory stick so I suggest you get one.

Krelian

The eternal struggle.

Yeah, there aren't too many games that are compatible with No-UMD...
It's best to just Disable No-UMD in Recovery, set your PSP to not Auto-Start UMD in System Settings, and keep a game in the drive.

mikemann

Ok i need help, on my psp i downloaded this 3.40 oe-A. But when i choose to use my GTA VCS thats in my ISO folder it doesnt work, it just goes to a black screen. But when i use my sonic rivals thats in my ISO folder, it worked perfect.

Can someone help me to get my mortal kombat working.

Roe

Ok i need help, on my psp i downloaded this 3.40 oe-A. But when i choose to use my GTA VCS thats in my ISO folder it doesnt work, it just goes to a black screen. But when i use my sonic rivals thats in my ISO folder, it worked perfect.

Can someone help me to get my mortal kombat working.
Try disabling no-umd in recovery mode and put any umd in the drive. To get into recovery mode turn off your psp completely then hold r when turning it back on.

Roe

If you have msn messenger contact me over that and i'll try to guide you through getting it to work.

onyx307

this is my first post so HELLO :D... I don't like asking for help in the first post but I'm in some kind of a catch22 situation.

I have a problem for which I couldn't find any answer on the net. I had a 2.81 PSP, I upgraded it 3.03, then downgraded to 1.5 then installed 3.40oe-a on it using one the tutorials on the net. Everything seems great except:

For some reason, I can't get into the recovery console. I hold R button and switch on, but nothing, it still boots up to the regular screen.

Has anyone ever had a similar problem, or does anybody know any solution. I will be glad if I can get some help

Roe

this is my first post so HELLO :D... I don't like asking for help in the first post but I'm in some kind of a catch22 situation.

I have a problem for which I couldn't find any answer on the net. I had a 2.81 PSP, I upgraded it 3.03, then downgraded to 1.5 then installed 3.40oe-a on it using one the tutorials on the net. Everything seems great except:

For some reason, I can't get into the recovery console. I hold R button and switch on, but nothing, it still boots up to the regular screen.

Has anyone ever had a similar problem, or does anybody know any solution. I will be glad if I can get some help
Are you sure you turned the psp off fully by holding down the switch fo about 10 seconds?

Chimp

Thought I'd update you guys on the situation.

It's working! :w00t:

I tried again with the same card, I deleted the entire contents of the card, folders and all, reformatted then tried again.. after an hour of unpacking the 3.40 stuff, it worked.

So thanks for the mucho help on it, I'll add rep for you guys, I love you all :laugh:

Any chance of a link to some GBA emulators, and mabye a SNES one for Ghosts n' Ghouls? :biggrin:

Roe

For a GBA emulator, I use gpsp, you need the gba bios for it so if you want it email me and i'll send it to you and as for snes I use snes9xtyl.

GBA

SNES

Pantysniffer

How is that GBA Emu? Daedalus is pretty cool for an N64 Emu, but none of the games I really want to play run well on it. For instance do the Pokemon and Zelda: The Minish Cap games work well on the GBA Emu?