• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

3.40 OE-A Install Guide

Krelian

It's all inside.

when i grabbed the 3.40 OE-A files all i get is 340_oea.rar
A .RAR is an archive, like a .ZIP. The files are in there you just need to extract them.
Get WinRAR or 7-Zip (which I recommend) to do the job.

chemist

Staff infection
@krelian- thanks.
After im done upgrading is it okay if i format my memory card?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
@krelian- thanks.
After im done upgrading is it okay if i format my memory card?

Yes after upgrading it is ok to format the memory stick.

Pantysniffer

Hi,
When I try to put the 150.PBP and 340.PBP files (which I downloaded from the links provided and then from one other source) in the oeupdmaker folder, I get this error message:
'Error Copying File or Folder. Cannot copy 150: cannot find the specified file. Make sure you specify the correct path and file name.'
Then, all the folders and files on the PSP, in this case G:\ vanish, and I have to redo the 'USB connection' thing in XMB for them to reappear.
Strangely enough, 150.PBP and 340.PBP are in the correct folder (oeupdmaker) and they're the correct file-sizes, but when I execute the update maker, it says the 150.PBP file is invalid and makes a DATA.DXAR of 0 bytes.
I'm thinking the memory card is knacked - what do you guys think?
Thanks, and sorry for the long post.

Jaynb

I'm thinking the memory card is knacked - what do you guys think?

Yeah, sounds like a dodgy MS.
What make and size is it? Where did you buy it from?

What happens if you try this?

1. In the xmb, go to Video / Memory Stick
2. Press triangle
3. Press x over "Information"

If its real it displays :
Magicgate Supported

Chimp

Hi guys, I think I'm in need of a wee bit of help :blushing:

I've got my PSP at 1.50, and I'm planning on getting the 3.40 OE-A. So I downloaded the folders, 150.PBP and 340.PBP, put them in the correct folder and put the oeupdmaker and oeupdmaker% into the GAME folder, then ran it on my PSP.

it gets as far as extracting and packaging 3.40 firmware, but nothing happens afterwards. I can leave it for a good hour and nothing happens.

I've reformatted the card twice, redownloaded them and I'm 100% positive I'm popping them in the correct folders.

I'm confused, any help is appreciated :laugh:

Jaynb

Hi guys, I think I'm in need of a wee bit of help :blushing:

I've got my PSP at 1.50, and I'm planning on getting the 3.40 OE-A. So I downloaded the folders, 150.PBP and 340.PBP, put them in the correct folder and put the oeupdmaker and oeupdmaker% into the GAME folder, then ran it on my PSP.

it gets as far as extracting and packaging 3.40 firmware, but nothing happens afterwards. I can leave it for a good hour and nothing happens.

I've reformatted the card twice, redownloaded them and I'm 100% positive I'm popping them in the correct folders.

I'm confused, any help is appreciated :laugh:

Try this as well! sounds like the MS.

2. Press triangle

Magicgate Supported

Chimp

It doesn't read anything other than:

User Capacity 465mb
Free Space 427mb

But my type of card is this. I didn't buy it from there.. but that is my card.

Pantysniffer

2. Press triangle

Magicgate Supported

Thanks for the reply. It's a 2GB Sony Memory Stick Pro Duo which came with the PSP, and when I tried what you suggested, it merely says the total capacity and free capacity; no other information. Incidentally, theMS says MagicGate on it.
I'm confused. (Even more so.)

Holy Drozd, that guy's query is almost identical to mine...spooky.

Krelian

Information withheld.

Looking at the memory stick information in XMB didn't start showing MagicGate support until a much newer firmware (higher than 2.71 I believe).
You say it came with the PSP. Did you buy online without packaging somewhere like eBay?
Chances are it's a fake stick... See if you can dig up or borrow another one to try the install.

Jaynb

It doesn't read anything other than:

User Capacity 465mb
Free Space 427mb

But my type of card is this. I didn't buy it from there.. but that is my card.

Thanks for the reply. It's a 2GB Sony Memory Stick Pro Duo which came with the PSP, and when I tried what you suggested, it merely says the total capacity and free capacity; no other information. Incidentally, theMS says MagicGate on it.
I'm confused. (Even more so.)

Holy Drozd, that guy's query is almost identical to mine...spooky.

Sorry guys, I forgot that the Magicgate supported feature was not in 1.50 and was introduced at a later firmware.:blushing:

Chimp, where did u purchase yours?

Pantysniffer

Well, it gets complicated...
It's brand new, but I think it's a FW 2.71 downgraded to FW1.50...The motherboard is an IC1003 (TA-082), and it was all boxed up and everything with the MS already inside.
Any file over a few MB has the same effect as the 150.PBP and 340.PBP, i.e. all the folders disappear and you have to redo the 'UCB Connection' thing.
Buy yeah, it was from eBay, listed as brand new, which, essentially, it is. It's awesome; the screen is dead-pixel-free and everything, just the MS doesn't work, or so it seems.
By the way, all the information points towards the card being a genuine, either that or it's an exceptionally skillfully made fake.
http://reviews.ebay.com.au/FAKE-Son...Gate-Cards-Exposed_W0QQugidZ10000000001535703

Chimp

roe-ur-boat: Nope, it's a completely fresh PSP.. I've never once done any customisations until now.

Jaynb: I'm from the UK, and I got it off of Amazon.

Krelian

Once upon a time.

I had a fake Sony 2GB High Speed memory stick that was perfect in every way except it had a little holographic sticker on the back that said BYI (Why would that be there?)
I even used it to go from 2.60 to 2.71, downgrade to 1.50 and upgrade to 3.10OE-A'... but none the less even though it had a VERY high read speed it had a well below average write speed and it showed up with MagicGate Unknown in XMB... it was fake (or possible a quality control reject).
My opinion is if it came from eBay one way or another it should be assumed fake until proven otherwise.
I still suggest trying a different memory stick, or if it's dropping the USB connection I'd also suggest trying a different USB cable.

Pantysniffer

King - I don't think you can downgrade from 3.40 at this point in time.
Everyone else - thanks for the help. Turns out it was the USB lead that wasn't working, not the memory stick. Now I just have to recharge my battery from all of that frantic messing around and headscratching, and install 3.40 OE-A goodness.
Thanks again; I can't think of a nicer community to be apart of.
So does this mean that after all of that fuss, that I have to now downdrade from 3.40 OE-A in order to be able to run DevHook, i.e. play isos off the memory stick?

Krelian

Not quite.

You can run ISOs and homebrew right off the memory stick through the XMB in custom firmware, no problem.
You really don't need DevHook for anything on Open Edition firmware unless there is a specific feature or compatibility that was only in another firmware.

Pantysniffer

Yeah, when I try to do that (with isos), it says 'The game could not be started. (88020321)'
Is it a conspiracy? How unfair...