• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

3.50 Downgrade Guide

gkid007

SO what about the other files like CHECKWORKS and SRC inside the downgrade pack, what do you do with that?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
SO what about the other files like CHECKWORKS and SRC inside the downgrade pack, what do you do with that?

Nothing. The root of the PSP is your memory stick drive.

So... if it were H: you'd transfer the files to H:/

gkid007

SO just to make sure i wont be doing anything wrong.

1.Psp on 3.5
2.get downgrade pack and 1.5 firmware
3.i rename the 1.5 update file from eboot.PBP to UPDATE.PBP
4.i put UPDATE.PBP into the UPDATE folder.
5.i overwrite the PSP folder which is in the MS_Root folder onto the memory stick(OVERWRITE the psp folder already on the memory stick)
6.i run lumines
7.check if its at 3.50HEN
8.then i run update file X.YZ
9.Finished

please tell me if i wrote anything wrong

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
SO just to make sure i wont be doing anything wrong.

1.Psp on 3.5
2.get downgrade pack and 1.5 firmware
3.i rename the 1.5 update file from eboot.PBP to UPDATE.PBP
4.i put UPDATE.PBP into the UPDATE folder.
5.i overwrite the PSP folder which is in the MS_Root folder onto the memory stick(OVERWRITE the psp folder already on the memory stick)
6.i run lumines
7.check if its at 3.50HEN
8.then i run update file X.YZ
9.Finished

please tell me if i wrote anything wrong

That's right but step 5 should be above step 3.

After you overwrite the PSP folder with the one from the downgrade pack you copy UPDATE.PBP into the UPDATE folder.

supaquickt

I was just wondering whether this makes the 3.03 downgrade and the 2.80 downgrade obsolete. As in would you just upgrade ANY psp (Below 3.50) to 3.50 than downgrade from there? Or do you recommend upgrading to the closest version of your firmware eg. 2.70 to 2.8 or 2.9 to 3.03 than downgrading. Or there is absolutely no difference. I'm asking this as I'm looking at doing a few friends psp's but there all on different versions so If I could learn just this method that would be great. Thanks in advance.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I was just wondering whether this makes the 3.03 downgrade and the 2.80 downgrade obsolete. As in would you just upgrade ANY psp (Below 3.50) to 3.50 than downgrade from there? Or do you recommend upgrading to the closest version of your firmware eg. 2.70 to 2.8 or 2.9 to 3.03 than downgrading. Or there is absolutely no difference. I'm asking this as I'm looking at doing a few friends psp's but there all on different versions so If I could learn just this method that would be great. Thanks in advance.

Nah it doesn't make those obsolete. Reason being is because you need Lumines to use it. If someone is on 2.71 and doesn't have Lumines, then they will want to use the 2.71 downgrader.

If you have Lumines, then I'd just suggest upgrading them all to 3.50 and then downgrade to 1.5.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor

Cheezeball99

But I was committed after that birthday party...
Can you leave it on 3.50HEN

I believe what he means is if he can leave it on 3.50HEN and just run homebrew 'n' such from that, without downgrading. I believe if you completely turn off your PSP and turn it back on then the HEN is gone, correct x3?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I believe what he means is if he can leave it on 3.50HEN and just run homebrew 'n' such from that, without downgrading. I believe if you completely turn off your PSP and turn it back on then the HEN is gone, correct x3?

Yeah that's right. But 3.50 HEN can only run the downgrader plus some sample applications included in the zip... nothing else.

gkid007

I'm scared of downgrading my psp cuz i dont want it to brick.:crying:

Should i be?

EDIT:What happens if my psp bricks, will i be able to fix it?

Please help me i'm so nervous

My motherboard version is.........i dont know. Nothing is printed on it

I currently have firmware 3.50

Is it a safe procedure?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I'm scared of downgrading my psp cuz i dont want it to brick.:crying:

Should i be?

EDIT:What happens if my psp bricks, will i be able to fix it?

Please help me i'm so nervous

My motherboard version is.........i dont know. Nothing is printed on it

I currently have firmware 3.50

Well you don't need to know the motherboard version as the downgrader will automatically detect it.

No if your PSP bricks there is no way to fix it other than getting a modchip. But 99% of the time the downgrader will be successful. You can't rule out hardware issues though.

gkid007

AS you said:
No if your PSP bricks there is no way to fix it other than getting a modchip. But 99% of the time the downgrader will be successful. You can't rule out hardware issues though.

You can't rule out hardware issues though.<<<<<<<What does this sentence mean

gkid007

When i open my UMD drive to check the firmware version it's blank,there are no numbers or letters written, so am i good to downgrade?

-------Sorry for all the questions, i'm a NOOOB-------------------
--------The wind whispers NOOB in my ear ----------

Acerthief

AS you said:

You can't rule out hardware issues though.<<<<<<<What does this sentence mean

it means that some times when flashing there would be a hardware crashdown, both temporary or permanently, but the chances is REALLY little. i screwed up my psp this morning and flash from 1.5 to 3.40OE-A between like ten times and my psp is still fine. so it's almost impossible to have a hardware crashdown.
relax~.

When i open my UMD drive to check the firmware version it's blank,there are no numbers or letters written, so am i good to downgrade?

-------Sorry for all the questions, i'm a NOOOB-------------------
--------The wind whispers NOOB in my ear ----------

read this thread at the bottom again:
Well you don't need to know the motherboard version as the downgrader will automatically detect it.

just follow the steps SLOWLY, plug your ac on your psp and you will be fine. after downgrading to 1.5 take your UMD out just in case the game auto starts and auto updates again.(take it out after finishing downgrading and before you open your psp again.)