• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

ChickHEN for Firmware 5.03 R2

eXo

M for Messenger
Team Typhoon and group lead Davee have made good on their promise to deliver a properly working version of the universal homebrew enabler known as ChickHEN, initially released yesterday. For those in need of a refresher, this enables homebrew support on firmware 5.03 for all PSP revisions, including the PSP-3000 and TA-088 v3 equipped 2000 [...]

More...

SchmilK

Great speed on teh updates!
I have had great success on my phat by
Copy ChickHen folder to photo folder
Copy eggsploit.tiff to photo folder
Boot the psp clean. Then flick the power switch to suspend, then flick back on and go to photo folder, instantly hen is enabled on my phat!!!!

raing3

Thanks davee and everyone else who is involved for the update. Definately works better than the first release :).

AntonGo

um....AWESOME! thanks davee and all those involved! really appreciate it, now I have some use for my psp!!
Btw; worked fine on my PsP 3000 ver 5.03.

cylent431

THx Davee

Your the best dude ^_^ hope you don't change. We appreciate all you've done for the psp3k community. YOU THE MAN!!!!:love:

calithe1

hello evry 1 the chicken exploit load only when you go to the map chickhen and don;t scroll in the map. When you scroll than the psp willl stuck en drop off

i found a way that the chicken exploit load for sure that is that when you go to photo in the xbm and go in to the map of the chicken exploit wait till i couple of eggs are displayed the exploit load on his own when you scroll in the map of chicken exploit and the psp drop of and do nothing i hope i give inoff info good luck with it thx for the exploit davee and team

The1

Only emu working for me is MAME4ALL do ineed to make a new folder for snes9xtyl,Dgen etc.

Gromit010

Hey everyone, i've been visiting this site about every hour or so regarding this breakthrough.

I seem to have a problem.. I updated the patch to the official firmware 5.03 and placed the h.bin in the root.

I've then placed the tiff file into the PHOTO album as stated in the instructions, but after I tried viewing it through the PSP, it freezes and restarts normally. I then tried placing the ChickHENa-d.gif into the PHOTO album as well and again tried to view it and the eggs load but when it got to the tiff file it freezes and shuts off.

Am I doing something wrong? please help i've been waiting 5 months for this to happen :(

Mixmoff

Great job Davee, I'm psyched to see the official version up. I'm glad you're sticking to your guns on the cso/iso issue. Piracy-free homebrew is a wonderful thing.

As SchmilK said, I get the HEN loaded first time every time on my 3000 by following this pattern:

1) Turn on PSP
2) Go in suspend mode
3) Come back from suspend
4) Go to Photos
5) Open Memory Card
6) Wait without scrolling.

calithe1

Gromit010
May 6th, 2009 at 8:44 pm

Hey everyone, i've been visiting this site about every hour or so regarding this breakthrough.

I seem to have a problem.. I updated the patch to the official firmware 5.03 and placed the h.bin in the root.

I've then placed the tiff file into the PHOTO album as stated in the instructions, but after I tried viewing it through the PSP, it freezes and restarts normally. I then tried placing the ChickHENa-d.gif into the PHOTO album as well and again tried to view it and the eggs load but when it got to the tiff file it freezes and shuts off.

Am I doing something wrong? please help i've been waiting 5 months for this to happen :(

copy the map chickhen exploit puth it the map psp make a map photo and than copy the chickhen map to it
when you are in the xbm in photo don't scrolll in the map of chickhen xploit wait till you see al eggs

happy_mak

Game & Gadgets
Davee, GREAT WORK, works on my JP PSP and happy with that.
Can you set the HEN to work even if the Character code was set to Japanese. I have to set it to English to get it to work actually...

Nevertheless thanks for the update
happy_mak
<a rel="nofollow" href="http://www.twitter.com/game_gadgets/">[www.twitter.com]</a>

Chaoskeeper56

Pineapple
Works great! And the homebrews that involve internet work! :D
Which of the Psp youtube things work best for this? that is if anyone knows yet.
And OMG I HAVE MARIO ON MY PSP! :D

calithe1

Chaoskeeper56
May 6th, 2009 at 9:13 pm

Works great! And the homebrews that involve internet work! :D
Which of the Psp youtube things work best for this? that is if anyone knows yet.
And OMG I HAVE MARIO ON MY PSP! :D

JosB

I have for myself have a TA-088v3 PSP 2000,

I have tried everything anothing was working,
saw these post from SchmilK and Mixmoff. Followed their instruction and it work the 1st time.

1) Turn on PSP
2) Go in suspend mode
4) Go to Photos
5) Open Memory Card

Thanks guys, thanks Davee and Team Typhoon and also a big shout to the M4Mature staff. Wow !!!

calithe1

I have for myself have a TA-088v3 PSP 2000,

I have tried everything anothing was working,
saw these post from SchmilK and Mixmoff. Followed their instruction and it work the 1st time.

1) Turn on PSP
2) Go in suspend mode
4) Go to Photos
5) Open Memory Card

Thanks guys, thanks Davee and Team Typhoon and also a big shout to the M4Mature staff. Wow !!!

thx of my owner of the work that i have done to find that out the rewrited it only thx buth litle bit crappy i write the manual an some nasty people steal it and take the honor bastards