• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Conficker worm: D-day April 1st

Cryox

Bro.
so far, it just updates itself. that is all that happened today. it updated itself.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
Whoa, I doubt this is real, but look:
http://blogs.zdnet.com/security/?p=3080

That's most likely real. I received an e-mail from my school IT department saying that my computer might be infected (they detected some kind of infection on it..but there is nothing on it, just stuff I'm running) and they directed me to that page (although it was rehosted on an .edu website).

I see no reason not to believe that page

NoEffex

Seth's On A Boat.
It'd explain why I've been getting a ton of attachment spam emails from legitimate emails, assuming that is possibly a flaw.

Pokemanz master

Lowering your IQ
I finally got to update, but didn't finish since my internet got cut off.
I finish it later since its long. Btw I been getting alot of attachment mail from
other people to weird....

Mister Chief

Quickest way to check if you are infected is by trying to run windows update. If you can't you have conficker.

And to the people saying "When is microsoft going to release a patch?" or "Why didn't they patch it sooner?", they patched the exploit in October of last year. They patched the exploit used by conficker before the worm was even created. The people who created the worm most likely first found out about the exploit when microsoft patched it.

Pokemanz master

Lowering your IQ
System Updated 100%, I cannot be infected by the worm :)
Windows xp Sp3*opps just notice*

MenaceInc

Staff Member
I got an internal email in work saying how I couldn't be added to the union because they couldn't take payment from payroll so needed my account no. and sort code...

I reckon is was conficker trickery...

very smart people...

Cryox

Bro.
wow that must have been close. did you start entering stuff in, then notice that they wouldn't ask for that info?

MenaceInc

Staff Member
wow that must have been close. did you start entering stuff in, then notice that they wouldn't ask for that info?

haha,nah
anyone who asks for account info out of the blue, i never give it
sent a reply telling the person to send it in a letter

doubt i'll get a letter

Proxin

EvilSeph

Administrator
Quick! Everyone switch to OpenDNS. It blocks it.