• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Dark_AleX Releases 3.71 M33-2, 1.50 Kernel Add-on v2

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
srry forgot 2 add, wat does it mean in the 3.71m33-2 instructions were it says
"If you are in the fat psp, make sure you have configured the psp to run the game folder in the 3.XX kernel"

Press R during bootup to enter Recovery mode and enter Configuration to make sure that the Game folder homebrew kernel is set to 3.X

Acerthief

I updated to 1.5 kernel v2, and i still have the problem.
In fact, i started to have the ipl problem AFTER i installed v2.
Tried three memory sticks, tried to reinstalled 3.71M33, same thing.
One of the oddest moments... lol
Any help would be appreciated.:D

Doubleagent74

Just installed it a few days ago, and it works great! Almost all my homebrew works now (except gPSP, which I can get to work with eLoader). Maybe we should start a PayPal account so we can all chip in and buy DarkAlex a drink. :)

Chilly Willy

Contributor
Just installed it a few days ago, and it works great! Almost all my homebrew works now (except gPSP, which I can get to work with eLoader). Maybe we should start a PayPal account so we can all chip in and buy DarkAlex a drink. :)

D_A has a paypal link on his page. I donated $50 USD a while ago.

orprepus

A little lost - trying to install the 1.50 - already have 3.71 installed. Saw 3.71m33-2 is availalbe, but I can't see GAME folder? Unless they are hidden? Folders via USB connection are DIC, GPS, NET, REGISTRY, UPDATER and VSH. Any ideas?

MenaceInc

Staff Member

thats strange...gPSP works great for me even with 1.50 v2...
and yea,i guess i should donate to D_A ...i'll see about it when i get my backdated wages :)

Doubleagent74

thats strange...gPSP works great for me even with 1.50 v2...
and yea,i guess i should donate to D_A ...i'll see about it when i get my backdated wages :)

Maybe I'm thinking of something else. I just fired up gPSP and found that it not only works without eLoader, but runs more smoothly than it did before--the sound used to stutter and lag whenever I played Metroid Fusion or CV: Aria of Sorrow, but not anymore.

I did notice something unusual, though: when I installed DGen, I noticed that I didn't need to have a folder called "dgen%" in the GAME150 folder. In the past, installing 1.50 HB required copying two folders: in this case, one called "dgen" and one called "dgen%." Now, all I need is the first one. Strange, but not at all unwelcome.

Acerthief

Maybe I'm thinking of something else. I just fired up gPSP and found that it not only works without eLoader, but runs more smoothly than it did before--the sound used to stutter and lag whenever I played Metroid Fusion or CV: Aria of Sorrow, but not anymore.

I did notice something unusual, though: when I installed DGen, I noticed that I didn't need to have a folder called "dgen%" in the GAME150 folder. In the past, installing 1.50 HB required copying two folders: in this case, one called "dgen" and one called "dgen%." Now, all I need is the first one. Strange, but not at all unwelcome.

the kind with two folders are "kxploit" (a kind of eboot format)
some jsut need one folder, but it will not run on 1.5 unless you've patched with DA's kxploit-patcher.

kman

Problem with games

I noticed that after upgrading to v3.71 m33-2, I tried to play more than 3 games on a 4gb memory stick but only some of them work. Did you guys notice this too? What could be the problem?

chemist

Staff infection
I added the 3.71 M33-2 Update but when i try to add the 1.50 Kernel Patch Version 2 it wont work and it says incorrect 150.pbp.
Am i suppossed to add the 1.50 kernal patch.
nevermind im didnt read the previous posts...I figured out what im supposed to do

supaquickt

I take it I can just install the 1.5 kernel patch v 2 straight onto a psp (phat of course) running 3.71 M33-2? ie I don't have to install 1.5 kernel patch v 1 first? Thxs

EDIT: Think I got my answer, on the first page ;-) its a big yes I believe, correct me if I'm wrong. Thanks anyway.

Crono254

is there any specific order i have to install these two in?
first the 3.71 M33-2 and then afterwards 1.5 kernel?
do all of these updates, including the kernel, work on the slim?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
is there any specific order i have to install these two in?
first the 3.71 M33-2 and then afterwards 1.5 kernel?
do all of these updates, including the kernel, work on the slim?

only install the 3.71 M33-2 update then, 1.5 kernel patch doesn't work for PSP Slim as icedman said.

Crono254

thanks.
without using the kernel, what are my limitations?
i tried searching for what it is for, and only found the answer that SOME
homebrew applications will not work without the kernel.
just as long as the psp iso's, playstation iso's\cso's, and other emulators would
work then i would be satisfied.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
thanks.
without using the kernel, what are my limitations?
i tried searching for what it is for, and only found the answer that SOME
homebrew applications will not work without the kernel.
just as long as the psp iso's, playstation iso's\cso's, and other emulators would
work then i would be satisfied.

ISOs work fine... but for applications that don't work under the 3.X kernel there's always eLoader, which will load most 1.5 applications on 3.71 M33.

Gerrard

now i'm using 3.71m33-2 with addon150(2)
can i put change those theme? if yes, is it the same concept? vsh-resource?