• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Dark_AleX Releases 3.71 M33-2, 1.50 Kernel Add-on v2

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Search around the forums, nearly every emulator has been re-released for Slim. I have NesterJ, DGEN, SNESTYL, and gpSP all working fine on my Slim.

eLoader is great but I really haven't found a need for it. To use it you just start it up like any other homebrew app (copy to GAME folder) and it will display a list of all the homebrews on your PSP. From there you just select which one you want to play.

licov09

so you actually need a pandora battery to get 3.71 m33 i got 3.52 m33-2 is it worth the trouble of updating?

Cov

Acerthief

so you actually need a pandora battery to get 3.71 m33 i got 3.52 m33-2 is it worth the trouble of updating?

Cov

you don't actually. it's just that the pandora doesn't downgrade to 1.5 but instead go to 3.71M33-2 directly saving the trouble ;).

If you want to upgrade without the pandora battery, check out the guide HERE

Logic

hi, i just got version 3.71 M33-2 and i tryed downloading a few games but i just cant figure out how to put them onto my psp properly, can anybody help please?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
hi, i just got version 3.71 M33-2 and i tryed downloading a few games but i just cant figure out how to put them onto my psp properly, can anybody help please?

They go in PSP/GAME

However if the homebrew still does not work then you may need to install the 1.5 kernel patch. It's available in the first post of this thread.

http://forums.exophase.com/showthread.php?t=3814

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
hey i just downgraded my psp to 3.71 m33-2..and i have slim..what do i need to add on in order to play homebrew games

Most homebrew games should work fine just by placing them in the PSP/GAME folder located on your memory stick. There's nothing you need to add.

wait but i didnt add the 1.5 kernel because it doesnt work on a slim..i just downgraded it with a pandora battery and magic memory stick..what do i have to like do to get the games to be playable...or like what kind of games do i have to add

Chilly Willy

Contributor
The only way to make 1.5-based games work on the slim is to use eLoader 1.0, and it doesn't work on all 1.5-based apps, just some of them.

billz320

Hey I get wat yall r sayin... But I Did everything... I have Version 3.71 M33-3 N I Downloaded Da kernel 1.50 v2 N I put Da folder N Games Like stated N I also Have Da 1.50 Eboot N Da root of Da Memory card as well... n it still says "incorrect or inexistent 150.PBP at the root"... Wat Do I Do 4 Dis update 2 work??... PLz Help

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Hey I get wat yall r sayin... But I Did everything... I have Version 3.71 M33-3 N I Downloaded Da kernel 1.50 v2 N I put Da folder N Games Like stated N I also Have Da 1.50 Eboot N Da root of Da Memory card as well... n it still says "incorrect or inexistent 150.PBP at the root"... Wat Do I Do 4 Dis update 2 work??... PLz Help

If you are positive the 150.PBP is named correctly and is on the memory stick root, then there's only two possibilities:

The 150.PBP file you downloaded is corrupted, try re-downloading it.

or

You have a faulty / corrupted memory stick. Try formatting.

jessica

great, these custom firmwares are awesome, DAX is a legend.
aldercy

EDIT by Acerthief: Advertising on every post.

reandaya

hi all

i just downloaded the file 3.71 M33-2 Update however is hows 3.80-2 instead. i put it on my psp and it still show the same file name. please advice

marty1678

this seems to be a great place to get answers so here goes. i have version 3.71 m33-2 on a fat psp. downloaded everything (even the kernal version 2) placed it in the root but i dont know how to use or access it. kinda new to this sry.

Acerthief

this seems to be a great place to get answers so here goes. i have version 3.71 m33-2 on a fat psp. downloaded everything (even the kernal version 2) placed it in the root but i dont know how to use or access it. kinda new to this sry.

np mate, everyone starts without knowing everything.

After you throw everything into the memory stick, go to "Game" -> "Memory Stick" on your XMB (Main Screen on the PSP) choose it and you'll see the installer. :D

marty1678

i did this and it told me that the file was corrupt.do i need to put the kernal in 100mnv01 or 101anv01? I have the daedalus folder in games150 folder and my game (v64 file) is in the daedalus folder in the roms folder(with says put games here) all i can think of is the game is bad....please help and thanx very much!!

marty1678

oah and what is winrar? thats probably the prob. huh? can some one explaine a little about this or post a link. i was able to get the cso and iso games to run from my memory stick with out magic gate so i know i can get this