• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

FIFA World Cup 2010

TeamOverload

Mere minutes away from the opening kickoff of the tournament, with the first game between host nation South Africa and Mexico. Who is everyone's favorite to win? First World Cup ever on the South African continent, shame that Mandela isn't in attendance to witness the occasion due to the death of a relative in a car accident last night.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
I'm watching South Africa x Mexico.

not a bad game, but there will be much better.

TeamOverload

Yeah, I wasn't really all that excited for this game, save for the fact that I wanted to see how South Africa would play it's home opener. So far, they're playing very sloppy, lucky indeed to have kept this game tied so far, especially with that questionable offsides call off the Mexican corner kick.

Dan

Contributor
Haha, we're so gonna lose. I remember last time we had this much hype, we got kicked out fairly early.

Scorned

Spain has the best team going into the World Cup, Brazil coming in second.

Personally, I'd like the US to go far, but we'll see how that fares.

Robby

Los Doyers!
I'm going for USA. Gonna beat England tomorrow :)

I wanted Mexico to win today but eh.

Moose

Meta Moose
It would be nice to see England win, but when it comes down to it I'm not really bothered. Last World Cup I only watched the last match and supported whoever I felt I liked at the time.

TeamOverload

I wanted Mexico to win today but eh.

That's some wishful thinking :)

No idea how this France - Uruguay game is tied at half. France was completely in charge of possession and had Uruguay on their backs the entire half. Hopefully, they can get one through second half. Would be a shame for them to lose or even draw at this point.

Spiros

Maiki
Saw the opener, South Africa were super sloppy in that first half, it was a good match overall, just too bad that last chance South Africa had hit the post, would've been nice to see them win the opener, but they should be happy with 1-1, after all the chances Mexico had.

France should've got it done, especially when Uruguay went down to 10 men. Henry's free kick in the final seconds was weak aswell.

That's some wishful thinking :)
Definitely wishful(maybe delusional?) thinking, I'll be supporting England tomorrow, only because my girlfriends from the UK, but yeah all I see is an England win. Also can't wait for the Greece v South Korea match, I'm in Greece at the moment so if we win everyone will probably go a little crazy.

Joey

Yeah, I wasn't really all that excited for this game, save for the fact that I wanted to see how South Africa would play it's home opener. So far, they're playing very sloppy, lucky indeed to have kept this game tied so far, especially with that questionable offsides call off the Mexican corner kick.

What was questionable about it?

Spiros

Maiki

I was confused about it aswell, until the commentator explained it; I thought I understood the offside rule completely, but didn't know you couldn't pass to a player thats ahead of the opposing goalkeeper even if there's an opposing player ahead of him. So, I think most people(me aswell) saw the South African player on the line and thought how could that be offside?

BlackSheep

Im rooting for Mexico, England, and Spain. (Mexico) mostly
You guys are crazy saying South Africa is playing sloppy there the worst team in the cup im surprised they tied. but any how all games were ties today.
And Holland is so beasty

TeamOverload

I was confused about it aswell, until the commentator explained it; I thought I understood the offside rule completely, but didn't know you couldn't pass to a player thats ahead of the opposing goalkeeper even if there's an opposing player ahead of him. So, I think most people(me aswell) saw the South African player on the line and thought how could that be offside?
^^This. It didn't help that the commentators seemed confused by it as well at first.

Joey

It's America and Italy for me. I've had my problems with my home country politically, but Jozy Altidore, Landon Donovan, and Charlie Davies is my guys (it's a damn shame what happened to Davies)... And Italy because that's that part of my ancestry I'm cool with (Germany, you know what you did).

Honestly though, I just want to watch as many matches as possible. I'm really getting into this sport. I used to find it hard to watch games I didn't have a rooting interest in (so basically, any non-USA international team matches). But now I understand the sport a little more, and I'm really starting to love it. If it wasn't for the fucking flopping, it would probably be my second favorite sport (and it's very close to being my favorite, because the officiating in the NBA the last three years has been fucking awful... I didn't even watch last year after what happened in the 2008 playoffs).

I started watching the players with out the ball, and it's really made the game a lot more exciting. It's helped me understand the flow of the game, and how it works. I had a ton of fun watching South Africa and Mexico, even though I didn't really care who one (even though I kinda like both teams).

There's also something facinating about watching France, a team that is very clearly talented, play so terribly because they all fucking hate each other.

It's a damn shame the World Cup only comes around once every four years. I'm not sure who I want to make my league play teams, but I think I'm gonna make it Everton (Because of Tim Howard and Donovan) and the L.A. Galaxy (Donovan), and try to follow them through out the rest of the year. I'm really digging this sport too much not to follow it but once every four years... I totally get it now :D

BTW, it's 2:30 AM here in Las Vegas, and I'm up to watch South Korea and Greece in a couple hours. I'm a fiend I tells ya.

eldiablov

Contributor
I plan to watch every match in this tournament.

It was a great opening goal from South Africa, I was hoping they'd win. Uruguay vs France was honestly a terrible game, the French should have wrapped it up in the last ten minutes.

It goes without saying that I'm rooting for England and I'm pretty confident they'll do what needs to be done today :)

Also looking forward to Argentina vs Nigeria, should have a few goals in it.

TeamOverload

It's America and Italy for me. I've had my problems with my home country politically, but Jozy Altidore, Landon Donovan, and Charlie Davies is my guys (it's a damn shame what happened to Davies)... And Italy because that's that part of my ancestry I'm cool with (Germany, you know what you did).

Honestly though, I just want to watch as many matches as possible. I'm really getting into this sport. I used to find it hard to watch games I didn't have a rooting interest in (so basically, any non-USA international team matches). But now I understand the sport a little more, and I'm really starting to love it. If it wasn't for the fucking flopping, it would probably be my second favorite sport (and it's very close to being my favorite, because the officiating in the NBA the last three years has been fucking awful... I didn't even watch last year after what happened in the 2008 playoffs).

I started watching the players with out the ball, and it's really made the game a lot more exciting. It's helped me understand the flow of the game, and how it works. I had a ton of fun watching South Africa and Mexico, even though I didn't really care who one (even though I kinda like both teams).

There's also something facinating about watching France, a team that is very clearly talented, play so terribly because they all fucking hate each other.

It's a damn shame the World Cup only comes around once every four years. I'm not sure who I want to make my league play teams, but I think I'm gonna make it Everton (Because of Tim Howard and Donovan) and the L.A. Galaxy (Donovan), and try to follow them through out the rest of the year. I'm really digging this sport too much not to follow it but once every four years... I totally get it now :D

BTW, it's 2:30 AM here in Las Vegas, and I'm up to watch South Korea and Greece in a couple hours. I'm a fiend I tells ya.
I forced myself awake as well, even though it's my least anticipated game of the day, but I still wanted to watch it. And on a slightly off-topic but still related note, my girlfriend surprised me by picking up FIFA World Cup 10 yesterday, because she knew I was really excited for the tourney :D