• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

FIFA World Cup 2010

Dan

Contributor
Spain's team this year is pretty beastly. There's no doubt they're getting far. I've had a change of heart actually, I think England are going to go pretty far this tournament. Edit: 20:30 it is tonight btw.

France played fairly sloppy, I was quite disappointed.

Nero

Mmmm...cookies
England or USA?

Too bad i cant watch most of these games, i have exams coming up soon.

eldiablov

Contributor
South Korea ripped Greece apart, they played awfully. If South Korea can overcome Nigeria they should pretty comfortably get past the group stages.

Spiros

Maiki
South Korea ripped Greece apart, they played awfully. If South Korea can overcome Nigeria they should pretty comfortably get past the group stages.

Yeah, I'm pretty disappointed with Greece's performance, had quite a few chances in that second half, though too many long balls into the box hoping someone would just get onto the end of it. I'm not ruling Greece out just yet though, I think Greece still has a chance to come out of the group stages.

Anyway England vs USA tonight, can't wait, I'll be working but it should be super fun as it's all brits on holiday that'll be in the restaurant, so it should be a good atmosphere.

Dan

Contributor
Anyway England vs USA tonight, can't wait, I'll be working but it should be super fun as it's all brits on holiday that'll be in the restaurant, so it should be a good atmosphere.

Brits with a supply to alcohol? I'd stay away.

Spiros

Maiki
Brits with a supply to alcohol? I'd stay away.

Lol, yeah they do have a tendency to get a little crazy when England's playing especially, but it's all super fun. I remember in 2006 when England played Portugal in the semi-final and it went to penalty kicks, the bar area was completely packed with brits shouting "C'MON ROBO!"

Nero

Mmmm...cookies
Yeah very messed up. My brother told me South Korea's match was pretty intense, i should of watched it. D:

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
Yeah very messed up. My brother told me South Korea's match was pretty intense, i should of watched it. D:

It was... they crushed Greece like it was nothing!

eldiablov

Contributor
We practically ran the game and yet again didn't make the most of our chances, good old England >.> Though 1 point is better than none.

Also looks like Ledley King's knee injury may have got the better of him yet again, after all the times he said he could play a 90 minute game.

eldiablov

Contributor
This is clearly the fault of David Cameron.

Gordon Brown would have lead us to victory imo.

I mean, just look at this man:
_40841096_brown_pa_smiling203.jpg

Joey

The US looks infinitely better than they did in 2006, but I'm still concerned that we got another lucky goal (as I remember back to the own goal in our 1-1 tie with Italy).

Still, they look way better so far.

Spiros

Maiki
Wasn't able to watch the entire England-USA match, from what I did see though, England looked really strong, just poor finishing at times, Gerrard's goal in the 4th minute was nice, very composed, definitely looked like there were more to come, certainly didn't see a 1-all draw happening, The U.S. were very lucky to get that result, IMO.

Joey

Wasn't able to watch the entire England-USA match, from what I did see though, England looked really strong, just poor finishing at times, Gerrard's goal in the 4th minute was nice, very composed, definitely looked like there were more to come, certainly didn't see a 1-all draw happening, The U.S. were very lucky to get that result, IMO.
lucky to get the goal, but not really lucky to get that result, if that makes sense. I think they play a pretty even match. England had way more opportunities, but the US had more quality ones.

I was overall pretty entertaining. If the US doesn't get out of the group stage, something went severely wrong.