• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

General PSVita Discussion

slicer4ever

Coding random shit
i'm debating to get one, i enjoyed the psp, but i find myself not playing as many games these days, i just don't know if it's really worth it for me any longer.

ultimakillz

Teh Fett Mawn
So is anyone else here besides me picking up a Vita on launch?
i'm picking up one as well: wifi version, and i decided to grab ultimate marvel vs. capcom 3 with it, but i'll be grabbing wipeout too probably.

Apparently amazon.ca has broken the street date, even for the wifi model, I can only hope US amazon does the same

I'm a bit upset that Sony won't be supporting all PSN PSP titles right away though. I've been able to deal with/understand the moving to a new memory stick format, no UMD passport program, and all of that. But this is a bit upsetting. I was counting on playing my games from when I had my PSP Go, but it seems like that won't be happening. No Peace Walker, no Field Commander, no Fight Night, no GTA: VCS; all the games that I've been dieing to play since I sold my PSP Go for the Vita last month. The only psp game I have that's supported is Metal Slug Anthology. It has me a bit ticked off. I'll still be picking it up. But honestly, it's a bit ridiculous that there has to be yet another waiting period for my games; and even then there's no guarantee that my games will show up any time soon. Hence why I hate this whole going digital thing, no promise of support; and if you aren't supported, well your SOL because there's no reselling that now obsolete game.

UPDATE:
Went by gamestop today, after playing with the Vita for a little bit. The guy behind the desk told me they were already selling accessories. So I picked up my carrying case and headset, and amazon has just shipped my 32GB card which I'll be able to get a hold of Monday (2 days before official release!) now I just need them to ship my Vita already! Hopefully they'll ship it to me early too.

Also after playing escape plan, I'll probably be getting that instead of superstar dust. Escape Plan just seems like a really great idea, and will be a nice change of place from all the recent shooters. Not to mention it looks absolutely GORGEOUS.

nice, good to know I'm not alone for being a day one adapter. Though I get why people would wait. i just can't wait any longer, I'be already been waiting for over 8 months. 8 LOOOONNNGG months. Had it preoreded since E3, as soon as amazon put it up.

football

Ugh,

I'm trying to figure out my day one purchases. It's so tempting to buy everything. I'm thinking ModNation Racers, Hot Shot's Golf, Uncharted, Rayman, 8gig Card, Virtua Tennis 4, and Headphones.

I want Wipeout and that little stand thing as well but I might hold up on those to save some cash for my social life.

football

Nice to see you Abe. It does sound expensive, however, the system bundle and Modnation Racers have already been paid for plus I have a 50$ gift card. I am also in a unique financial situation and can afford to spend a little extra right now.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
Nice to see you Abe. It does sound expensive, however, the system bundle and Modnation Racers have already been paid for plus I have a 50$ gift card. I am also in a unique financial situation and can afford to spend a little extra right now.

I wish I was you :(

Why are you interested in Hot Shots Golf and Virtua Tennis? Their experience on the Vita is hardly any different than previous versions of the series and doesn't warrant a purchase on the Vita in my own opinion. I would wait until those titles go down in price at least since they are most likely going to drop at least $10 in the upcoming months following release (more likely than other titles that is).

PS: Good to see ya football!

football

Good to see you too Frozen,

I'm a sucker for Hot Shots golf so that will be a safe purchase for me for sure. You manged to get me second guessing my decision to get Virtua Tennis though. As for games that show off the unique features of the vita I am interested in the Escape Plan and if that were out for digital distribution on day one I would most likely grab that along with Super Stardust Delta instead. Does anyone know exactly when it will be available?

Also another factor is that reviews from North American sources are coming out soon. I know IGN should have some up tomorrow and I'm sure others will as well. I don't invest too heavily in reviews but it is something I will take into consideration. Nothing is in stone until Wednesday so any suggestions in games to look further into would be more than welcome. :D

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
Good to see you too Frozen,

I'm a sucker for Hot Shots golf so that will be a safe purchase for me for sure. You manged to get me second guessing my decision to get Virtua Tennis though. As for games that show off the unique features of the vita I am interested in the Escape Plan and if that were out for digital distribution on day one I would most likely grab that along with Super Stardust Delta instead. Does anyone know exactly when it will be available?

Also another factor is that reviews from North American sources are coming out soon. I know IGN should have some up tomorrow and I'm sure others will as well. I don't invest too heavily in reviews but it is something I will take into consideration. Nothing is in stone until Wednesday so any suggestions in games to look further into would be more than welcome. :D

You've got pretty much all the major games on your wishlist (also a lot of titles are still without a launch date. One title I would recommend, which isn't coming out until June I think is Little Big Planet. If you enjoyed it on the PlayStation 3 at all then it will definitely suit you well.

If any of you are on the fence about getting the headphones. Let me be the first to tell you, get them. I've been able to have some time with them, and they have blown me away. They do an amazing job of cancelling outside noise and delivering great sound. Really impressive, especially for only $20

football

That's good to hear. $20 is very reasonable for head phones if they are a decent quality. Which games are you getting Raider?

Probably just escape plan right off the bat. Had a chance to play it and it really intrigued me. I've had a ton of psp games that I've really wanted to play again; but haven't been able to since I sold my psp go for my vita a while back. So the combination of those two, along with the 3 AR game freebies, will probably hold me over until the 6th, that's when Unit 13 comes out, which I've really been looking forward to. But I have been a bit interested in little deviants, just so that I can have a game where I can try out all the new input features of the vita (touch screen, touch pad, gyro, A.R., etc.). I'll probably hold off on uncharted too, until a little down the line when I can pick it up used for a decent price.

If there's one thing I've learned after reading all these reviews. It's don't take the reviewers ratings into account so heavily; if the game looks appealing to you, try it out. Some of my favorite games are carp in terms of rating, and vice versa.

football

Destructoid's review of Modnation Racers was pretty critical but there have been a couple positive reviews and plenty of mixed reviews as well. I'm not really expecting it to be the best game of the series so I'm sure I will enjoy it. So far Uncharted and Wipeout have 15+ reviews on Metacritic and are sitting at 79% which isn't too bad, Of course that will be changing soon with more reviews. Can't wait for Wednesday

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Uncharted isn't worth the $50 asking price if you ask me. The forced touch screen controls were really offputting and it's not as polished as the console titles. At $40 it'd be a better buy.

I've been playing Super Stardust Delta lately. Great game, the arcade style action is perfect for a portable too.