• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

General PSVita Discussion

IGN just uploaded their review for Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack giving it a 9.0 and calling it one of the best launch titles. This might be one to keep an eye on since it's supposed to retail at 7.99 in the PlayStation Store. Also Metacritic started getting Unit 13 and Ninja Gaiden reviews in.

Also Unit 13 demo is up on Tuesday :D
YES YES YES YES YES!!!!!! That is the main reason I'm getting a Vita, up until the 6th, it'll be all demos and my PSP games until then. Maybe Escape Plan, and maybe even TS: MBA just because it got such a good rating. So excited about Unit 13 demo though

football

It's hard for me to say about the speaker because i don't really have anything to compare it too, I find it's loud enough for my needs but I don't really play anywhere with too much background noise. On that subject though they a speaker stand that is coming out in march, I really dislike the music player on the vita though.

PR0fessor Burnt

I'm trying to decide to whether to get Rayman or MvC3 when I pick up my Vita. Has anyone played either of them? I Would love some input to help me decided :p

Heads up to everyone, if you order your Vita (wifi) through amazon, you can get a free 4GB card. Just add both to your cart and at checkout they will subtract the cost of the memory card.

football

Burnt,
I have Rayman and it's really good. I haven't played the console version but from what I gather it's almost the exact same minus the multiplayer stuff. I'm pretty happy with it but I also really want to try MvC3 as well, if you get it let me know how it is.

Nice find Raider, you must be pretty damn excited now that there is only a day or two left out of the 8 months you've been waiting.

Oh yes, I am very very excited. I just hope my mail room at college processes the shipment when it comes in fast enough so I can use it. Usually it takes a day once things arrive until I can pick it up -__-, kind of sucks, so I might not get it until Thursday. But whatever.

Sweet thing is though, that since I had already finished paying of my Vita/ had it preordered since June, Amazon was nice enough to just give me $20 in promotional credit. That's since I missed out on their promotion. I'll probably put it towards Unit 13, but I might just get another game for the Vita, I think Little Deviants could be worth the $10

football

Little Deviants got old for me fast but it does show off the new features pretty well. I'm waiting very anxiously for the store update now, I really hope the AR Apps, Facebook and Netflix are included but I'm also interested in Hustle Kings, Tales From Space: Mutant Blobs Attack and the free demos :D

LocutusEstBorg

The Vita is launching here any day now in February but there no way I'm paying $600 for the hardware and then $40 per game. I have a no-game-purchase policy on all my consoles. When original PC games cost $8-$18 I'm not paying 5x the cost for a castrated console game.

Little Deviants got old for me fast but it does show off the new features pretty well. I'm waiting very anxiously for the store update now, I really hope the AR Apps, Facebook and Netflix are included but I'm also interested in Hustle Kings, Tales From Space: Mutant Blobs Attack and the free demos :D

Don't know if you have tried the Unit 13 demo yet, but if you have do you know if there is a portion of the demo for coop?

slicer4ever

Coding random shit
so, i picked up the vita last night at wally world, and they didn't have any memory cards in at the time(not even in the back, or so i was told anyways). so i figured i could still play the games, even if i couldn't save.

long story short: buy a memory card if you want to even think about playing a game.

Robby

Los Doyers!
So I ended up getting a Vita, right now it's updating but man does this thing look sweet.
Got a 8GB card and Uncharted to go along with it. I need to get a case for it though, forgot to pick one up. Going to be playing this bad boy during my breaks and lunches.

Looks like Ill be getting Unit 13 for free :D (Courtesy of Amazon)! Looks like ill be finally getting my Vita in about 10 minutes! After 8.5 months of waiting (preordered June 9), my wait will finally be overr. *Sheds tear of happiness for reaching the end of a long long journey*

football

Glad to see more people are grabbing it. I haven't played the Unit 13 demo yet. Long story short, I started a new contract a few days ago and the accommodations they gave us is sharing the internet with the office so downloading is incredibly slow, as in I've only been able to download 132mb all day. I'm hoping when my co-worker brings his PS3 that it'll be faster plugged in to the router. Does anyone know if the vita pauses the download during inactive periods?

Not sure if it pauses, I do know that when the screen turns off, the update kept downloading, so I'd assume that it continues downloading unless it is powered down completely (obviously).

slicer4ever

Coding random shit
Glad to see more people are grabbing it. I haven't played the Unit 13 demo yet. Long story short, I started a new contract a few days ago and the accommodations they gave us is sharing the internet with the office so downloading is incredibly slow, as in I've only been able to download 132mb all day. I'm hoping when my co-worker brings his PS3 that it'll be faster plugged in to the router. Does anyone know if the vita pauses the download during inactive periods?
damn man, where do you work that you can bring your vita, and ps3 to work?

football

It's an outdoor education and adventure facility in the middle of no where so they provide our apartments and expenses such as internet, TV, food ect. on top of our salary. We don't play when we're working but since we live above the offices there are lot's of opportunities to play 30 minutes here and there throughout the day, as long as our work gets done and the clients are happy. I probably wouldn't have bought the Vita if I wasn't working here because it's absolutely perfect for the traveling part of the job.

Robby

Los Doyers!
My vita kept downloading a game I purchased off PSN when the screen went off.

football

Thanks Robby, I appreciate the answer.

Has anyone ever used a Visa Gift card on the PSN? I was given one for Christmas and forgot all about it until just now. It's a Vanilla card so it is not one of those ones that you register.