• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Halo: Reach

TeamOverload

I am in love with Arena. So simple, and not really anything revolutionary, but I'm just having a blast with it nonetheless.

My only gripe is that Pro gametypes seem to never get picked. Regular Team Slayer is the only one that everyone ever chooses, not sure if it's because it tends to be the default or what, but I'd like a tad bit more variety, especially for something that's meant to be all about competition.

El Xando

"Dam whippersnapper"
I am in love with Arena. So simple, and not really anything revolutionary, but I'm just having a blast with it nonetheless.

My only gripe is that Pro gametypes seem to never get picked. Regular Team Slayer is the only one that everyone ever chooses, not sure if it's because it tends to be the default or what, but I'd like a tad bit more variety, especially for something that's meant to be all about competition.

Yeah, I think it's stupid how your vote automatically goes to the first, when the first is usually the least favourable. It means people who aren't there or just plain lazy people don't change their vote :/

TeamOverload

Yeah that's something I would like to see changed, but I'm not sure what the solution would be. Just pick a random one in the case of a tie, because a revote wouldn't help much, as it usually ends up being a 4-4 tie from what I've seen.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
Well it's not really any different than the veto system used in Halo 3. If you weren't there to veto the map then the map chosen will stay. This is just a more advanced "veto" system, so you really shouldn't look at it as having 3 options going into it

El Xando

"Dam whippersnapper"
Yeah that's something I would like to see changed, but I'm not sure what the solution would be. Just pick a random one in the case of a tie, because a revote wouldn't help much, as it usually ends up being a 4-4 tie from what I've seen.

It should just have 0 on everything when you join. And whenever it's a 4-4 tie it ALWAYS picks the top one doesn't it...

Pokemanz master

Lowering your IQ
23/40 w/l
I'm doing pretty good in w/l so far.
I won most my games last night.

TeamOverload

It should just have 0 on everything when you join. And whenever it's a 4-4 tie it ALWAYS picks the top one doesn't it...

Yes it does, but I get what you're saying. I see where others are coming from though with the top choice being the default map and game type, but it would still be nice to see your suggestion implemented. If only.

El Xando

"Dam whippersnapper"
[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFyGmRRKPqI[/YT]
:D

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
I hate playing Arena, it always ends up being a Slayer Pro game and I hate Slayer Pro (MLG). I want to play with the new power-ups, not have everyone start out with a DMR (then it just becomes a battle of who can land the most headshots first). I also hate not having a radar, I use it to trick people and determine the positions of the enemies. I find myself running around too often in Slayer Pro looking for people rather than sitting in once place waiting for them to come.

I don't mind playing Slayer Pro once and a while, but about 90% of the games I played this morning were Slayer Pro. It's a more challenging variant but I'm just not landing shots like I should be. In Halo 3 I was able to land headshots nearly 90% of the time, now I can hardly hit the head....need to look into my sensitivity and adjust that.

I enjoy however playing Grab Bag with some friends, we're really good at objective-based games and it's just enjoyable, a lot less stressful.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
I hate playing Arena, it always ends up being a Slayer Pro game and I hate Slayer Pro (MLG). I want to play with the new power-ups, not have everyone start out with a DMR (then it just becomes a battle of who can land the most headshots first).[HIGHLIGHT] I also hate not having a radar, I use it to trick people and determine the positions of the enemies. I find myself running around too often in Slayer Pro looking for people rather than sitting in once place waiting for them to come.[/HIGHLIGHT]

I don't mind playing Slayer Pro once and a while, but about 90% of the games I played this morning were Slayer Pro. It's a more challenging variant but I'm just not landing shots like I should be. In Halo 3 I was able to land headshots nearly 90% of the time, now I can hardly hit the head....need to look into my sensitivity and adjust that.

I enjoy however playing Grab Bag with some friends, we're really good at objective-based games and it's just enjoyable, a lot less stressful.

You are such a camping baby.:blushing:

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
You are such a camping baby.:blushing:

I don't camp much in Halo, it's really difficult to do so unless you like waiting for a long time for someone to come around. Also you can't afford to camp in Arena since you won't be gaining any ranking points by not doing anything, so the Arena discouraged camping in a sense (although it is smart, and crucial to have the enemy come to you rather than you go to the enemy).

When playing regular slayer variants I get a rating of 1600+ generally, with Slayer Pro it's usually high 1400's to 1500's.

On another note: the melee system needs some work. I'm fine with the new way they register damage (two melees kill, one takes down shields, the other his health. You can't kill someone who has any shield up with one attack). However I find myself assassinating a guy and the attack not registering (has caused me to die several times) or when I double beat someone down and I get my melee off first but they kill me as well without getting their's off fully. There are also times where someone melees me and they kill themselves....they need to fix that (happens to me a lot as well).

El Xando

"Dam whippersnapper"
I hate playing Arena, it always ends up being a Slayer Pro game and I hate Slayer Pro (MLG). I want to play with the new power-ups, not have everyone start out with a DMR (then it just becomes a battle of who can land the most headshots first). I also hate not having a radar, I use it to trick people and determine the positions of the enemies. I find myself running around too often in Slayer Pro looking for people rather than sitting in once place waiting for them to come.

Hehe, my bad for making you play Arena and always pick Slayer Pro xD
It's just my favourite gametype :)
I see your point though.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
Hehe, my bad for making you play Arena and always pick Slayer Pro xD
It's just my favourite gametype :)
I see your point though.

Nah, I don't mind playing it with you guys since you make up for my dislike for the type. I found near the end of our matches that I did better with the needle rifle than the DMR so I'm starting to use that more often. I don't mind playing Slayer Pro with people in a party, but with randoms they are unpredictable and it's just a lot more difficult.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
Campy McCampington said:
I don't camp much in Halo, it's really difficult to do so unless you like waiting for a long time for someone to come around. Also you can't afford to camp in Arena since you won't be gaining any ranking points by not doing anything, so the Arena discouraged camping in a sense (although it is smart, and crucial to have the enemy come to you rather than you go to the enemy).

When playing regular slayer variants I get a rating of 1600+ generally, with Slayer Pro it's usually high 1400's to 1500's.

On another note: the melee system needs some work. I'm fine with the new way they register damage (two melees kill, one takes down shields, the other his health. You can't kill someone who has any shield up with one attack). However I find myself assassinating a guy and the attack not registering (has caused me to die several times) or when I double beat someone down and I get my melee off first but they kill me as well without getting their's off fully. There are also times where someone melees me and they kill themselves....they need to fix that (happens to me a lot as well).

Sure buddy.

El Xando

"Dam whippersnapper"
Nah, I don't mind playing it with you guys since you make up for my dislike for the type. I found near the end of our matches that I did better with the needle rifle than the DMR so I'm starting to use that more often. I don't mind playing Slayer Pro with people in a party, but with randoms they are unpredictable and it's just a lot more difficult.

Well I hate regular Slayer and Slayer Classic. Assault rifles are horrible, especially in conjunction with the new melee system. Grenades are also overpowered at the moment, should take off shields max, not take off all your health too!
I agree it is harder to headshot people in this game. Magnum needs 2-3 more bullets a clip.

PR0fessor Burnt

Well I hate regular Slayer and Slayer Classic. Assault rifles are horrible, especially in conjunction with the new melee system. Grenades are also overpowered at the moment, should take off shields max, not take off all your health too!
I agree it is harder to headshot people in this game. Magnum needs 2-3 more bullets a clip.

I dont find the grenades over powered at all. its 2 grenades to kill a person same as always....

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team

Yeah, they changed the way that grenades spread their damage so the radius seems bigger but they also seem to be much more deadly than ever before. I'm finding myself dying on the very edge of an explosion where it really shouldn't kill me.

I've found that the assault rifle is only good in close quarters, around corners. I've used it a few times but mainly stick with the pistol since it has superior range and can take down anyone using an AR at a decent range. The AR is still useful, but only in close combat situations. I just like regular Slayer because of the armor abilities, really adds an entirely new dimension to the game.

El Xando

"Dam whippersnapper"
Yeah, they changed the way that grenades spread their damage so the radius seems bigger but they also seem to be much more deadly than ever before. I'm finding myself dying on the very edge of an explosion where it really shouldn't kill me.

I've found that the assault rifle is only good in close quarters, around corners. I've used it a few times but mainly stick with the pistol since it has superior range and can take down anyone using an AR at a decent range. The AR is still useful, but only in close combat situations. I just like regular Slayer because of the armor abilities, really adds an entirely new dimension to the game.

True, but the only one I like apart from sprint is jetpack. So is Slayer Pro had sprint and jetpack, it'd be so awesome :p

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
True, but the only one I like apart from sprint is jetpack. So is Slayer Pro had sprint and jetpack, it'd be so awesome :p

I love Stalker, but only on Sword Base since there are a lot of corners and it's an enclosed level. There's just not enough cover in Powerhouse for my liking...and yes Abe, that means "camping locations" in your language.