• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

How many lines of code do you do in one sitting?

A_Nub

Developer
_media_catalog_product_cache_3_image_5e06319eda06f020e43594a9c230972d_m_a_massquan_blk_il_258.jpg

I do OVER 9000!

Hellcat

Contributor
9k lines of code in a row w/o break? Or do you define "In one sitting".... In one "sitting" I do a huge pile of.... OK, that's TOO offtopic ;)

Nah, seriously, as I am mostly coding for fun / as hobby, during one.... "sitting", session, whatever, it's sometimes a few hundred, sometimes only two and sometimes not even one *lol*
Depends.... on mood, time, motivation for the project....

If I have a whole day available to code (happens VERY rarely :() and I really feel like spending that day with coding I can break the 1k mark, yeah....

However, quallity > quantitty :p

A_Nub

Developer
Hehe, Yeah On a good sitting I manage around 350. On an all day. Hmm havent tried that yet. And yes, quality > quantity.

Once I wrote 100,000 lines, then I discovered loops.

Lachrymose

smokeMeth();
Once I wrote 100,000 lines, then I discovered loops.

LOL, reminds me of the first week of c++.

It all really depends what im developing. Lately, with OpenGL, it has been significantly more. Actually it depends on the day. Sometimes nothing will work I I will end up erasing everything I did that day. Anywheres from 0 - 250. 1 sitting = 30 - 2 hours.

LocutusEstBorg

When I start something I code non-stop day and night without sleep or food until the first working binary is ready. Easily 2-3k+ lines.

Gutya

i code in big bursts, i'll code none stop for like a whole weekend and then not code again for weeks or even months. it's not very efficient but i don't care.

MenaceInc

Staff Member
i code in big bursts, i'll code none stop for like a whole weekend and then not code again for weeks or even months. it's not very efficient but i don't care.

I'm the same. Dam RL getting in the way

Crank

Crank it up!
I'm the same. Dam RL getting in the way

Otherwise the same, but it's not real life which gets in the way. Other interests mostly.

A_Nub

Developer
Ohh btw, that image has been my desktop since I started this thread. Ohh and a normal Day consists of me waking up, around 12, from a late night of coding, to walk around the house in my wool socks and tightie whities and super small shit undershirt. I slowly stumble down the stairs to poor a rather large bowl of capin' crunch, I then procede to carry and eat out of the bowl as I head upstairs to my "Lair" I then will sit infront of the keyboard, for the duration of my meal, while catching up on the latest geek news and facebook's. Shortly after I run to the bathroom. After that I begin to code untill about 3 or 4, which I then stop to eat a turkey, cheese, mustard, pepper panini, along with a Arizona Rasberry Ice Tea, thus returning to my "Lair", to continue my coding. By the end of the night around 3-4am I call it quits. I generally get about 10 lines done all day. I forgot to metion, I listen to the song Code Monkey about 12.7649 times a day.

Ragnarok

i did around 600 lines in one sitting the day before the last day of submissions for my school C++ project.

LocutusEstBorg

i did around 600 lines in one sitting the day before the last day of submissions for my school C++ project.

I wish computer science courses here were like that. EVERY SINGLE person in my class except me would have flunked out or dropped out due to their incompetence and general cluelessness about what a programming language is. And they are more "eligible" for a job than me because of their higher grades since examinations are a test of memorizing badly written books and even the teachers know nothing about the subject. Its such a joke.

Freshmilk

is Over 9000
With me it greatly depends on the complexity of what I'm writing. Sometimes, I can sit here for hours and only write 30 or 40 lines of code. Other times, I can write about 200 in 60 minutes. I'd say an average session for me is about 4 hours, in which I'd expect to manage as much as 400 lines. :)