• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

I was just diagnosed with HADD(ADHD)

Serideth

Never in my life have I been so happy to be told I'm ill. Throughout my life I have started so many things (even on this site) and just burnt out. I was given excitalopram (a new drug) which should start to kick in in a couple of weeks and will life my depression as well as improve my motivation and concentration (I'll be taking it daily).

I have known there was something wrong for years in my life and never bothered to look into it properly, pro-tip - if you think theres something wrong get it sorted. I guess I'll update this thread if it works.

24th 2:30pm is my next check up

Freshmilk

is Over 9000
When I saw the thread title, it just read 'I was just diagnosed with...', by Serideth. I nearly shit myself. :scared: But having read it, I suppose in a sense, it's good to hear that, dude. :tup: I mean, it's not nice to be diagnosed with anything, but it's a good thing that this has been spotted. Now you can be offered help and attention when, or if you need it. Good luck with the drug, and your next check-up. I hope things get a little easier for you now. :)

Serideth

Thanks man, to be honest things can only get better from here, I'm a bit bummed that I won't be able to drink any more but meh.

NoEffex

Seth's On A Boat.
Grats man, I know how you feel, sorta. I've (Well, had) been a bit off the past year (More moody, almost to the point of reclusion) but as it turns out I had some sort of internal infection, two ear infections, and a sinus infection that were causing it (Oh, and I'm also just enough allergic to wheat, which I guess caused inflammation which in turn caused things to happen, which triggered the infections), so I cut wheat out as much as possible and I've gotten the infections taken care of, and I feel way better, I was getting worried that I was growing into my adult self which was not good.

Serideth

Grats man, I know how you feel, sorta. I've (Well, had) been a bit off the past year (More moody, almost to the point of reclusion) but as it turns out I had some sort of internal infection, two ear infections, and a sinus infection that were causing it (Oh, and I'm also just enough allergic to wheat, which I guess caused inflammation which in turn caused things to happen, which triggered the infections), so I cut wheat out as much as possible and I've gotten the infections taken care of, and I feel way better, I was getting worried that I was growing into my adult self which was not good.

Man that's pretty horrible, I get a lot of chest infections which tend to spread to my ears as well but they don't last long. Out of interest did the ear infections impair your hearing?

NoEffex

Seth's On A Boat.
Man that's pretty horrible, I get a lot of chest infections which tend to spread to my ears as well but they don't last long. Out of interest did the ear infections impair your hearing?

Nope. Given another week though, it would have had a 90% chance of perforating my ear drum. It was RIGHT before the ear drum and what not.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
That diagnostic sounds like a good-bad one.

At least something positive as come out of it :p Congrats and good luck man ;)

explosions

I get (what appear to be) sinus infections every time it gets cold. The past 2 Christmas breaks and the past spring break were absolutely miserable for me.

@Serideth: ADHD medication is one hell of a drug. I hope it helps you more than it hurts.

FreePlay

Hey, me too. About 20 years ago.

Ritalin stunted my growth and stole my memories. Not even kidding. The year I stopped taking ritalin, I grew over eight inches, and since then I've realized that I have nothing but incredibly vague memories of the part of my childhood I spent under the drug (which was about age 7 to age 14).

I don't take anything anymore. I just deal with it in my own way.

NoEffex

Seth's On A Boat.
I get (what appear to be) sinus infections every time it gets cold. The past 2 Christmas breaks and the past spring break were absolutely miserable for me.

@Serideth: ADHD medication is one hell of a drug. I hope it helps you more than it hurts.

If the mucus isn't clear (or white/close to white) when it's dry, like if it's yellow, it's infected, so I learned. Also, if you bleed out the ear, it's infected (Not that I did until AFTER I was informed that it was one of the worst she's ever seen and she had no idea how the fuck I didn't notice).

but yeah Serideth, good luck. I've known a lot of people who've had to take ADHD meds and most of them hate it because it makes them feel like shit. If it doesn't do that for you though, then you're in good shape.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Hey, me too. About 20 years ago.

Ritalin stunted my growth and stole my memories. Not even kidding. The year I stopped taking ritalin, I grew over eight inches, and since then I've realized that I have nothing but incredibly vague memories of the part of my childhood I spent under the drug (which was about age 7 to age 14).

I don't take anything anymore. I just deal with it in my own way.

I was diagnosed with a mild case of ADHD at around age 7 and this was the reason my parents never put me on it. Glad they didn't.

explosions

If the mucus isn't clear (or white/close to white) when it's dry, like if it's yellow, it's infected, so I learned. Also, if you bleed out the ear, it's infected (Not that I did until AFTER I was informed that it was one of the worst she's ever seen and she had no idea how the fuck I didn't notice).

but yeah Serideth, good luck. I've known a lot of people who've had to take ADHD meds and most of them hate it because it makes them feel like shit. If it doesn't do that for you though, then you're in good shape.

I bleed out of my ear when I've been exercising. That and my thoughts are usually cloudy. I'm gonna get it checked out if it comes back.

I used to have to take Adderall, but I hated the way I felt when I did.

Serideth

I surprised so many people here (well two or three) disliked adhd meds, they seem to be all the rage with American college students.

Craig Fairfax

illuminati Vereran
I surprised so many people here (well two or three) disliked adhd meds, they seem to be all the rage with American college students.

I have two kinfolk with ADHD. I've taken Adderall before and I never felt better in my entire life. And I'm not talking about wasted either, I mean I felt really good, even my co-workers told me I seem unusually happy that day the only downside was I got dry mouth when it wore off.
Although they didn't help the person it was prescribed to at all.

Serideth

I have two kinfolk with ADHD. I've taken Adderall before and I never felt better in my entire life. And I'm not talking about wasted either, I mean I felt really good, even my co-workers told me I seem unusually happy that day the only downside was I got dry mouth when it wore off.
Although they didn't help the person it was prescribed to at all.

Yeah it really seems to be hit or miss hopefully I'll have a good reaction, I just want something that will make me focus more, I have tried everything and this seems to be me last option.

Sir_Axxewraith

cant fux widdit
Interesting..

I was diagnosed with it a few weeks back (maybe like a month and a half ago?) and I'd been contemplating the medical way of treating it. My friends talked me out of it and I've decided to just smoke weed more often to keep my hyperactivity down. Unfortunately I can't be stoned at school, so it still persists there. It helps me concentrate massively and I can't sleep comfortably without it or else I'm awake all night. In some aspects it sounds like I have more of a drug problem than a medical condition, but I genuinely see the positive side from it.