• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

"I watched this film today and I recommend/don't recommend it."

MenaceInc

Staff Member
Watched The Crow the other night for the millionth time. Still love it. Such an awesome film with a kickass soundtrack and some really well delivered dialogue from Brandon Lee. Pity he died from this, would of been great to see him in more films after.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
I played the fuck out of that soundtrack back in the day when it first came out. I think I had it on cassette.

Seth

MD Party Room
Watched The Crow the other night for the millionth time. Still love it. Such an awesome film with a kickass soundtrack and some really well delivered dialogue from Brandon Lee. Pity he died from this, would of been great to see him in more films after.

What you think of The Crow: City of Angels?

Riorio99

I love The Crow, need to buy the DVD at some point. Epic film, shame about Brandon.

OT: Toy Story 3. Awesome, not as good as Wall-E, but very emotional, especially if you've had an attachment to all these characters like I have (grew up on the Toy Story and Pixar films). Worth seeing, 3D was pointless to be honest.

UserUnknown

eXo's Resident Brony
Watched Repo! The Genetic Opera, for about the tenth time. Great movie. I'm really hesitant on watching Repo Men, though.

ilyace

Like x3 mentioned a few posts back, its not really a movie but I just finished season 4 of The Wire.

I can't even begin to explain how good this show is. The character development, acting, plot development, and everything else about this show is absolutely top notch. It's amazing how much attention to detail was put into the plot, and it's one of the few tv shows where I feel I really know a lot about certain characters and what they're going through (especially in s4). Seasons don't get progressively worse as many tv series tend to do, I'd have to say this 4th season has been the best I've seen thus far. I can't think of any other show that I'd be able to watch 7 episodes of back to back (each ep is an hour) without getting bored or frustrated with.

It's easily the best thing I've ever seen on tv and would highly recommend it to anybody here :)

Cryox

Bro.
Just got back from seeing Scott Pilgrim vs the World. Walked in expecting a garbage movie, walked out amazed. It was really funny for pretty much the whole movie. I would have rather gone to see something else, but it was my friends going away party, and he picked that. I recommend that you see it, there is a very good chance you'll enjoy it. The humor can be kinda cheesy, but it's executed well IMO.

Spiros

Maiki
I've been in Dublin the last few days and after walking around all day, my girlfriend and I were happy just to relax in the room and watch a movie so we've actually seen quite a few considering I haven't sat down and watched a movie all summer. In the last few days we've seen 3:

Valentines Day was really good, obviously it was my girlfriend's choice and I wasn't really excited about it, but ended up loving it. I'd recommend this one for sure.
Kick-Ass, really impressed me, it's cheezy as hell but it's loads of fun, and quite funny aswell. This one, I definitely recommend.
All About Steve, was another of my girlfriend's choices, this one is completely cheezy, and though there are a couple of funny moments, the story is terrible and I would not recommend this movie unless you are crazy about romantic comedies and this is the only one left.

Riorio99

Hot Fuzz: Still as funny as ever, but after the 100th time, it starts to grate a little.
300: Solid, if over-stylized. NOt too much narrative, but that's not really a problem with solid action scenes.

slicer4ever

Coding random shit
i watched the other guys the other night, and i've got to say, i loved it, me and my friends really enjoyed this movie, and were laughing pretty much through the whole thing, my favorite scene had to be the explosion, but if you haven't seen it yet i won't say anything more

MenaceInc

Staff Member
Watched Harry Brown just there, brilliant film.

Interesting story focusing on the issue of youth and gun crime in London. Michael Caine puts in a great performance as an elderly man who's terrified of local thugs and goes about getting revenge for his friend getting killed in a local tunnel. Also has Ben Drew (of Plan B fame) and Jack O'Connell (best known as Cook from Skins) acting as two of the young thugs.

angelsniper45

I just watched "It Might Get Loud", its got Jack White (the White Stipes) U2s The Edge, and Jimmy Page.

Basically its just a jam session where they show their techniques and gear and stuff, but they also describe how their childhood was and how everything started. This movie was so good/inspiring that i chuncked the cash for a blu ray player and a copy of it. Definetley recommend this for any music fans.

xploren

Contributor
Watched Scott Pilgrim vs. The World today. It's a great film, and it stays true to the books (which I loved) and gets plenty of laughs throughout the movie. The pop culture knowledge doesn't have to be there to enjoy the movie, but it does help. Another great Edgar Wright film.

Also, look for some of the tiny details in the movie. It's quite funny how they snuck in a lot of easter eggs.

Riorio99

Alfred Hitchcock's Rope - Charming little thriller, mostly entertaining, if a little simple and short. Worth watching, just to see the master of suspense in some of his earlier work.

january39

eXo Staff
Just watched Shifty - tells the story of 2 lads; one who moves away after selling an ecstasy tablet to a girl who subsequently dies, he returns 4 years later to his old friend who is now a crack dealer (making loads of cash). Can he convince him to give up his ways before it kills him?

Great little, low budget, independent film - Not a happy tale at all, but very thought provoking and does not shy away from some of the issues surrounding drug addiction that the government / society choose to ignore.

Daniel Mays is in the lead role, who viewers of Ashes to ashes will recognise.

Worth a look, but don't expect a warm fuzzy feeling as a result.

madsoul

Saw Mulholland Drive. Fucking love David Lynch. Amazing movie that is a real mindfuck. Much more mindfuck then inception, which I liked a little.

If you want a movie about dreams, see Mulholland Drive!

Also saw The Prestige. Pretty good too, but not as interesting at all. But I love the atmosphere it builds up.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
REC2.

Best series of mockumentaries ever.