• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Killzone 2

Adiuvo

The detail on that guy's hand wows me the most. You can even see the folds of his thumb. That kind of detail is better than what I've seen out of anything.

Seth

MD Party Room
9.5 for graphics kind of bugs me.... Not that it matters but I mean what does GG have to do for a 10. I know he explained himself and 9.5 isn't a bad score at all but if there's one area that KZ2 outperforms is in the graphics department.

This was posted a little ways back in the thread...But what from I can tell reviews said it wasent as good looking as the e3 trailer...But still fucking great.

user friendly

It's just funny to see it get docked .5 in the graphics department when it's clearly doing stuff no other game has yet. I'll comment on this further once I have beaten the game.

Seth

MD Party Room
Wait you have the game?

PSPHax0r9

Quality Haxing Since 1991
It's just funny to see it get docked .5 in the graphics department when it's clearly doing stuff no other game has yet. I'll comment on this further once I have beaten the game.

Any framerate issues? They include that under the general title of "graphics."

user friendly

I wish.

Anyone know if you can be in two different clans?

Any framerate issues? They include that under the general title of "graphics."

Other than when a segment is loading there are no frame rate issues. If you've played the demo or seen any videos you probably know what I'm referring too, but it loads on the fly and since there is no install it hitches for a second or two when it loads. I personally wouldn't count that as a frame rate issue.

Joey

Do you mean "when you have beaten the game" or when you have "gotten the game"?

*looks at calendar*

user friendly

It could mean either. If you want to be super technical, "once I get and finish the game."

I want to wait to comment until after I beat the game.

Joey

Here's the deal. Killzone 2 is the best looking game on CONSOLES. But, you just can't act like Crysis doesn't exists when rating console games, and facts is facts. Crysis is the best looking game to come out.

9.5 indicates that it's incredible, but not the best, and it's not.

user friendly

There are things that Killzone 2 does that Crysis doesn't. I'm not trying to argue though, we all know Crysis is superior in pretty much every aspect but we all know why.

Joey said:
9.5 indicates that it's incredible, but not the best, and it's not.
I'm really not sure what to make of that.

Joey

There are things that Killzone 2 does that Crysis doesn't. I'm not trying to argue though, we all know Crysis is superior in pretty much every aspect but we all know why.

I've played both, and that's just not true. Crysis is a visual marvel.

That said, Killzone 2 could very easily be a better game, which is far more important than just being the best looking game.

I can already tell you one thing, Killzone 2's multiplayer is almost guaranteed to be 100% better than Crysis's MP. Hell, it might even be on par with TF2. It's got the potential.

But it's a non-argument bro, speaking strictly about visuals, Crysis is superior. Just trust me on this one.

---------- Post added at 01:43 PM EST ---------- Previous post was at 01:42 PM EST ----------

I'm really not sure what to make of that.

What? It's not.

user friendly

I've played both, and that's just not true. Crysis is a visual marvel.

That said, Killzone 2 could very easily be a better game, which is far more important than just being the best looking game.

I can already tell you one thing, Killzone 2's multiplayer is almost guaranteed to be 100% better than Crysis's MP. Hell, it might even be on par with TF2. It's got the potential.

But it's a non-argument bro, speaking strictly about visuals, Crysis is superior. Just trust me on this one.

I'm only referring to one thing and one thing only. The blur tech or how it's done in KZ2 does (at times) look better than the blur in Crysis. I don't know how GG did it but you can see it (in direct screen grabs). Lighting is debatable as well. I do agree though, even though I haven't played Crysis at full, it's obvious that it does pretty much everything better than KZ2 or any other game when speaking of visuals, no question.

It's crazy how KZ2 can look almost CG'ish in certain instances though and the amount of unseen (seen only in screen shots like I posted earlier) detail and polish is just as crazy.

What? It's not.
Compared to what, Crysis? If so, since when was it cool to compare PC graphics to console graphics? I think if were comparing graphics, it should be what's on that console or maybe even the 360. It's like comparing Wii to PS360, goes against logic. It's the best the PS3 has seen and that's really what it should be compared to. I guess you could debate that Uncharted looks better.

Vee

Lets say Crysis is a 10, wouldnt KZ2 be a 9.8?

i remember seeing loads of cool lookong games getying 9.5s, yet they're nowhere near KZ2.

Joey

I'm only referring to one thing and one thing only. The blur tech or how it's done in KZ2 does (at times) look better than the blur in Crysis. I don't know how GG did it but you can see it (in direct screen grabs). Lighting is debatable as well. I do agree though, even though I haven't played Crysis at full, it's obvious that it does pretty much everything better than KZ2 or any other game when speaking of visuals, no question.

It's crazy how KZ2 can look almost CG'ish in certain instances though and the amount of unseen (seen only in screen shots like I posted earlier) detail and polish is just as crazy.

Compared to what, Crysis? If so, since when was it cool to compare PC graphics to console graphics? I think if were comparing graphics, it should be what's on that console or maybe even the 360. It's like comparing Wii to PS360, goes against logic. It's the best the PS3 has seen and that's really what it should be compared to. I guess you could debate that Uncharted looks better.

We're comparing games dude, not platforms.

user friendly

We're comparing games dude, not platforms.

Were comparing graphics, which really relies on the platform. Partly on the developer as well but there only so much a developer can do with the hardware.

I gotta go.

People who own one console need higher reviews to justify their purchases to themselves.
I really hope you're not talking about moi.

Joey

Were comparing graphics, which really relies on the platform. Partly on the developer as well but there only so much a developer can do with the hardware.

I gotta go.

I really hope you're not talking about moi.

So we can't compare Gears of War 2 and Killzone 2?

Personally, I think reviewers should just get rid of scores, and just write better reviews. You can tell me a lot more about a game with text than you can with a number.