• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Metal Gear Solid: Rising

twelve

I'm not dead
after reading what twelve posted, it does begin to sway me, but it doesn't explain the site's page itself. That type of scene wasn't see in MGS4 IIRC. So there must be something brand new that they're going to unveil.
Focus on the weather more than the actual setting.

Raiden = God of thunder.

Could be MGS 4 + you can play through Raiden's side of it.

spike021

iPhone Developer (prev. PSP Dev)
Focus on the weather more than the actual setting.

Raiden = God of thunder.

Could be MGS 4 + you can play through Raiden's side of it.

While what you say is true, I still want to disagree. What qualifies as Raiden's side of it? Remember that he's trapped in a "coma" for a good portion of MGS4. Unless you mean what happened before, when he was rescuing Sunny?

twelve

I'm not dead
While what you say is true, I still want to disagree. What qualifies as Raiden's side of it? Remember that he's trapped in a "coma" for a good portion of MGS4. Unless you mean what happened before, when he was rescuing Sunny?
Possibly. The "5" that flashes up could be S.

Lightning + S = Raiden + Sunny

Anything's possible. I'd still say the smart money is just on a plain old MGS4 somethingstance. It's coming up on the anniversary of MGS4 which would bring it to the right time frame for the past games.

Could be a MGS5 announcement too but it wont be coming out anytime soon if it is.

spike021

iPhone Developer (prev. PSP Dev)
Possibly. The "5" that flashes up could be S.

Lightning + S = Raiden + Sunny

Anything's possible. I'd still say the smart money is just on a plain old MGS4 somethingstance. It's coming up on the anniversary of MGS4 which would bring it to the right time frame for the past games.

Could be a MGS5 announcement too but it wont be coming out anytime soon if it is.

You know what? You might just be on to something :D It very well *could* be an "S". I guess time will tell.

Image of web page and mysterious "5" or "S" --->
picture1dii.png

Tsunaii

eMummeh
Do you think snake is here in this part of the picture?
[qimg]http://lh6.ggpht.com/_LFcQL-Iz430/ShGxvBbc5pI/AAAAAAAAACI/HXXI2fChRiU/s144/Picture%201.png[/qimg]
In the top part... xD
(Above the word page, where the green grass turns to brown)

surely a successful Octocamo would mean you cant see him at all :p

twelve

I'm not dead
I've removed the prefix from this thread as there's no way of knowing for certain what console this, whatever this is, is for.

Trigun

That guy, who Records Music.
Honestly I don't think it will be another Solid game. It could be a new Metal Gear game, but MGS4 Is the last of Solid snake's story(MGS3 still involved snake indirectly), so it will probably drop the latter for nothing with a sub-title like "Metal Gear:Insert here" It would not be the first Metal gear Title to do so.

I get irritated when people refer to the Solid games as just Metal gear, since Metal gear and Metal gear solid are almost completely different in terms of everything but gameplay and story.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
According to the GAF this is the first of 5 countdowns on the site. The last of which ends on the first day of E3, which happens to be when Microsoft hold their conference. So my bet is MGS4 somethingstance for the Xbox 360.

Yeah, that basically confirms this is a Xbox 360 centric announcement.

twelve

I'm not dead
Altho the last countdown timer will actually end 16 hours before the Microsoft Conference starts. So I guess it will be one last teaser before everything is revealed.

Vee

I saw a similar article that was written a few days back saying the same. I just cant remember the site.

Colm

No, it REALLY doesn't.
All it confirms is that it IS a 5, with clocks 4-1 counting down to E3. Microsoft isn't the only group at E3. We could be seeing MGS4Subsistencey for PC, MGS4+Oxide for 360 and PC, Snatcher, Zone of the Enders or some new IP.

And trust me, I'm 99% sure this announcement is about a PC release.
KojiPro spent a lot of time developing an engine for the PS3. Porting it to the 360 would mean scaling down. It'd mean multiple discs and possibly hardrive installs.
But, on the PC... things are different. Very different. The same limits don't exist. Take a look at the Source engine, constantly upgraded and reused, highly optimised... Having a powerful PC engine would be a massive benefit to Konami. We could be seeing something massive.

Remember: Metal Gear Solid 1 and 2 went to PC. MGS4 is not a contract exclusive. It's all to do with the power of the platform. And the PS3 and PC are almost equals.

Joey

No, it REALLY doesn't.
All it confirms is that it IS a 5, with clocks 4-1 counting down to E3. Microsoft isn't the only group at E3. We could be seeing MGS4Subsistencey for PC, MGS4+Oxide for 360 and PC, Snatcher, Zone of the Enders or some new IP.

And trust me, I'm 99% sure this announcement is about a PC release.
KojiPro spent a lot of time developing an engine for the PS3. Porting it to the 360 would mean scaling down. It'd mean multiple discs and possibly hardrive installs.
But, on the PC... things are different. Very different. The same limits don't exist. Take a look at the Source engine, constantly upgraded and reused, highly optimised... Having a powerful PC engine would be a massive benefit to Konami. We could be seeing something massive.

Remember: Metal Gear Solid 1 and 2 went to PC. MGS4 is not a contract exclusive. It's all to do with the power of the platform. And the PS3 and PC are almost equals.

MGS4 had a 20 minute required HDD install on PS3, so what's the problem? Not that I care, because I have a PS3, and MGS4 is a terrible game, but I don't understand the argument that the 360 can't handle the game.

Does nobody remember 4 game PS1 games? And Infinite Undiscovery had four discs, and that just come out less than 2 years ago. People survived that apparent disservice just fine.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team