• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

MFM Health Thread

Gutya

Health advice is always best served with a dash of comedy.

Anyway I know people always say breakfast is the most important meal of the day but I don't even have time for it, I'm so lazy that by the time I get up it only allows me enough time to shower and get dressed before dashing to class.

I eat pretty healthy meals but I snack quite often on junk food. The thing that affects me the most is midnight snacks, I get so hungry in the middle of the night but am too tired to get anything healthy so I just eat junk. I have a very fast metabolism though and it's almost impossible for me to gain weight, but I'm slowly getting there now and trying to get a bit fitter.

Tommi

Meh, eat what makes you happy, I know someone who is so obsessed with "healthy living" that she made herself really ill....

If you're happy eating junk food, so be it. What's the point of life if you're not happy?

Cryox

Bro.
I used to be a XC runner, but stopped after 7th grade for football(didn't work out too well). then i stopped running altogether, i am trying to start again though, so what are some tips on starting back up?
I don't believe you.

my friend used to be like that, but then his doctor gave him some magical pills that stopped that, and i believe it is caused by a Fast Metabolism or something like that...

Lachrymose

smokeMeth();
I have a very fast metabolism. I can eat pretty much anything, although I don't.
The only workouts I do is DDR and skateboarding in the summer.

I work at Subway and its healthy depending on what you get. For example, people come in thinking this is healthy: A double stacked Italian BMT w/ 2x cheese w/ a lot of fucking mayo. I mean, you my as well eat McDonalds if you are getting that. But other options such as turkey and ham, or other stuff I can't think of, is pretty healthy, if you go easy on the toppings and get lots of veggies.

Darth Budd

Inna-Gadda-Davida
I used to be a XC runner, but stopped after 7th grade for football(didn't work out too well). then i stopped running altogether, i am trying to start again though, so what are some tips on starting back up?

my friend used to be like that, but then his doctor gave him some magical pills that stopped that, and i believe it is caused by a Fast Metabolism or something like that...

Walk or jog at first for a set length of time, then build up speed to running. It'll let your body adjust to the activity again without any knee pain etc.

Whisper

Logic :(
Meh, eat what makes you happy, I know someone who is so obsessed with "healthy living" that she made herself really ill....

If you're happy eating junk food, so be it. What's the point of life if you're not happy?
There is a difference between removing soda from your life and not eating. Try not to confuse the two.

People who eat different items/exercise and feel good usually aren't suffering.

I'm 15 and I weigh 110 pounds (its not what you think, I'm extremely short about 5'2" last time I checked) Anyways, I eat more than anyone I know. I have a very random diet meaning I eat at all different times of the day. I never gain a pound, I've been at this steadily for about a year.

I guess its from my high metabolism...

Is there anyway to "bulk up"... safely?

yeah spread your meals out to about 6 meals a day. Eat around 2700 calories roughly based on your height and weight. Also get 1 gram of protein per pound of bodyweight. When working out drink a protein shake 15 minutes before and immediately after to maintain muscle and to give them fuel. Make sure you are getting good calories, because a calorie isnt a calorie. What i mean you need quality calorie not fast food type calories. That basically will get on your way to bulking up. (i use this advice and have gained 10lbs and an inch on my bicep in 2 weeks so i do know a little somethin somethin from exp. lol)

Cryox

Bro.
Walk or jog at first for a set length of time, then build up speed to running. It'll let your body adjust to the activity again without any knee pain etc.

either way i'll have knee pain, cause i'm pretty sure i messed up my knee when i used to run, but thanks for the advice

Slasher

Suck It
Starting yesterday, I'm determined and committed to take on a more healthy lifestyle. I've been eating pretty unhealthy lately and I think I'm starting to gain a bit of excess weight.

I'm currently approximately 215 pounds - So for now at least, my short term goal is to bring my weight down to 200 pounds. Once I reach this goal, I'll bring the number down a bit more until I eventually get to around 180 pounds. I feel it's best to do it in steps rather than giant leaps, so that's why I'm taking this approach.

In order to actually do this, I'm going all out. I'm going to be doing whatever it takes. I'll be following several different workout regiments and changing certain aspects of my current lifestyle in order to reach my goals.

Lifestyle Changes
- Drink less alcohol. It isn't completely ruled out though :blush:.
- At least once every day I must do something that's enough to make me sweat.
- Alkaline & Acidic principles will be used all the time.
- Get sufficient sleep every night. 8 hours at least.
- 1500 calories a day.
- No eating after 8pm.

Workout Rules
- A combination of both Resistance & Cardio training. Intense days will be on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays to properly space it out.
- Cardio will consist of interval training.

Eating Rules
- I'll be eating nothing but healthy, except for 1 day a week where I can eat regularly. Regular eating days won't mean gorging days, just regular eating.
- No skipping breakfast ever.
- 6 small meals spread throughout the day to help boost metabolism.
- No fast food whatsoever, except for pizza :) (Only on that 1 day a week though).
- No white foods, whole wheat only.
- Pretty much anything I drink will just be water. Full 8+ glasses a day.

I'll post in here on the 15th of each month to update whoever's listening on my current progress.

Teowulf

<span style=height:2px;cursor:default;"></span>
I have an incredibly slow metabolism, but eat a ton. I'm able to manage my weight through a combination of exercise and healthy eating (I weigh 170 pounds, with a 10.something body fat %).

Sullivan

Thats good to hear. People are always telling me, my high metabolism will catch up to me sooner or later...

Greyone

Funny Little Green Ghouls
@ Sullivan

My metabolism is high just like yours. I can't gain anything, and can barely keep my current weight.If I ever get sick, then I will definitely lose weight.

I get my metabolism from my dad and my grandpa(mothers side). Both of them tried to build muscle by constantly working out and taking expensive protein shakes, supplements, etc. but nothing worked.

-------------------------------------

I don't really eat fast food often, it always makes me feel like crap afterward. If I do have fast food though, I really like subway and In n Out.

I also prefer home cooked healthy food to fast food, and have a various assortment of dishes I know how to cook.

Sullivan

+1 at greyone, I probably eat more fast food then you, but hey...

What is your current weight, do you mind me asking? Mine is low. But average for my height.

Greyone

Funny Little Green Ghouls
+1 at greyone, I probably eat more fast food then you, but hey...

What is your current weight, do you mind me asking? Mine is low. But average for my height.

I don't really mind. :)

The last time I checked it was 109 lbs, the highest it's ever gone is 112.

My height is about 5' 10.5"

Sullivan

About the same for me.

17. And I weigh 114, 5 8'ish

I was probably 70's through all middle school. And progressed a little more.

Joey

Do you feel bad for eating fast food everyday? :(

Because....no matter what alternative of healthier food I suggest for you, It wont taste better than fast food.

I've gone with out fast food for so long, that when I have it now, it physically makes me sick... So yes, please, suggest some alternatives. I need something that's good for you, but still pretty convenient like fast food. In other words, healthy food for cheap, lazy bastards.

I had burger king the other day, and I thought I was gonna die.

On another health note, if anybody has some tips on keeping my legs from getting tired when I run, I'd like to hear it. You see, I'm trying to run 5 out of 7 days in a week, and when I get to day 3-4, my legs just give out half way through the run, and I need to rest 2-3 days in a row before I get my endurance back. I don't know if it's a lack of vitamins, or what. If anybody can help me out with that, it'd be rad.

Zx30

Beto
I've gone with out fast food for so long, that when I have it now, it physically makes me sick... So yes, please, suggest some alternatives. I need something that's good for you, but still pretty convenient like fast food. In other words, healthy food for cheap, lazy bastards.

I had burger king the other day, and I thought I was gonna die.

Uh....Lean pockets? lol :w00t:. I honestly don't know what healthy is anymore. :cry:
My fast food has gone down lately as well, but I still eat junk like Pizza often. Every now and then I get small burgers from a Jack-in-the-box or something. I've never liked fast food burgers anywhere else. ESPECIALLY McDONALDS!

Joey

Uh....Lean pockets? lol :w00t:. I honestly don't know what healthy is anymore. :cry:
My fast food has gone down lately as well, but I still eat junk like Pizza often. Every now and then I get small burgers from a Jack-in-the-box or something. I've never liked fast food burgers anywhere else. ESPECIALLY McDONALDS!

I still eat pizza and stuff, and some junky stuff, but burger joints literally make sick now. It's kind of sad.

Zx30

Beto
I still eat pizza and stuff, and some junky stuff, but burger joints literally make sick now. It's kind of sad.

Well that should be a good thing right? That way you'll stay away from it and possibly have a better chance of eating something a bit more healthier :D!
Damn. According to this site http://www.nhlbisupport.com/bmi/ , my BMI is 25.2. That means I'm just BARELY OVERWEIGHT by like 2 pounds.

Blarg! I'm fat T_T[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWaLxFIVX1s[/YT]