• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

MFM trip to Japan.

Serideth

Ok, was talking about this to a couple of people on IRC and was interested to know if we could get a decent turnout and if it's worth doing.

Nothing is set in stone at all, so treat this thread as an idea hub.

Basically, one place a load of people on gaming sites in general would like to see at least once in their life is Japan, so I'm proposing a group of us travel there and stay for a few days or even a week depending on what you want to do. Now if this was to go forward it would not happen till next year (in order to give people time to save up)

What I just want to know right now is if anyone is interested in this or something similar?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I'd be down for this. As far as scheduling times go I'm fairly open, aside from June, since I have finals then and will be in California for E3 2010.

soha

I'd be up for a rip to Japan. The where and the when just need to be answered. (I was planning on going to comiket next year during the summer)

amrcidiot

MFM Survivor
I just want me some Japanese girls.
Nah but seriously, the customs in Japan are what attract me to the city. Most people in Japan are so family-oriented, and I think that's what I don't like about the US, not enough people care about their families.

Craig Fairfax

illuminati Vereran
I just want me some Japanese girls.
Nah but seriously, the customs in Japan are what attract me to the city. Most people in Japan are so family-oriented, and I think that's what I don't like about the US, not enough people care about their families.

Haha My hatred for my family is why I'm so down for this if this happen. And I wouldn't have to pay for a hotel. :w00t:

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
Japan or E3 is fine by me :p

Nero

Mmmm...cookies
Id love to go but next year means il have to save up for university fees. I will go some time in my life though!

Joey

I would love to, but between a lack of funds and a lack of time, I just don't see anyway I could pull this off.

But damn, this would be amazing.

Crank

Crank it up!
I can't say anything for sure, but I am damn well interested in this. I guess I'll just watch how the situation ends up.

E: We're going to Akihabara and Nipponbashi, right, right, right?

Joey

At some point in my life, I want to actually live in Japan, so checking it out would be amazing.

I need to get this one figured out.