• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

360 Microsoft E3 Conference

Sinfulfate

I only got to watch the first part of the conference(up to where that chick was talking about twitter and facebook) so I didn't get to see any of the really cool stuff. The Crackdown 2 trailer was cool and the new Instant on thing was cool. I wonder what ever happened to the IP TV service MS kept taking about years ago?

The splinter cell game looked great reminded me alot of that bourne game which was awesome. It seems alittle early for another left 4 dead and I thought Valve would have waited and made a another orange box compilation with Portal 2, L4D 2, Half life episode 3, and maybe even TF 3.

Anywho did MS talk about any new XBLA titles in the second half of the conference? Or about fixing the Community games stuff?

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
I only got to watch the first part of the conference(up to where that chick was talking about twitter and facebook) so I didn't get to see any of the really cool stuff. The Crackdown 2 trailer was cool and the new Instant on thing was cool. I wonder what ever happened to the IP TV service MS kept taking about years ago?

The splinter cell game looked great reminded me alot of that bourne game which was awesome. It seems alittle early for another left 4 dead and I thought Valve would have waited and made a another orange box compilation with Portal 2, L4D 2, Half life episode 3, and maybe even TF 3.
[HIGHLIGHT]
Anywho did MS talk about any new XBLA titles in the second half of the conference? Or about fixing the Community games stuff?[/HIGHLIGHT]

There's a free racing game coming out that uses the avatars. Looked somewhat fun. Epic also has a game called Shadow Complex that looked OK.

Sousanator

Shockingly Delicious
After hearing news of a motion sensor yesterday I though "lulz what a fail attempt to cash in on the wii market", but after seeing Project Natal I am impressed. The problem with 'EyeToy' and 'You're in the Movies' was that you needed a one color background to be able actually play. With Project Natal it looks like your background doesn't matter anymore. 3D tracking is also pretty impressive. Milo didn't impress me as much (the technology is impressive, but the practical use seems useless). It's like a 3D smarterchild from msn, and the only thing I did with smarterchild was abuse him, which is most likely what I would do to Milo if it ever gets released.

Other things I liked was the friends movie sharing, which Sony promised in Home but never delivered. I don't care for last.fm(since it doesn't work in Canada), or the facebook/twitter stuff since I never use them, but the interaction seemed interesting.

As for the games, I'm really looking forward Crackdown 2 (except I'm not sure if I'm going to like fighting monsters). I also liked the real time cinematic in the new Splinter Cell, it felt very innovated and new.

So yea, Microsoft impressed me (mostly because of Natal), but I'm hoping Sony has something big up their sleeves also.

Cryox

Bro.
I think Project Natal will be pretty interesting to play with. Although I must say, seeing that kid pretending to be a dinosaur/godzilla was hilarious IMO.

Hopefully MS will price it at the same or a little more than a normal game. I would hope for it to be at least $75, but i think we all know that won't happen.

Only critiques I had about this Press Conference were:

-the whole "Forza 3 is the best looking racing game out there" thing. That just really grinded my gears. I mean, next to NFS: Shift and GT5 (Prologue even, maybe even GT: HD Concept), the game looked like childsplay. It's not even like I'm not even exaggerating here, just compare screenshots and you can tell right off the bat interiors and everything look better on GT and NFS. All forza has is 60fps, which doesn't even really matter.

-Project Natal. Sure it's kinda cool with the whole motion sensors and moving your body around and talking to some little boy, but that already exists, it's called going outside and playing with friends...

Other than that it was pretty solid (future pun not intended), already expected the whole Metal Gear thing, doesn't bother me really. MW2 looked okay, rockband Beatles,eh, no thanks. But yeah, not too bad; not too great.

Seth

MD Party Room
I really like the idea of Project Natal... If I can pause a movie without trying to find the remote, if I can Movie around menu with my hands and not look for my controller just so I can watch a quick movie. If I can go on facebook with just my hands and show off pictures or something that be very cool indeed.

Joey

If Natal works like it's advertised, it'll be amazing, but I have no reason to assume it will ever live up to it's potential.

twelve

I'm not dead
If Natal works like it's advertised, it'll be amazing, but I have no reason to assume it will ever live up to it's potential.
There's an article on kotaku about playing Burnout Paradise on it and their only complaint was that using your foot as if you were on a pedal was either on or off. You lose the analog acceleration. Apparently it was completely lag free and very easy to use.

Robby

Los Doyers!
Project Natal looks really awesome.
Can not wait to try that baby out!

agentnnc

That Guy I Am
I was shocked when the announced that ODST would be a sandbox game. Now I'm really looking forward to it.

I hope I can go on rooftops for sniping :D

James.

User Not Found
There's an article on kotaku about playing Burnout Paradise on it and their only complaint was that using your foot as if you were on a pedal was either on or off. You lose the analog acceleration. Apparently it was completely lag free and very easy to use.
=o

I only use full on or off :p

If they release it before I leave home, I'll definatly be getting this

twelve

I'm not dead
=o

I only use full on or off :p
But you use a different finger for braking right?

Acceleration and Brake were both down with one foot. Move forwards to accelerate and back to brake. No way to control a drift by accelerating a little or braking slightly.

Ragnarok

Acceleration and Brake were both down with one foot. Move forwards to accelerate and back to brake. No way to control a drift by accelerating a little or braking slightly.

That's one thing i didn't like about it.

James.

User Not Found

Ohhh.
Thats one flaw so far. I just want to make fun of milo :)

Chathurga

In fairness that was a dirty hack, retro fitting burnout for the purpose of a demo. Add to that the fact that they have around a year to clean Natal up and this is amazingly promising.