• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

NFL Playoffs Discussion

-chw42-

Like a Boss
The Eagles are handing it to Dallas right now 27-10 in the third quarter. Not quite over yet, but it's pretty much finished.

Teams are set.

AFC
1. Titans (South)
2. Steelers (North)
3. Dolphins (East)
4. Chargers (West)
5. Colts (Wild Card)
6. Ravens (Wild Card)

NFC
1. Giants (East)
2. Panthers (South)
3. Vikings (North)
4. Cardinals (West)
5. Falcons (Wild Card)
6. Eagles (Wild Card)

Wild Card Round matchups:

AFC
Ravens v. Dolphins
Colts v. Chargers

NFC
Eagles v. Vikings
Falcons v. Cardinals

Robby

Los Doyers!
YYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!

My Eagles made it into the playoffs by smashing on the Cowboys. What a way to finish the season. But I do have my doubts since we were only able to get a TIE against the Bengals a few weeks back.

PSPHax0r9

Quality Haxing Since 1991
Wow. This time last week I did not think the Eagles would even have a shot at the playoffs. This is awesome.

Robby

Los Doyers!
I know, after only getting 3 points against the Redskins who were playing poorly I didn't like our chances at all.
I guess they really wanted to be a playoff contender.

-chw42-

Like a Boss
Meanwhile, the Bears decided to give up a 10-0 lead and lose to the Texans. :( The Bears loss got Philadelphia in the playoffs. Beat them Vikings next week.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
I am so glad the Cowboys lost. Tonights game should be another good one too, it's basically a playoff game.

Watch out for my G-Men though. I was at the game last week freezing my ass off and when they put their mind to it, they can run all over any defense.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
Panthers are this years Giants... They take it all the way... Count on it.

How could they be this years Giants with a bye and homefield advantage in their first game?

You have to pick a 4+ seed in order to make that statement.

Also, they are far from this year's Giants. The Giants' Defense last year and this year make the Panthers look like a JV squad. Our second stringers almost shut down AP yesterday.

Joey

How could they be this years Giants with a bye and homefield advantage in their first game?

You have to pick a 4+ seed in order to make that statement.

Also, they are far from this year's Giants. The Giants' Defense last year and this year make the Panthers look like a JV squad. Our second stringers almost shut down AP yesterday.

The biggest way, is that the Panthers played the Giants tough, like the Giants did last year with the Patriots late in the season... Neither team actually won said game against each team (teams which had the biggest bulleye on their backs), but I think the Panthers can parlay that into a win in the playoffs, like the Giants did last year.

They're great on D (yeah, not as good at the Giants last year, but still good), and they run the ball... They also have an mystery at quarterback. Even up until the playoffs last year, people didn't know what to expect from Manning.

Also, the Panthers still have their deep threat... I know you wont admit it, but this team is gonna miss Plax spreading out the D. They're not going to be able to run for 200+ yards in the playoffs, against playoff caliber Defenses.

Outside of them not being a wildcard team, there's a lot of similarities.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
Oh, I will be the first to admit that losing Plax kills us. I don’t know why they just suspended him from the regular season so he could be available in the playoffs. He said he could play that Sunday after the shooting, so it must have been a scratch. As far as the Giants and Panthers are go, I think the team with better coaching will be the victor again, and that’s the G-Men. As much as people like to hate on Coughlin and his beet red face, he knows what the fuck he’s doing. Having the best offensive line in the NFL is a plus as well. You cannot stop our guards when they pull down the line and open up cut-back lanes a Mack Truck can drive through.

The only low seed that scares me this year is the Eagles. They shit all over us a few weeks ago and bum raped the Cowboys yesterday. At the end of the day though, I think we will see a rematch of Week 15 for the NFC Championship with the Giants winning another close game. (Don’t forget that we shut down Steve Smith to 3 catches and under 50 yards receiving that game.)

As far as the AFC goes, I really don’t care. You’ve got two rookie coaches in the playoffs this year and I don’t see the Ravens or Dolphins winning their first game. With Big Ben getting taken off the field on a stretcher yesterday and LT having an abdominal strain, I don’t like the Steelers or Chargers either. (Even though, you can’t be human and not like to see Darren Sproles and his 5’6” frame run the ball through some of the monsters in the NFL) I think you will see either the Titans or Colts winning the AFC this year.

So my prediction will be a Giants/Colts Super Bowl with the Manning brothers being the massively talked about headline and the G-Men repeat.

NYYFAN

I don’t see the Ravens or Dolphins winning their first game.

One will have to as they play each other:p

My original superbowl pick going into the season was Chargers vs Cowboys and obviously that won't happen.

As it stands now I can see the NFC coming down to the Giants and Eagles and the AFC coming down to Steelers and Colts.

I also would not be surprised if San Diego made a run. They lost a ton of close games early which made them 4-8 and in a situation where they had to have a broncos choke job. I would not put any money on it but they have enough talent to be in the big game.

-chw42-

Like a Boss
We go by the spreads. Tie-breaker is set by the line. You get 1 point per game in the divisional and wild card rounds. You get 3 points per game in the conference championship round. Superbowl is 5 points.