• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Outrageous Religious Beliefs

What I should have said is that I believe God exists, in some shape or form. However, there is always the possibility(Speaking for a creationist's perspective) that God started the process, and evolution is entirely possible.

I habitually group them together from years ago when they were always taught together in my school.

They taught you evolution and creationism at the same time?

Oh ok. Like I said earlier, I don't agree with you but it does make sense from certain viewpoints as does science. I don't entirely rule out the existence of a being such as a God I just don't embrace the idea either. It is pretty pointless to debate the existence of God when neither side can possibly win in the other's eyes. What I would debate is the acceptability of youth indoctrination and forcing your beliefs on others.

NoEffex

Seth's On A Boat.
Oh ok. Like I said earlier, I don't agree with you but it does make sense from certain viewpoints as does science. I don't entirely rule out the existence of a being such as a God I just don't embrace the idea either. It is pretty pointless to debate the existence of God when neither side can possibly win in the other's eyes. What I would debate is the acceptability of youth indoctrination and forcing your beliefs on others.

Generally forcing your beliefs on others is frowned upon, to most of us..

Joey

What I should have said is that I believe God exists, in some shape or form. However, there is always the possibility(Speaking for a creationist's perspective) that God started the process, and evolution is entirely possible.

I habitually group them together from years ago when they were always taught together in my school.

You have it backwards son. Evolution exists, but there is a small possibility that God exists.

Nice try though.

---------- Post added at 06:44 PM EST ---------- Previous post was at 06:44 PM EST ----------

Generally forcing your beliefs on others is frowned upon, to most of us..

You mean like Kansas does, buy teaching "creationism" over evolution in Public schools?

NoEffex

Seth's On A Boat.
You have it backwards son. Evolution exists, but there is a small possibility that God exists.

Nice try though.

---------- Post added at 06:44 PM EST ---------- Previous post was at 06:44 PM EST ----------

You mean like Kansas does, buy teaching "creationism" over evolution in Public schools?

Evolution in itself CANNOT be proven(yet)(There is strong evidence, yes, but the entire theory cannot be proven(yet), as there are still large holes that plague it, considering we really don't have any records of many of the animals they claim to have existed) and neither can creationism.

Teaching any one thing is forcing, so it can go either way.

Sullivan

Wow, joey they really do that?

How do they go about that, do they teach both sides?

ChurchedAtheist

Your resident psycho hobo
Wow, joey they really do that?

How do they go about that, do they teach both sides?

no. they go 'evolution is a bunch of baloney. [STRIKE]goddidit[/STRIKE] Intelligent Design

Sullivan

Wtf, well I believe in evolution. I don't goto church, I get ridiculed heavily by a certain race at my school when religion is brought up in one of my classes and I said I don't goto church, and its forbidden in the school district to talk about religion.

I went a few times with friends. It was fun... but I don't go know.

Tommi

untitled.jpg

Joey

Evolution in itself CANNOT be proven(yet)(There is strong evidence, yes, but the entire theory cannot be proven(yet), as there are still large holes that plague it, considering we really don't have any records of many of the animals they claim to have existed) and neither can creationism.

Teaching any one thing is forcing, so it can go either way.

So we should give the idea with no evidence the same time and respect as a theory with strong evidence?

Chathurga

I think I'll go with the thoery backed by the smartest men (and women) of our time.
Plus evolution is just fact, we see it in action everyday with strains of disease and antibiotic immunities. That's evolution.

I think I'll go with the thoery backed by the smartest men (and women) of our time.

A typical reaction. How do you define the smartest person? They're each following their own logic and so neither can be wrong as within their own rules they will be correct.

Chathurga

A typical reaction. How do you define the smartest person? They're each following their own logic and so neither can be wrong as within their own rules they will be correct.

They cure diseases, map our DNA, you know make massive medical breakthroughs in general. Do I think these biologists are smarter than pastors and lay people? You bet your ass I do.
I listen to them because they save lives and kick ass.

The simple fact is, I'm to not a biologist so I can't claim to know everything about evolution. These people know it inside and out, they are far more intelligent than me when it comes to this area. I know a good bit about evolution but not everything so I'm willing to trust that these dudes know where it's at.

And nice work ignoring the second part of my post which was far harder to deny.

They cure diseases, map our DNA, you know make massive medical breakthroughs in general. Do I think these biologists are smarter than pastors and lay people? You bet your ass I do.
I listen to them because they save lives and kick ass.

The simple fact is, I'm to not a biologist so I can't claim to know everything about evolution. These people know it inside and out, they are far more intelligent than me when it comes to this area. I know a good bit about evolution but not everything so I'm willing to trust that these dudes know where it's at.

And nice work ignoring the second part of my post which was far harder to deny.

I'm not religious but you're only following one form of logic in a way that is far too stubborn to accept others' logic paths. Could a religious person not claim that the pastor is just as smart because he saves people's souls?

You can't possibly claim that you can dissprove their ideas because you're fighting on your ground. I could find issues in the bible itself but not in the general theory of God as in one form or another he is an undeniable possibility.

And I didn't ignore your second part because with the logic of a neutral observer my point deals with that.

Chathurga

How did that opinion suddenly become stubborn? o.o If that post was stubborn then every opinion ever is stubborn.

They save lives, that's a tangible, actual thing. The existence of souls is a concept found in some religions, saving them is a lot less real than saving an actual life.

Their idea is that god created everything as it is, the only way to disprove that is to prove evolution... and evolution has been proven. "Theory" in a scientific sense means it's been proven fact by rigorous testing. I think I'll take the option that wasn't just blindly accepted and was actually figured out thanks.

madsoul

Plus evolution is just fact, we see it in action everyday with strains of disease and antibiotic immunities. That's evolution.

QFOT

personally i think that people who do not believe in evolution are dumb. sorry. you can believe in god and whatever, but to not see the most obvious in nature is so idiotic.

How did that opinion suddenly become stubborn? o.o If that post was stubborn then every opinion ever is stubborn.

They save lives, that's a tangible, actual thing. The existence of souls is a concept found in some religions, saving them is a lot less real than saving an actual life.

Their idea is that god created everything as it is, the only way to disprove that is to prove evolution... and evolution has been proven. "Theory" in a scientific sense means it's been proven fact by rigorous testing. I think I'll take the option that wasn't just blindly accepted and was actually figured out thanks.

You are clearly being stubborn as you can't seem to realise that attempting to dissprove God based on the theory of evolution is not possible. They'll always have an answer about how God put the animals there in the first place, evolution just happened after that.

You can't seem to realise that to fight an argument you need to realise how they think and this argument can't be won by either side, you can only dissprove the word of the Bible but not the actual theory of God. Science is in many ways another form of religion in the way that it's followers act. I believe in the theory of evolution but I don't ever claim that I know that God does or doesn't exist.

Chathurga

When did I say ANYTHING about god?

And I'm getting called stubborn because I don't blindly believe god put us here based on no evidence, wtf.