• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PS3 PSGroove Released, Open Source PS Jailbreak

Adiuvo

No. The 360 and PS3 are too close together power wise.

El Diablo

Seeing as how Wii emulators for PCs aren't 100% I can't see there being one for the ps3.

At least not one that works any better than Daedalus for psp.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor

Hardrive

Contributor
So... is it possible to write homebrew for this yet?

And why the hell does everything have to be called a Jailbreak now? What happened to the word "exploit"? Get off my lawn...

Hellcat

Contributor
In theory homebrew is possible, yes.
BUT: There is no free SDK like for the PSP, you'd need to find the SCE SDK.... not only is that a very hard task but HB created with that is automatically illegal since the author never had the right to have and use that SDK....

ChurchedAtheist

Your resident psycho hobo
couldnt a large group legally purchase a copy? start a exophase studios perhaps, and any dev who joins has access. this is probably not allowed,but im not sure what the sdk rules and restricions are.

Adiuvo

By doing that I'm sure you would have to go through Sony to get your things released, not just prop them up on the internet.

El Diablo

Does anyone know if there's any sites that list what games are able to be ripped to an external hard drive and which have files over 4 gigs and can't?

ChurchedAtheist

Your resident psycho hobo
Does anyone know if there's any sites that list what games are able to be ripped to an external hard drive and which have files over 4 gigs and can't?

dont imagine any do.

although, if having files over 4gb is all that is required to break this, within 6 months expect every game to have a 4.1gb file that is critical.

El Diablo

Yeah that's what I was thinking as well, although maybe as more stuff comes out for this maybe eventually a CFW will come that will let you not be forced to use fat32 to get around the 4 gig thing.

---------- Post added at 01:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:17 PM ----------

Saw this on ps3hax.net today

According to multiple sources, including Logic-Sunrise, new details of the Backup Manager v1.1 have surfaced.

The new features:

• Support for all firmware.
• Support for NTFS.
• Supports Blu-ray and MKV.
• Support for PSX and PS2 games.

ChipSpain suppliers have also provided more details below:

• NFTS Support
• New version of Backup Manager 1.1 (OK)
• Compatible with all PS3 firmware
• Compatible with Blu-ray backups, PS2 and PSX.
• Auto Updater via your PC.
• Reproduction of video formats such as MKV and many well known programs like XBMC.
• You can always update the console to play online!
Really praying NTFS support comes around.

Sousanator

Shockingly Delicious
Wow, just having mkv (and other video codec possibilities) makes the $30 for a Teensy board worth it

El Diablo

Well all the information was from another website, I just saw it posted on there /shrug.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I wouldn't put much faith into that list. Why would it be "compatible with all PS3 firmware" when the exploit itself only runs on 3.41 o_O Fishy I'd say..

El Diablo

The exploit runs on anything up to 3.41, no?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Only works on 3.41 as far as I know. The RAM patches are specific to that firmware.