• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PSP Custom Firmware 3.71 M33 Released

maxix

Hello. I from Russia, badly speak on English... I have an official insertion 3.71. How to me to pass on 3.71 M33?
:confused1: :confused1: :confused1:

Acerthief

do you have it on a phat psp(older version) or a slim psp?
if you have a phat psp, then you'll need to use a pandora battery to downgrade.

if you have a slim psp, then there's nothing you can do, i'm sorry :(

supaquickt

Hmm can't he just use the PSP slim unbricker to go from official 3.71 to 3.71 M33? Or is there something I'm missing here..

Acerthief

Hi
--------
Is 3.71 M33 a bricker ?
My PSP bricked with 3.71 M33
Why ???

what firmware were you on when you are going to 3.71M33?

you either have to be on 3.60M33, 3.52M33-3, 3.52M33-4, either of these three custom firmware in order to upgrade to 3.71M33.

any other firmware can only give you a brick.

Frozentjai

I have now 3.40 EO-A version.i downloaded NBA 2008 today but if i start the game and it gives a black screen...So the question is can i upgrade to 3.71 m33 and than i can play that game without any error or black screen(monster freedom hunter 2 doesn't work for same reason)

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I have now 3.40 EO-A version.i downloaded NBA 2008 today but if i start the game and it gives a black screen...So the question is can i upgrade to 3.71 m33 and than i can play that game without any error or black screen(monster freedom hunter 2 doesn't work for same reason)

To install 3.71 M33, you'll first need to install 3.52 M33:

http://forums.exophase.com/showthread.php?t=2732

Then update to 3.52 M33-4:

http://forums.exophase.com/showthread.php?t=3185

Once on 3.71 M33, you'll want to press SELECT in the PSP main menu and switch the ISO mode to Sony NP9660. This should fix your compatibility problems...

neoWolves

Wowww, i was out for to long, now i see that the big one its back, YEAH, now i can play psx in my slim psp thnks men you are awsome..8)

s2000_77

x3sphere, thanks for your reply im gonna give it a shot when i get a chance to....but i was reading over the pandora battery post in the forum and im unsure of something...does that mean when i get to the last steps for 'unbricking a bricked psp' that i need either a different psp or a memory card reader to finish loading the files??? thanks in advance

s2000_77

sorry forgot to add something....or does that mean it only applies in the instance that some how my psp becomes bricked or is it necessary in converting my battery

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
s2000_77, if you want to go the Pandora route you will need someone with a homebrew-capable PSP to install the memory stick files and convert the battery for you.

You said you're running firmware 3.11, so you can use the normal 3.11 downgrader instead, which requires a copy of the game Lumines.

s2000_77

ok i see, i was looking over that to but i just wanted to see if there was a route i could go with having to buy something haha but looks like i might have to...guess ill look into buying lumines sounds easier i just dont know if i can find it in stores ill have to check online then thanks for your help :)

reggierabbit

Problems!

Hey,

I got 3.71 M33 - 2 with 1.5 kernal v2. Two problems:

1. Everytime i try to go innto the configuration menu in recovery mode, my psp shuts off.

2. Everytime i load up an iso, my umd loads instead and now i cant change the umd loader cause config not working!

How can i fix this?

Thanks

reggierabbit

Dont worry, i fixed it.
I went to format flash1 and reset settings.
Another question:

What are all the flash0, 1, 2, 3etc?

What is idstorage?

Thanks

reggierabbit

Sorry, another question:

What is "Hard reset on homebrew"?

What is "ISO Video Mount"?

And the psp wont skip the sony logo.

Thanks

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Hard reset on homebrew basically does a soft reset before launching any homebrew application, making it load a touch quicker.

ISO Video Mount is for UMD Videos.

flash0 - 3 contain firmware modules and settings, idstorage contains hardware specific settings. As for your wallpaper saving problem, can you go into recovery mode and turn on flash1 USB.

Make sure you have ALL of the following folders:

http://forums.exophase.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=3448&stc=1&d=1191455793

in "vsh" there should also be a "theme" folder. Create these folders if you don't already have them.

Attachments

• 02_SoftstartF1.jpg
    02_SoftstartF1.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 183

MenaceInc

Staff Member
Hard reset on homebrew basically does a soft reset before launching any homebrew application, making it load a touch quicker.

only load a touch quicker or run a touch quicker?...i was wondering what that feature did.

reggierabbit

OK, fixed everything. thanks guys. Anything cool i can do with the psp with the flash. How do people brick when they mod the flash, do they delete the wrong file or does it just stuff up?

MenaceInc

Staff Member
OK, fixed everything. thanks guys. Anything cool i can do with the psp with the flash. How do people brick when they mod the flash, do they delete the wrong file or does it just stuff up?

your right about the flash,it only bricks really when they delete the wrong files.
it can happen though due to a bad flash.

the only reason to mess about with the flash is to add theme's which you can do using CXMB v2.5 . the big advantage about CXMB is that is does not touch the flash at all and so takes away the chances of a brick.