• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Relationships. Turn offs

Zx30

Beto
I was looking around on Yahoo.com and noticed there was a blog that asked the opinions of the viewers " What are your turn offs when it comes to dating".
Well I thought it would be interesting to see the opinions of the MATURE community :p

I'll start off.
In a woman, my turn offs are
-Smoking or chewing tobacco.( I don't care if they drink, just be able to control yourself)
-Too many tattoos.(It's fine to have tattoos, but when you have them all over your face, back, and shit like that, it gets a little weird)
-Too many piercings(Again piercings are fine but don't get carried away)
-Too fat.(I don't want you to be thin and hot, just be able to not let yourself become too fat)
-Easy to anger(Just because I don't text message you right away does not mean I'm ignoring you. Chill out)
-Too clingy(I need time for myself as well)
-Goes clubbing almost every week.
-Dresses like a whore in public areas.(Like tiny shorts, thong sticks out from back easily, shirt too small, showing too much boobs, etc)
-Too Religious(Yes it's fine that you're religious, but don't force me into and try not to answer all questions given to you with something to do with God)
-Liars(Self explanatory)
-Not wanting to improve(For example, not going to school or not completing high school. Things like that.

If you want to, go ahead and do a "Turn on" section as well. I decided not to do it simply because it'll probably just be the opposite of all the things on my Turn off list.

Joey

I was looking around on Yahoo.com and noticed there was a blog that asked the opinions of the viewers " What are your turn offs when it comes to dating".
Well I thought it would be interesting to see the opinions of the MATURE community :p

I'll start off.
In a woman, my turn offs are
-Smoking or chewing tobacco.( I don't care if they drink, just be able to control yourself)
-Too many tattoos.(It's fine to have tattoos, but when you have them all over your face, back, and shit like that, it gets a little weird)
-Too many piercings(Again piercings are fine but don't get carried away)
-Too fat.(I don't want you to be thin and hot, just be able to not let yourself become too fat)
-Easy to anger(Just because I don't text message you right away does not mean I'm ignoring you. Chill out)
-Too clingy(I need time for myself as well)
-Goes clubbing almost every week.
-Dresses like a whore in public areas.(Like tiny shorts, thong sticks out from back easily, shirt too small, showing too much boobs, etc)
-Too Religious(Yes it's fine that you're religious, but don't force me into and try not to answer all questions given to you with something to do with God)
-Liars(Self explanatory)
-Not wanting to improve(For example, not going to school or not completing high school. Things like that.

If you want to, go ahead and do a "Turn on" section as well. I decided not to do it simply because it'll probably just be the opposite of all the things on my Turn off list.
I agree with pretty much everything you said, execpt the "too fat" part. The size of a woman doesn't really matter if they're a good person. Actually, I'd turn that around at say "too skinny". That shit's just gross.

I'd hit a republican, as long as they're not super right. Just considering voting for McCain isn't really a problem for me.

Now, obviously if somebody can look at George Bush, and not see that he's an evil piece of shit, then I obviously avoid that person, male or female. But being a Republican? Not a huge deal to me.

Luckily, I live in LA, so there's not a great chance of meeting a republican here.

Zx30

Beto
I agree with pretty much everything you said, execpt the "too fat" part. The size of a woman doesn't really matter if they're a good person. Actually, I'd turn that around at say "too skinny". That shit's just gross

Well I guess you could be right about that. I guess I was just being a dick since I've never encountered a fat woman who was nice to me or that I was attracted too. But I'm sure I'd change my mind if I ever met one or liked one.
Also, I agree on the too skinny part.

ChurchedAtheist

Your resident psycho hobo
FAR right wing people
close minded
too skinny(I actually prefer a little chubbiness)
too tan(it makes me feel too pale by comparison)
bigoted(racist,homophobic etc)
angry religious(the ones who go "all those evil fags are going to hell!!!!!" instead of "God is love" "Love one another" etc.)

Joey

Well I guess you could be right about that. I guess I was just being a dick since I've never encountered a fat woman who was nice to me or that I was attracted too. But I'm sure I'd change my mind if I ever met one or liked one.
Also, I agree on the too skinny part.

I have to admit, I may be a little biased. Remember that girl I lusted over late last year? Yeah, a little on the chunky side lol.

I think that may have skewed my preference away from skinny chicks.

twelve

I'm not dead
FAR right wing people
close minded
too skinny(I actually prefer a little chubbiness)
too tan(it makes me feel too pale by comparison)
bigoted(racist,homophobic etc)
angry religious(the ones who go "all those evil fags are going to hell!!!!!" instead of "God is love" "Love one another" etc.)
I can agree with most of that.

Having a tan doesn't bother me though, unless it's some stupid looking orange fake-tan. A natural tan looks great IMO.

The problem with skinny girls is that they feel very breakable and have no boobs.

Teowulf

<span style=height:2px;cursor:default;"></span>
Smoking, drug use, and alcohol all fall into one category for me (though smoking and drug use are 2 things I probably couldn't tolerate... alcohol use is easily tolerable so long as it's not too heavy.

Tattoos and piercings

Too fat or too skinny. I don't like them overweight, but I also don't like them anorexic.

Too right-leaning or too overzealous about religion. I can deal with them being religious, I just don't want them trying to convert me.

Mean(a mean person in general, racist, bigoted, etc)

Overachiever or underachiever. I don't want someone who spends all of their time working or none of it working.

Lacks decency. Either acts/dresses like a whore, or is just poorly mannered.

Bossmanuk

Contributor
I agree with most of the original post.

The problem with skinny girls is that they feel very breakable and have no boobs.

Phil hit the nail on the head there, its horrible!

Only one I would really disagree with is the clubbing every week thing, since I go clubbing 2-3 times per week as a university student. What I would say is the difference between going clubbing and having fun and going clubbing dressed as a tart, being a tart, and generally sleazing around.

As for girls on the chubby side, generally I'm not attracted to them, however I do find if you spend a lot of time around someone that is generally a great person, but slightly on the chubby side I wouldn't rule her out for that reason.

Seth

MD Party Room
Girls who think that I know more than them.
Someone who always texting(even tho I do it as well)
Someone who hates Tacos or Bacon or pie or Canada.
Someone who thinks I have to any games or gadget or cant tell when I upgraded from a ipod to a zune..
Someone who most "us" time talking about there problems when they know I got something going on...
Someone who cant with me being religious,spending time with god,praying,bible study,mass.(it be nice if they come with me even if they do care tho)
Other than that I open to everything else...Dont really mind if they smoke or any other things you guys listed.

Craig Fairfax

illuminati Vereran
Smoking. (I don't even need to explain how much I can't stand cigarettes.)
Dyke haircuts. (WTF if I wanted to fuck a 12 year old boy I'd become a priest)
Rail thin. (If I can use your ribs as a cheese grater, you're not the one)
Celibacy (shove that purity ring up your ass)
Yellow fucking teeth
MattColgate.jpg

Those and the use of hard drugs are big ones.

Someone who hates Tacos or Bacon or pie or Canada.
I had to re-read that cause I thought you said bacon pie, and I threw up in my mouth.

Bran

Yell
being a dumb ass (republican/communist fits here)
being part of an organized religion (believing in a magical god seems like a cop out to me, even if I wish magic were real I can't ignore science, I can ignore it if it's not a major part of someones life)
racist
sexist
tan
platinum blond (even worse with a combination of a tan)
judging anything before you try it (genres, video games, music, people, places, etc.)
fitting into a gender role
too serious (not crossing into the dumb ass role either though)
being under 18 (ass holes look too old)
too much hair (you know where)
too little hair (same deal)
waking up ass early
going to sleep ass early

that's all I can think of for now.

Joey

Please don't wear shirts that hug your fat if you know some of your rolls are going to flop out.
This is very true. I love me a big girl, but no matter who you are, you need to wear close that fit you.

Sorry, but if you're big, you just need to wear bigger clothes.