• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

[RELEASE] 5.03 TIFF Hello World

Status
Not open for further replies.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
My take on this is that if a HEN is to be released it should be for this exploit... Not that I'm discounting the work made by the people who worked on the GS exploit but, not everyone has the money to buy the darn game at the price it is sold right now (when I wanted to buy it, it was $80+).
Whatever way to unlock Kernel Mode that was found with the GS exploit, if DaX wanted to save it for later, I say let it. The hombrew scene right now has the break of the year.
Still we should respect whatever choice the dev's make and let them decide what they believe is best.

Elac

This is cool. The slim version of this exploit works on my 3000 with ofw 5.01 :cool:
Works every time I enter photos and scroll to that image.
Great job Matiaz!!

Looking forward to what this brings about.

randyb

This has worked for me :

-Download this first : RapidShare: Easy Filehosting

-Extract and put all of them in your psp/photo folder ..
(make sure you only have the slim file once in your photo folder and make sure you have h.bin in the root of the memory stick)

-Change your system language to English and completely reboot your psp (hold the power switch 3 seconds)

-Turn it back on and go to photo>memory stick in your xmb

-Now scroll VERY fast up and down , (as much as needed)

The amount of scrolls : (down - up - down - up --> hello world)

This worked for me!!! Very thanks:p

deathack

I got it working 10 times in a row.. And will work probably more..

It's funny how something unstable can seem stable with a little play around here and there.. If you follow all sorts of guide in this thread, all you need to do to allow the exploit to work is this:

Go into photos, let the PSP load the thumbnails properly until the black "Options" bar appear.. after it disappears, hold down the Down D-PAD button to quickly scroll to the last image, which is the tiff.. And that's how I get the exploit to work every single time.. *Doing it again as I type and it still works :)*

DemonHunt

It's funny how something unstable can seem stable with a little play around here and there.. If you follow all sorts of guide in this thread, all you need to do to allow the exploit to work is this:

Go into photos, let the PSP load the thumbnails properly until the black "Options" bar appear.. after it disappears, hold down the Down D-PAD button to quickly scroll to the last image, which is the tiff.. And that's how I get the exploit to work every single time.. *Doing it again as I type and it still works :)*

Deathhack, previous to reading your "mini guide" couldnt get it to work, I listened to you and it worked first time on my PSP 3006 (brought in Hong Kong)

Gentlemen, you never cease to amaze! Big thanks to Matiaz!

P.S. How the heck do I switch it off without taking the battery out, power button wont switch it off with the exploit running...

P.P.S My PSP does not have the PHOTO dir, but works just as well in the PICTURES dir, wonder why I am the only one with a dir with a different name...

lilspanyol

This worked for me!!! Very thanks:p

Glad to help!

-------------

Actually , now this exploit is working on all PSP's and is getting more stable,
I think matias should inform us wheter he is working on a Hen or not

(the gripshift HEN was Working 2 days after , someone said that on DAX forum)

So eh , let's wait

Imagine this taking 3 months :eek:

randyb

It worked one time for me

Jolan

Devil Trigger'd
Hmm.Seems like it's not working on my 4.05 Slim.I can actually get the thumbnail to load, then the picture loads and finally my PSP freezes.And the actual directory is ms0:/PSP/Photo/...

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
@Jolan:

As was said earlier do not expect this to work on FW earlier than 5.xx because of more than likely address changes. But as was said by various dev's DO NOT upgrade to more than 5.02 (i think that's the last firmware in which the GS exploit works) until dev's have decided what course of action to take.

Jolan

Devil Trigger'd
Thanks Kezra, I won't update then.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
No problem... Always willing to help ;)

deathack

Deathhack, previous to reading your "mini guide" couldnt get it to work, I listened to you and it worked first time on my PSP 3006 (brought in Hong Kong)

Gentlemen, you never cease to amaze! Big thanks to Matiaz!

P.S. How the heck do I switch it off without taking the battery out, power button wont switch it off with the exploit running...

P.P.S My PSP does not have the PHOTO dir, but works just as well in the PICTURES dir, wonder why I am the only one with a dir with a different name...

You are welcome DemonHunt :)

P.S #1: Just hold the power button long enough, it will switch off. What I realized is that if I do that, the network led green light will blink once before switching off. For me, I usually take the battery out. :p

P.S #2: PHOTO dir exists in lower firmwares when you format your memory stick via psp system settings (I can't rmb which, it was too long ago :p)
Good to know PICTURE dir also works ;) You can always create it manually X:\PSP\PHOTO

wololo

Honestly Wololo , do you think there will be something for the tiff exploit or the gripshift one :s

The tiff one give more peaple the opportunity to have a HEN then the gripshift one ..

Also , MaTiAz is informed about it working on 3k en ta-088v3 , right?
The HEN is not directly related to Gripshift or the Tiff exploit.

The issue is not Gripshift VS Tiff, but the fact that there is apparently a new Kernel exploit. It sort of made it to the same news as the Tiff exploit so people are confused, but it is a separate piece of news, really.

This is completely unrelated to the TIFF exploit or the Gripshift exploit. As far as I know, if a HEN is made out of this, there could be a version for both GS and the Tiff exploit actually.

deathack

Mini Guide on PSP Slim OFW 5.03

I'm bored and I thought I could just help some of you who still can't get the exploit to work on Official Firmware 5.03.

Reports claimed that the exploit can run on PSP 2000 and 3000. So this guide is not for phat coz I don't have one to try it on :p

1. Download the files here: http://www.4shared.com/get/98682481/89ada52c/503_tiff_exploit_MaTiAz.html
2. Copy and paste everything in the MSROOT folder into the root of your memory stick.
3. Go to Photo>Memory Stick and let the thumbnails load.
4. A black "Options" bar will appear and you should let it disappear.
5. After the black options bar has disappeared, now you can hold down the D-Pad Down Button until you reach the last image, the tiff.
6. If you continue holding the down button, you should definitely and most certainly get the Hello World.

It's not unstable after all :w00t:

tomplast

Source?

I have followed this thread but I can't remember reading about if the source code was available. So can anyone answer me on that? I would love to take a peek at the source code for the exploit :).

wololo

I have followed this thread but I can't remember reading about if the source code was available. So can anyone answer me on that? I would love to take a peek at the source code for the exploit :).

The source code is the tiff image itself. Nothing more, nothing less

tomplast

The source code is the tiff image itself. Nothing more, nothing less

Yes I understand that the tiff exploit makes it possibility for calling a binary file (h.bin in this case).

You can't just runt make_magic_hello_world_psp_program(); it must be created from a source code, I just wanted to see the source if possible, and perhaps see some technical information about the tiff exploit.

Aargh I cant really wait, I gotta go out and buy myself a PSP 3004 today :p.

Davee

lolhax
Yes I understand that the tiff exploit makes it possibility for calling a binary file (h.bin in this case).

You can't just runt make_magic_hello_world_psp_program(); it must be created from a source code, I just wanted to see the source if possible, and perhaps see some technical information about the tiff exploit.

Aargh I cant really wait, I gotta go out and buy myself a PSP 3004 today :p.

It was written in assembly mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.