• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

[RELEASE] 5.03 TIFF Hello World

Status
Not open for further replies.

guard3

PSP3004 Firmware 4.21

We need someone to confirm if 3k with 4.21 worked with this exploit.

Can i do manual update to 5.02 or 5.03 without going to sony.

lawrence27

We need someone to confirm if 3k with 4.21 worked with this exploit.

Can i do manual update to 5.02 or 5.03 without going to sony.

I have already tried over a hundred times but i cant get it to work, i have ofw 4.21
I have also tried the photo and language trick but still not working. I guess well just have to upgrade when a hen will be released..

Chathurga

I have already tried over a hundred times but i cant get it to work, i have ofw 4.21
I have also tried the photo and language trick but still not working. I guess well just have to upgrade when a hen will be released..

*sigh*

This is for version 5.03, the most recent useful PSP firmware version.
Nobody should care if it works on anything other than 5.03 as you can upgrade, there's no reason to stay on 4.21.

Edit: So there's more recent, it adds nothing.

wololo

*sigh*

This is for version 5.03, the most recent PSP firmware version.
Nobody should care if it works on anything other than 5.03 as you can upgrade, there's no reason to stay on 4.21.
I tend to disagree for reasons I've mentioned earlier already.
The problem currently is that lots of people believe they now have to upgrade, which is dangerous if this hack leads to nothing (this could still happen) or if something better is found on previous firmwares.
As far as I can tell, the issue with 4.xx is the same as the difference between Phat and slim: only a small difference in addresses.
It *should* be investigated: if an equivalent is found for 4.xx it would prevent all noobs of the world to upgrade to 5.03 and then regret it. But investigating this is time consuming, and we don't really care about noobs, do we? :p

Chathurga

No one should update to 5.03 just to try a PoC. If they do and this hits a dead end (although I think there's a 100% chance homebrew will come of the exploit), they deserve it.

Don't bother with earlier firmware until someone says "Right chaps, looks like version 5.03 is a no go". Then maybe other options should be looked at.

lawrence27

The problem currently is that lots of people believe they now have to upgrade, which is dangerous if this hack leads to nothing (this could still happen) or if something better is found on previous firmwares.
As far as I can tell, the issue with 4.xx is the same as the difference between Phat and slim: only a small difference in addresses.
It *should* be investigated: if an equivalent is found for 4.xx it would prevent all noobs of the world to upgrade to 5.03 and then regret it. But investigating this is time consuming, and we don't really care about noobs, do we? :p

I second the notion :D

guard3

:tup:

kryst abegnalie

wow i cant belive ive read this thread form page 1 to page 25 finding about the good news, great work Mathiaz, great work for the psp devs, ill try and test it in my phat psp, :)

dtom2444

wow, it took about 20 tries but YES, the slim.tiff file finally worked on my psp 3001 OFW 5.03!

AMAZING work guys! Can't wait to see where this leads to...;)

YouTube - PSP 3000 Hello World TIFF v2 Exploit

YouTube - PSP 3000 RUNING EXPLOIT TIFF 5.03

Works on PSP-3000k, these videos is very legit. User says he was using Firmware 5.02 on the first video

Code:
PSP Slim Hello World Exploit

I'm using my Japanese Radiant Red PSP 3000 and it seems that the exploit worked. The firmware is 5.02 if you're wondering as well.

===============
Download File
http://www.sendspace.com/file/9r2am5
===============

PSP 3000 Installation:

1) Extract the "26833_release_v2.zip" file

2) You'll see 4 files altogether inside that folder. (h.bin, phat.tiff, readme.txt, & slim.tiff)

3) Make sure you have a Memory Stick (MS) * Grab your PSP and connect to USB mode.

4) Copy the "h.bin" file onto the root of your MS. Then copy the "slim.tiff" file onto your MS_ROOT/PSP/PHOTO folder.

5) Copy any 8 random photos into your MS_ROOT/PSP/PHOTO folder. Altogether you should have 9 files in your PHOTO folder.

6) Full power down your PSP and turn it on. On the Cross Media Bar (XMB), go to "Photo" and down to "Memory Stick"; Click ENTER.

7) Wait for all the thumbnails to load. Scroll up down again and again and slowly go down until it goes into the HELLO WORLD exploit. (My video is a great example!)

Notice: It might freeze on the "XMB Photo" section, but you can keep trying until you get it right. Although this does nothing but brings you into the HELLO WORLD exploit screen, it's a good sign that it works on the PSP 3000. Until then, have fun with this experiment!

-P.S this won't screw up/break/brick your PSP 3000 system if your also wondering.

Thanks out to MaTiAz from the PSP Homebrew Scene.

lilspanyol

This has worked for me :

-Download this first : RapidShare: Easy Filehosting

-Extract and put all of them in your psp/photo folder ..
(make sure you only have the slim file once in your photo folder and make sure you have h.bin in the root of the memory stick)

-Change your system language to English and completely reboot your psp (hold the power switch 3 seconds)

-Turn it back on and go to photo>memory stick in your xmb

-Now scroll VERY fast up and down , (as much as needed)

The amount of scrolls : (down - up - down - up --> hello world)

chipster

FINALLY GOT IT TO WORK!! I HAD TO UPGRADE TO 5.03 THOUGH! Is that bad that I did that, because if it worked on the 5.03...then it shouldnt really matter about the security patch in 5.03 right? :S

wololo

FINALLY GOT IT TO WORK!! I HAD TO UPGRADE TO 5.03 THOUGH! Is that bad that I did that, because if it worked on the 5.03...then it shouldnt really matter about the security patch in 5.03 right?
honestly, you shouldn't have...
Now you've got a hello world, and the guarantee that if something gets done with the gripshift hack, you're screwed. Well done.

lilspanyol

Now you've got a hello world, and the guarantee that if something gets done with the gripshift hack, you're screwed. Well done.

Honestly Wololo , do you think there will be something for the tiff exploit or the gripshift one :s

The tiff one give more peaple the opportunity to have a HEN then the gripshift one ..

Also , MaTiAz is informed about it working on 3k en ta-088v3 , right?

Million

it seems the very people the GS exploit may help are rendering it useless , this POC is great but without something productive comming from it , it will probably do more harm than good.

What if Matiaz works for Sony *suspicous look*....lol .

tomcat70

By the way, where is matiaz? :sneaky2:
He is probably preparing for the release of the HEN.. yikes..

:w00t: Yes Folks! I hope so! This work is very good, but has to lead to the HEN!
I can' t wait for it!!!!:w00t::w00t:
Great Matiaz and great everyone that is working with him!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.