• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

[RELEASE] 5.03 TIFF Hello World

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaRKcLoUD-X

Ok, well i tested my setup on my brothers psp-2001 and i got it to work. The only thing i had to do differently was add one more file (one more dummy tif) I also tried changing the name of my folder from "Z" to "Tiff Exploit" but it stopped working so I had to change it back to Z.

Just Remember: No UMD, Use the Classic Theme, No other images, Do no start from hibernate mode! start from a fresh boot. You should be fine aslong as you have a firmware thats 5.0+, and you follow the rules from above.

With my setup you shouldn't have to do any scrolling in the photo folder on the psp. Just activate the Photo folder with "X" and when it opens it should automatically go to the hello world message. I may record a video of it later on, im somewhat busy right now, and i feel to lazy to get new batteries for my camera:p. My setup is having a 100% success rate for both the psp 2001 and psp 3001 I tested on, so hopefully it will work for you guys! Just so you know the psp 3001 has OFW 5.02 and the psp 2001 has OFW 5.03.

Note:Motherboard differences may effect the amount of dummy images/tifs you need or may even stop this setup from working but oh well, give it a try, if it doesn't work then copy the file "slima.tif" and rename it to "slim_.tif" ( the underscore "_"represents the next letter in alphabetical order. Or you could delete one of them?

If anyone is interested in my setup (for slim/brite) I tried to attach it below.
View attachment 82
Note: You still need the h.bin, i didn't provide it.

jeerum

PeeruEnn
Ok, well i tested my setup on my brothers psp-2001 and i got it to work. The only thing i had to do differently was add one more file (one more dummy tif) I also tried changing the name of my folder from "Z" to "Tiff Exploit" but it stopped working so I had to change it back to Z.

Just Remember: No UMD, Use the Classic Theme, No other images, Do no start from hibernate mode! start from a fresh boot. You should be fine aslong as you have a firmware thats 5.0+, and you follow the rules from above.

With my setup you shouldn't have to do any scrolling in the photo folder on the psp. Just activate the Photo folder with "X" and when it opens it should automatically go to the hello world message. I may record a video of it later on, im somewhat busy right now, and i feel to lazy to get new batteries for my camera:p. My setup is having a 100% success rate for both the psp 2001 and psp 3001 I tested on, so hopefully it will work for you guys! Just so you know the psp 3001 has OFW 5.02 and the psp 2001 has OFW 5.03.

Note:Motherboard differences may effect the amount of dummy images/tifs you need or may even stop this setup from working but oh well, give it a try, if it doesn't work then copy the file "slima.tif" and rename it to "slim_.tif" ( the underscore "_"represents the next letter in alphabetical order. Or you could delete one of them?

If anyone is interested in my setup (for slim/brite) I tried to attach it below.
View attachment 82
Note: You still need the h.bin, i didn't provide it.

I have a umd, and it still works on my psp3004 OFW 5.00

I only put the files uploaded by bumblebee in my Sandisk 2GB MS and Restore the default settings, go to the Photo's Menu, then....Click "X" on the MS and *before* it loads up the gallery i *inmidiately* press the "Down" Key on the D-Pad without letting it go 'til it reaches the end of the list where the poc is and it just loads itself up, it never fails in my PSP 3001 OFW 5.03.
Good luck.
----Also----
*I didn't have any UMD inside the PSP
*Remember to Switch Off the WLAN
*Leave the theme and the background as the default ones
*Never load anything before the gallery
*Don't release the D-Pad until you reach the end of the list (once you reach the poc you can release it), then you should see the thumbnails at the top of the list loading up and...BANG Hello World!
____________Sorry for my bad english, i can hardly speak my own language(spanish), let alone english XD

foodwings

It wouldn't work after trying for 20+ times until i reset the PSP to factory default and it hasn't froze on me and work every single time since.

PSP 3002 OFW 5.02

Cheetablaze

I had to tweak that file .zip a bit by darkcloud. I'm running a PSP 3001 5.02.. I noticed it froze every single time I went into the folder and I followed the instructions. So I added a folder called PICTURE to the main room with h.bin and PSP. It had all the same items as the PHOTO folder did. I just tested it and it worked 5 out of 5 times in a row automatically without me clicking a thing past photos. Thanks alot of for your help!! Now I just want to know "How many homeless people do I need to blow to get a HEN out of this" LOL.. IVE BEEN WAITING FOREVER!! Thanks again!

---------- Post added at 10:01 PM EST ---------- Previous post was at 10:00 PM EST ----------

after i got the hello world thing..what should i do next?the screen is freeze..

You wait for somebody to push out a HEN or something better for us all!

DaRKcLoUD-X

jeerum:
I have a umd, and it still works on my psp3004 OFW 5.00

Well jeerum, I said No UMD because letting the psp load the icon and background images off of the UMD can cause the exploit to freeze instead of loading the hello world message. The exploit will still work with the UMD in the drive/slot, its just that the psp automatically goes to GAME and hovers over UMD after turning the system on. If you stay over UMD for to long (like 2 seconds or something like that) it will load the icon and background. You probably already know that but im just letting you know :laugh:.

@Cheetablaze
So what exactly did you do? Put the images in the PICTURE folder instead? Meh, the psp can be finicky with this tiff stuff. Anyways I hope I helped you.

Cheetablaze

Well jeerum, I said No UMD because letting the psp load the icon and background images off of the UMD can cause the exploit to freeze instead of loading the hello world message. The exploit will still work with the UMD in the drive/slot, its just that the psp automatically goes to GAME and hovers over UMD after turning the system on. If you stay over UMD for to long (like 2 seconds or something like that) it will load the icon and background. You probably already know that but im just letting you know :laugh:.

@Cheetablaze
So what exactly did you do? Put the images in the PICTURE folder instead? Meh, the psp can be finicky with this tiff stuff. Anyways I hope I helped you.

On the memory card I have h.bin; PSP; PICTURE

Of course there is a folder called PHOTO inside of PSP. I copied PHOTO and renamed it into PICTURE and stuck it with the other 2 files. For some reason unknown it works literally everytime for me now. I did it 10 times in a row and it worked everytime. Before without the PICTURE folder it would just freeze/locke up without making it to black screen of awesomeness. I'm not sure if what I did will make a difference for others but it worked well for me. Thanks again!

otzotzotz

it works on my PSP-3000 with OFW 5.05 and UMD inside
5 dummy photos with a slim.tif in the PHOTO folder

just go into the photo folder and wait for 2 seconds
and I can see the hello world message:p

Fenrir

Pretty excited to see what does/doesnt come of this. Even if its a dead end it at least shows that the 3k series is not unbeatable.

ellipsis43

tried all posted setups only one that worked was bumblebees
confirmed working with usa psp3001 fw 5.03 first try and every try after great work guys!!
Hello sony

lihantao

Who can tell me
what can we do with a HEN

---------- Post added at 03:56 AM EST ---------- Previous post was at 03:55 AM EST ----------

what can wo do with a HEN

Status
Not open for further replies.