• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

[RELEASE] 5.03 TIFF Hello World

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
Thank u for ur reply, but i find this a bit weird. 1. I did not accuse him of anything 2. I merly asked him something, so that other communities users understand more of his background. I have been in the psp scene for many years and always try'd to contribute in one way or another since i dont have programming skills. I think his reaction was very good. But since u dont know me u can delete this post if desired.

On topic: looking forward to this, and i can help tests if necessary. I have a psp 3004 and fat.

There is no reason to provide the "background" on another user, it was not pertaining to the situation at all and just shows a bit of your character.

wimat

The only other way to install Custom FW on my PSP fat is by the use of Pandora, isn't that right? But I don't have one and also don't know a person who has/can help me with getting it...
Please give me a clear answer... Will the HEN made for this exploit be able to let me install Custom FW? If not what are other ways of doing it? Without use of Pandora or hardmodding.

Thanks to the one who answers :)

EDIT: I know I asked this multiple times, but each time I get a different answer...

radiodemon

The only other way to install Custom FW on my PSP fat is by the use of Pandora, isn't that right? But I don't have one and also don't know a person who has/can help me with getting it...
Please give me a clear answer... Will the HEN made for this exploit be able to let me install Custom FW? If not what are other ways of doing it? Without use of Pandora or hardmodding.

EDIT: I know I asked this multiple times, but each time I get a different answer...

Well now that I think about it, this may allow you to install custom firmware (on fat) but I dooubt any developers would work on it until they find a way to put custom fw on Slim v3 / 3000 and that means they still need to find a way to use a custom pre-IPL.

Lampworker

Any psp with firmware above 3.50 and any slim requires pandora's battery to hack.

Other options currently are only for fat psp's and are firmware based:
1.51-2.80 can downgrade using only software (the last tiff exploit)
2.81-3.03 Can use GTA:LCS unpatched - the actual UMD and difficult for most people to come by
2.81-3.50 can use the lumines one - the actual UMD and easier for people to come by.

-CURRENTLY- Anything over 3.50 needs pandora and has no other option... currently.

wimat

So that will be very hard to find... I guess I'll just have to do the best I can to get one.
Thanks for the help!
And sorry if the mods think my posts are offtopic...

Davee

lolhax

It will.

Jimkill

Im just generally curious at the delay of the hen release, im not really in that big of a hurry(I actually purchase my games) and just want homebrew access. Is there a need to change some of the code for the hen to get it to access kernel on different systems... (i/e: slim vs brite)

Temet

Sorry to break the general happiness here but I'm not so sure the exploit works for all.
I bought a PSP recently (shipped with 5.02 fw) and stupidily upgraded it to 5.03.

Now, I tried just for fun (and also I thought "I'm all but a lucky guy, I'm sure it won't work for me") ... it's not complicated, no need a high degree to run the exploit... but my PSP always freezes and switch off.

I tried several vaudou methods explained on a french website dedicated to PSP (pspgen) but nothing works.

PS : I saw some other PSP 3000 owers who couldn't run the exploit.

PS2 : I would be more than happy to be wrong! ;)

G0l3m

I had to try it like 50 or more times until it didn`t just freeze or load the thumpnail.

So keep on trying. It will work.

EvilSeph

Administrator
Thank u for ur reply, but i find this a bit weird. 1. I did not accuse him of anything 2. I merly asked him something, so that other communities users understand more of his background. I have been in the psp scene for many years and always try'd to contribute in one way or another since i dont have programming skills. I think his reaction was very good. But since u dont know me u can delete this post if desired.

On topic: looking forward to this, and i can help tests if necessary. I have a psp 3004 and fat.

You called out Davee as if you knew what you were talking about. You pretty much said "if you're not <name of known hacker here> you're not capable of doing this" and that is an attack on Davee.

Whether or not Davee confirmed your knowledge or assumptions of his background makes no difference...as it would still be just his word against yours. Him claiming to have a kernel POC is the same thing as him claiming to know all those languages...they're just claims in your eyes so I don't really see the need for your questioning - it won't change anything.

His reaction may have been "good" but you have no idea how much trouble you cause within the Scene by posting these things. People start questioning whether someone is skilled enough to pull something "DA could not do" based on whether or not they have released anything.

Team C+D has proven anyone with this mentality wrong already, let's not go there again.

JonyJonJon

I finnaly got my exploit working (after 345264 tries) this morning... lol and now it runs smoothly almost every time.

My question is after we get the "hello word" how do we get out of it? just by preesing the powerbutton for some time?? or its suposed to turn off automaticly like it happens when it crashes.

thedicemaster

remove the battery, or hold the power button.

waiting will only turn off the screen after a while(unless you disabled the power saving features on your psp)

lilspanyol

Davee , you just made your name go in the history books!

I do NOT want to rush this , but a little news about how's it going with the HEN developing would be nice :) ..

Correct me if I'm wrong , but the last day the HEN will be released is April the 21st?
Just curious :p

Also ; How will this work? When you release your HEN , you just give us a new H.bin file or what?

Also , I have (yet another) question ..
The only way to get out of the PoC is to hard reset your PSP (battery out , holding your power switch for 10 seconds) , how would the HEN work then :huh:, because the HEN isn't active anymore when you hard reset is , Have you found a way around this , or can you fix it with programming?

I hope you wil answer some of this (hopefully all:p) and

PS. how are the exams going?

Lampworker

A general summary recommendation for posting in this thread:

Well seems like this post had to be written sooner or later as it will likely be a common question for awhile.

Q: Oh no! My psp will not load hello world / the tiff exploit!
A: You may have read this before, but please read it again: IT IS NOT STABLE
Stop, now look up again. Read it again.

Really there is currently nothing that has shown to be 100% accurate in making it load, other than patience. Sure, others recommendations and methods may help, or they may not. Feel free to try them, if we find a method that gets it to load 100% across the board for all people, It would be a done deal.

This has not happened.

However, there is no hardware based psp out there that should stop it from working. The firmware seems to be rather important though.

On one side, there is an argument to not update any higher than your current firmware because there might be an exploit for lower firmware.

On the other, if you want to test this, you should be on firmware 5.00 or higher. Remember, if your psp is freezing or turning off: IT IS trying to do something, it's just failing to get around to loading the exploit.

So to anyone that says it doesn't 'work' if it's even freezing or turning off your psp, to a degree it is working. You really should either keep trying to get it to load, try others methods for getting it to load, or just wait from there to be a reason to get it to load (something more than hello world... remember all, waiting is really all you can do at this point).

Please be sensible with this guys. It's easy to understand that everyone wants this to take off, and I believe it will soon. But poking it with a stick isn't helpful or accomplishing anything productive. If you want clarification on things related to this, or to ask questions about x, or y, that's fine. But posts such as:
Doesn't work!
When will it do something!
PSP just freezes!

Do not help. If you want to post your experiences with it, really there isn't a problem with that, but be sure to include as much detail as possible explaining your attempts. 1 try is not enough. 10 tries is not enough. 50 tries is not enough. After trying 1000 times, and using the other methods for trying to get it to load, then post. (This is kind of blown out of proportion, but hopefully will give you the idea).

And no, I'm not staff, just trying to offer reasonable advise. :)

thedicemaster

the current h.bin only contains code to display some text, and then freeze.

a HEN h.bin(if the same filename is used) is programmed to load a CFW off the memorystick, and continue in that FW.

Archaemic

Close, but not quite accurate. A HEN h.bin doesn't load a CFW, it modifies the state of the OFW in RAM to allow homebrew, hence the name. Of course, that state isn't persistent over restarts of the PSP, so it needs to be re-run every time the PSP reboots.

jeerum

PeeruEnn
h.bin dont freeze, my display goes to power saving and after button pushing it comes back to hello world!
PSP3004 OFW 5.00

thedicemaster

well, it's not a complete freeze like seen in crashes.
only the application(in this case the h.bin) freezes, the basic firmware-functions such as automatic disabling of the screen, screen brightness, and forced shutdown will still work.(and since the PSP thinks it's still in the xmb, and the memory is all messed up, you can't escape with the home button)

Akumetsu

First of All, Thanks To MaTiAz ,Davee and the others (i don't remember the names XDD). I hope that you will find a good way to install the CF or maybe an ISO Loader :p

Otherwise, i tryed the exploit with a PSP-2004 (TA-088v3) & OFW 5.03 and it works very often, also using a 4GB Fake MS so don't worry about your memory, it seems that its doesn't affect the exploit after all.

(sorry for my bad english XD)

Status
Not open for further replies.