• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

[RELEASE] 5.03 TIFF Hello World

Status
Not open for further replies.

wololo

That was a Gripshift thing. Gripshift is well... kinda gone.

People have to understand that these two events (gripshift and the tiff exploit) revealed 4 exploits, not 2.
The Gripshift exploit (User)
The tiff Exploit (User)
joek's Kernel exploit
Davee's Kernel exploit

So joek's Kernel exploit is "not a gripshift thing", the same way Davee's exploit is not tightly linked to the Tiff exploit.
Not that I've seen either of those, but I wouldn't understand if it were otherwise.

OMG HACKS

Guess we will have to wait until Friday,Saturday,Sunday.Moday or even Tuesday to know what the HEN is really capable of...

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
Guess we will have to wait until Friday,Saturday,Sunday.Moday or even Tuesday to know what the HEN is really capable of...

Don't get your hopes too high :p

OMG HACKS

Yah I know but i jus cant help it.With all the stuff thats been going on lately and with everyone elses hopes up..Well u can guess the rest :D.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
As long as I can use PSPComic I'll be a happy camper :D

magixien

Ohhh. sorry. I guess it was a coincidence or something that Miriam found the exploit that joek already had found before.

You can joke about it as you want, Miriam don't stole anything.
He finds this exploit alone. joek finds it before ? great but what else ? joek don't gives this to miriam, Miriam finds it himself... and he makes a perfect working HEN. So please, respect him and his work.

To come back to this TIFF exploit, it is really interessing but is it really the good moment to release it

Because of the non hacked psp-3000, he editors starts again to release some games on PSP. Is it really the good moment to destroy this restart ?

The other question is "was it really a good idea from matiaz to release a tiff exploit now instead of waiting the new PSP ?"

And "is it really a good idea to loose perhaps the only one chance to hack easyly the new PSP with this known holes (but no published) if Sony just use an evolution of actual firmware on it ?

I really think that waiting a little bit the news PSP and hack it is more interessing that giving homebrews and iso access to psp-3000 now...

If all this stuff is released we can be sure that this tiff hole will be patched on future firmware and so.. on future psp.

Perhaps my english is not enough good to be understand well... sorry.

Adiuvo

I doubt game developers are immediatlly going to stop producing games because of this exploit. It hasn't even turned into something that can support ISOs yet, and it doesn't look like it'll be able to for a long while.

wololo

To come back to this TIFF exploit, it is really interessing but is it really the good moment to release it
ta88v3 users have been waiting for this for 8 months.
PSP300 owners have been waiting for 6 months.
So you're right, it's not the good moment to release this, the good moment was 8 months ago, too bad we didn't find this earlier :p
Sorry for my sarcasm, I usually agree with what you say, but I disagree with you here.

It is sad that hacking enables piracy, and it will harm the sales in the long run, but there's so much you can wait. Wait... until what? Until the PSP dies completely?
You have to think of homebrew devs too. It's not motivating to work on a platform that is slowly dying. a HEN on the new models will give a great boost to homebrew development on the PSP :)

magixien

I doubt game developers are immediatlly going to stop producing games because of this exploit. It hasn't even turned into something that can support ISOs yet, and it doesn't look like it'll be able to for a long while.

doubt if you want... but believe me, if the latest psp is hackable, editors can stop very quickly developpement. Why producing for nothing back ?

Please read this : ANOZOR

apex

doubt if you want... but believe me, if the latest psp is hackable, editors can stop very quickly developpement. Why producing for nothing back ?

Please read this : ANOZOR

If people create good games people WILL buy it. OR they can create like a key code... Or an online account, or ship it with hardware you need to use it.

wololo

@MaGiXieN:
Well sony's to blame in the first place for their "15 years late" business model on the PSP.
If developing for the PSP didn't cost more than 4000$, they would probably have more games. Remember that it costs 100$ on the iphone, and Apple don't spit at your face if you're not Square Enix.
Sony's business strategy for third party software sucks. They're trying to correct this with PSN, but the dev kit is still a holy grail that only "trusted" developers can access. And it's too late for them anyways, Nintendo, Apple and Google understood how it works, Sony was too proud for that.
So they partly deserve what they get

OMG HACKS

Magixen if u are insisting that this new hack for psp 3000 not be released i think that really sux.

COnsidering all the wating psp 3000 users have went through.The gripshift HEN was not realeased now ur saying this one should be the same thing!!!grrrr Maxigen i really hope i read ur quote wrong...

Fox the Sly

Soul Controller
So does this Darkcloud.v2 working for anyone??

It works 90% for me, noting the following:

PSP-3001
Firmware 5.01 (pre-loaded when I bought it)
Classic Theme (color doesn't matter)
No UMD in drive
WLAN On or Off (doesn't matter)
Fresh Boot-up (Hibernate worked once, can't get it to work again)
Go straight to Photo
Press X and immediately hold down on the D-pad

OMG HACKS

I agree with wololo though we have waited a long time and the homebrew scene is slowly dying.. More watitng means more death to psp homebrew developers until there is few in the world..

magixien

ta88v3 users have been waiting for this for 8 months.
PSP300 owners have been waiting for 6 months.
So you're right, it's not the good moment to release this, the good moment was 8 months ago, too bad we didn't find this earlier :p
Sorry for my sarcasm, I usually agree with what you say, but I disagree with you here.

It is sad that hacking enables piracy, and it will harm the sales in the long run, but there's so much you can wait. Wait... until what? Until the PSP dies completely?
You have to think of homebrew devs too. It's not motivating to work on a platform that is slowly dying. a HEN on the new models will give a great boost to homebrew development on the PSP :)

Boost homebrews scene with psp-3000 ? lol
Be realist Wololo... psp-3000 represents 12% of our active community but at least, how many percents about 50 millions of psp in the world ? Nothing significative now.

For the price of 3 psp games, you can buy a preowned PSP and flash it. And so access easily to the underground world... is it really a big problem ?

I just want you ask yourself: "is it the real good moment ?" After if you release, it's your choice and people will love you... I don't do it with 5.02HEn-a but i can... too :)

CARLO86

psp slim 0fw 5.03

hi everyone, im new here. can somebody tel me y the tiff exploit isnt working on my psp? wat did i do wrong? i just followed the instructions, but when i go the photo menu and open the file, my psp just went off. but there's no problem in turning it on again..

Status
Not open for further replies.