• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

[RELEASE] Install 5.50-GEN-D3 with Rec.Flasher (FW-Pack)

Hellcat

Contributor
18.05.2010: Updated to v1.10

Hey folks.

Here's a long promised Firmware-Pack (AddOn) for Recovery Flasher.

With this you can install 5.50-GEN-D3 directely with Recovery Flasher, no more need to first flash a M33 and then run the GEN installer, just hop directely to GEN - for those who want to.

Using is kinda easy, pick the .RFP file from the archive matching your PSP and copy it alongside the 550.PBP onto the root of your memstick.
In Recovery Flasher select "load from external FW pack" on the version selection, choose the Pack and off you go, it'll install the GEN then.

Needs Recovery Flasher 1.60.

Have fun :)

[ Download ]

InfinitiProject

"Whoa is that a girl on this team!?"
Hells yeah! At first I was thinking "someone else made this using HC's tool" (which I wasn't going to download).
But then when I saw that you posted this, I was like "oh yeah! definitely going on my PSP now!"

If I decide to downgrade from OFW, this will be the pack i'll use.
Recovery Flasher has never left my PSP ever. That's how much I love it :love:

/inb4coolstorybro

tl;dr
Thanks much Hellcat! Again, this maintenance tool is HIGHLY recommended for all CFW-ready PSPs :D

imported_ruyor

Tried it from 3.40 OE and system software was displaying 5.50 GEN D (Full)?

Since you were running 3.40 OE you have a Phat, 5.50 GEN-D3 shows up as 5.50 GEN-D (Full) on Phats for some reason ;)

kamenrider

Since you were running 3.40 OE you have a Phat, 5.50 GEN-D3 shows up as 5.50 GEN-D (Full) on Phats for some reason ;)

It was showing as 5.50 gen d3 on my phat before i downgraded to 3.40 OE to specifically test if upgrading from 3.40 OE straight to gen d3 would work.

also it was only showing 5.50 gen d full on phats for those that never used the final release of xgen updater v5.

Hellcat

Contributor
It was showing as 5.50 gen d3 on my phat before i downgraded to 3.40 OE to specifically test if upgrading from 3.40 OE straight to gen d3 would work.

also it was only showing 5.50 gen d full on phats for those that never used the final release of xgen updater v5.
Well, just let me know if there's any real issues (stuff not working) and we'll se what we can do :)

elite

Oldie moldie
Hellcat, you implemented 5.50 GEN-D3 Final or the normal 5.50 GEN-D3?

kamenrider

Well, just let me know if there's any real issues (stuff not working) and we'll se what we can do :)

No vsh menu. Assumed this was disabled. Tried to access recovery console from cold start but nothing happens and PSP boots up as normal.

EDIT:

OK..so i've tested from the following

PHAT - Displays 5.50 GEN D (Full) as the system software
1.50 OFW
3.40 OE
3.71 M33
3.90 M33
5.00 M33

The only firmware with an issue is 3.40 OE whereby the recovery console is inaccessible.

SLIM - Displays 5.50 GEN-D3 as the system software
3.71 M33
4.01 M33
5.03 chickhen r2

No issues so far

Hellcat

Contributor
Hellcat, you implemented 5.50 GEN-D3 Final or the normal 5.50 GEN-D3?
Hit #1 on goolge.... was the d/l from eXo....
Can you link me to the absolute, total, final release of the D3 installer?

No vsh menu. Assumed this was disabled. Tried to access recovery console from cold start but nothing happens and PSP boots up as normal.

EDIT:
The only firmware with an issue is 3.40 OE whereby the recovery console is inaccessible.
Yeah, we had the VSH menu not popping up during testing as well, until we figured it defaulted to "Disabled" on Slim PSPs (defaults to "Enabled" on Fats though).
Once enabled from the recovery menu it worked.

But since you say "only when coming from 3.40OE" it has troubles, I might have an idea about some small thing I might need to fix....

OK, I'll check that one thing and also check on having the latest D3 files, so expect an update during the week ;)

Hellcat

Contributor
@kamenrider:
Thanks for that link, d/l'ing it as I type and going to refetch the GEN files :)

Also checked about the 3.40oe thing, there's indeed a small oversight that causes described issue (VSH menu and rec.menu not working) when flashing from CFW's prior 3.52m33-4.

Like said, expect an update soonish :)