• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PSP Rumor: PSP2 Hitting Development Slump

KezraPlanes

Just some dood

Hellcat

Contributor
Of course it "exists" - 1st parties are already developing their launch titles.

Just a matter of "when will it be available for 3rd parties" and "when will I be able to order my JP import".... :)

Spiros

Maiki
Wow, I thought after E3, with the new ad campaign to support the PSPgo that they wouldn't reveal a successor to the PSP for like atleast 1.5-2 years. Can't wait until they reveal it, would love to read about the specs.

Just googled CES, I'm guessing it's the Consumers Electronics Show that's being referred to. Wouldn't Sony be more likely to reveal something like the PSP2 at a more gaming-specific convention?

CES is on Jan. 6-9, which is ages away, but still much sooner then I was expecting, although I did have all my fingers crossed for a TGS reveal this year.

Adiuvo

Revealing it at CES makes it certain that it'll be the talk of the show, which something like TGS or E3 doesn't necessarily guarantee.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I still think we'll see it at TGS but an unveil at CES could work. The PSP was sort of positioned as a jack of all trades multimedia device during its inception. I wouldn't be surprised if Sony expanded on that concept with the PSP2. Hopefully this time they'll pull it off right.

MenaceInc

Staff Member
I still think we'll see it at TGS but an unveil at CES could work. The PSP was sort of positioned as a jack of all trades multimedia device during its inception. I wouldn't be surprised if Sony expanded on that concept with the PSP2. Hopefully this time they'll pull it off right.

Personally, I'd like just some upgraded specs and the ability to run homebrew legit. I want a portable N64 emu goddamit D:

Yes, I know there's daedalus but it's not really usable to me.

Mr. Beefy

Suck It Trebek
Personally, I'd like just some upgraded specs and the ability to run homebrew legit. I want a portable N64 emu goddamit D:

Yes, I know there's daedalus but it's not really usable to me.

If you can get your hands on a Pandora I would try that.

Joey

I totally don't understand what this is supposed to mean... What does a power overage... Like, do? Are they exploding, or just running down the batter too fast?

Color me retarded.

MenaceInc

Staff Member
I totally don't understand what this is supposed to mean... What does a power overage... Like, do? Are they exploding, or just running down the batter too fast?

Color me retarded.

I would of thought that it was that the chipset required too much power and it was more than what the power system could provide.

Hellcat

Contributor
Yeah, sounds to me too like it's draining the battery too quickly.

Like you got a running time of 1h until you need to charge again or something.

Spiros

Maiki
So it's just like the original, yeah? ;D

I'm sure when I first got my PSP, I could play for like 7 hours on a single charge. Even now, after playing it for years the battery probably lasts like 2 hours on a single charge.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
I'm sure when I first got my PSP, I could play for like 7 hours on a single charge. Even now, after playing it for years the battery probably lasts like 2 hours on a single charge.

Only two hours? o_O My old PSP-1000 that I used day in, day out and eventually sold to a close friend has the same battery that came with it and still lasts about 6 hours.

MenaceInc

Staff Member

I was making a joke about all the controversy and bad press the PSP got when it was released over battery life.

Spiros

Maiki
Only two hours? o_O My old PSP-1000 that I used day in, day out and eventually sold to a close friend has the same battery that came with it and still lasts about 6 hours.

Mine is a PSP1000 aswell, I got it just after launch, and it has been my main console really because I travel quite a bit, so I've used the shit out of it, guess it's just the amount of times I've charged it.

Also 2 hours does seem low now that I think of it, probably closer to 3 hours, maybe a tiny bit more.

I was making a joke about all the controversy and bad press the PSP got when it was released over battery life.

Had forgotten about that.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
Mine is a PSP1000 aswell, I got it just after launch, and it has been my main console really because I travel quite a bit, so I've used the shit out of it, guess it's just the amount of times I've charged it.

Also 2 hours does seem low now that I think of it, probably closer to 3 hours, maybe a tiny bit more.

Had forgotten about that.

That sounds more realistic actually xD

Anyways, I think the big controversy here is the fact that the Tegra 2 is much more powerful and battery consuming than nVidia engineers told Sony hardware division. Which kinda makes sense when you hype a chip do a big company and then the cons come bites you in the arse.