• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

The How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb party room HD remix 2 turbo

Seth

MD Party Room
2d8sKO7.gif

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I finished up Last of Us today. Best ending ever in a video game, really well done.

slicer4ever

Coding random shit
I finished up Last of Us today. Best ending ever in a video game, really well done.
out of curiosity what part did you really enjoy from it(or where did you consider the end to have started)? It was good imo, but i don't know if i'd go with best ending ever. (although too be fair, as i think about what game i considered has the best ending ever, i don't really have an answer.)

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
out of curiosity what part did you really enjoy from it(or where did you consider the end to have started)? It was good imo, but i don't know if i'd go with best ending ever. (although too be fair, as i think about what game i considered has the best ending ever, i don't really have an answer.)

Part of what made it so good was the character development throughout. Huge spoilers within so don't click if you haven't finished it.
At the end, I didn't want to see Joel or Ellie die, so it was really satisfying in that respect. That scene where Joel lied and said the fireflies stopped looking for a cure was really powerful. I can't really say any other endings in a video game had the same emotional impact.

LocutusEstBorg

I'm not getting Battlefield 4. It looks exactly the same as Battlefield 3 and now costs as much as a 32GB iPod touch. Won't get scammed again like with all the CoDs I bought. The moment I suspect something's turning into a "cash grab first gamer last" operation I'm gonna boycott the company. Never buy another EA or Activision especially not with the %350 price hike here.

I'd rather spend money on in-game items like in Dota 2 where they do everything for the benefit of the gamer first.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
I'm not getting Battlefield 4. It looks exactly the same as Battlefield 3 and now costs as much as a 32GB iPod touch. Won't get scammed again like with all the CoDs I bought. The moment I suspect something's turning into a "cash grab first gamer last" operation I'm gonna boycott the company. Never buy another EA or Activision especially not with the %350 price hike here.

I'd rather spend money on in-game items like in Dota 2 where they do everything for the benefit of the gamer first.

Why haven't you left that country yet! That's ridiculous. I played BF4 at E3 and frankly - it's BF3 with more explosions, not missing out on anything big.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
BF4 does come off as a relabeled expansion. I'll be busy with Watch_Dogs and Killzone: SF anyway, so will wait until it's heavily discounted before getting it.

Granted, I think the big draw is 64 players now on consoles. PC already had that in 3 though, so nothing new for me.

LocutusEstBorg

How do people play with "gaming" headsets? I can't even imagine wearing a headset for hours at a time while gaming. Even high quality $250 IEMs don't even remotely come close to the immersion and physical feedback of an entry level 5.1 HTIB.

It's just too substandard even with the headsets with holophonic downmixing (X-Fi CMSS3D Headphone still objectively curbstomps Dolby Headphone and all headsets use Dolby Headphone which cannot produce any sound effects behind your 180 degree FOV). Then there are other problems like half your programs still using the default playback device instead of the USB headset.

LocutusEstBorg

BF4 does come off as a relabeled expansion. I'll be busy with Watch_Dogs and Killzone: SF anyway, so will wait until it's heavily discounted before getting it.

I can preorder seven new games at launch price for the cost of BF4 Premium. SEVEN!

Batman Arkham Origins, Watch Dogs, Lost Planet 3, Assassin's Creed IV, Splinter Cell Blacklist...

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
How do people play with "gaming" headsets? I can't even imagine wearing a headset for hours at a time while gaming. Even high quality $250 IEMs don't even remotely come close to the immersion and physical feedback of an entry level 5.1 HTIB.

It's just too substandard even with the headsets with holophonic downmixing (X-Fi CMSS3D Headphone still objectively curbstomps Dolby Headphone and all headsets use Dolby Headphone which cannot produce any sound effects behind your 180 degree FOV). Then there are other problems like half your programs still using the default playback device instead of the USB headset.
You get used to them. I love my A40's.

It's also mandatory is households like mine to keep things quiet at night with small kids. There is a downside though. One night my daughter snuck out of bed while I was playing Gears 3 and was watching me play for some length of time unnoticed.

I immediately dashboarded when I noticed and asked her what she was doing. She replied "A man fall down?"

I was crushed. It's funny how a toddler processes that type of gore without knowing what guns or violence is.

LocutusEstBorg

You get used to them. I love my A40's.

It's also mandatory is households like mine to keep things quiet at night with small kids. There is a downside though. One night my daughter snuck out of bed while I was playing Gears 3 and was watching me play for some length of time unnoticed.

I immediately dashboarded when I noticed and asked her what she was doing. She replied "A man fall down?"

I was crushed. It's funny how a toddler processes that type of gore without knowing what guns or violence is.
I was actually just thinking of PC games since people with decent gaming rigs usually have properly arranged setups where you'd get the full benefit of a 5.1 system. But people like that still use stereo headsets.

I also don't get why anyone would pay hundreds of $$$ for a non-audiophile headset over a Sennheiser or something.The 2D positioning of most games audio is very good when you select headphone mode and doesn't really need 7.1 downmixed yet again by an external device where the downmixer has no access to the individual sound effects and their 3D coordinates to apply proper HRTFs (unlike a driver level HRTF like CMSS3D which downmixes the individual effects based on their coordinates).

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
The A40's are amazing, even when compared to a proper 5.1 surround setup (I'm using Logitech Z-5500 setup for surround). The magic isn't so much in the headset itself, it's in the mixamp that Astro uses. I have found that they offer the best virtual surround experience you can get - pair that with any headset you want (I personally have been using my A40s since they're extremely comfortable to wear for long sessions). You tend to notice more sounds when wearing a headset than when listening to an open surround sound setup in my experience.

It might be worth giving Razer's free virtual surround sound solution a shot for headphones (they just unveiled it a few weeks ago, the name escapes me for now).

I've currently got my A40 hooked up to my PC via USB and Xbox 360 via optical cable. While the sound isn't as powerful as my speaker setup, I prefer it for FPS games just because I feel slightly more immersed and can hear different details as my speaker system. If anything it's worth checking out - when I first wore my headset I thought I didn't have it on and was actually listening to my Z550s...true statement.

Sometimes you just have to forgo all the technical shit and just try it out for yourself

LocutusEstBorg

I've extensively tried several holophonic encoders for listening to old quadraphonic tapes on my Klipsch X10i. Tried Dolby Headphone, Dolby Virtual Speaker, CMSS3D Headphone, CMSS3D for Speakers and just tried Razer Surround. The X-Fi cards come with CMSS3D.

CMSS3D and Razer Surround have the best positioning behind the head. Razer seems to boost the bass excessively. The others just sucked...

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
Onions...god damn onions. That's ridiculous. I could understand stealing apples and oranges, but onions!? Crazy down there