• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

The How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb party room HD remix 2 turbo

LocutusEstBorg

i'm quite doubtful the iphone 5 really ups the game that much.
It does; in terms of performace and responsiveness. The touchscreen input lag has been reduced drastically compared to before. Even if you put your finger on the screen and scroll up & down rapidly, the point you touched remains anchored to your finger. On Android, it would be scrolling in the opposite direction you're sliding your finger. When you tap an icon on the iPhone 5, the very instant your begin to remove your finger the app icon starts expanding to full screen and the app launches. There isn't a single instance of stuttering or slowdown anywhere. It completely blows everything else out of the game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=E406xXr4Mok#t=124s

All the browsers on Android are laggy and unresponsive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=E406xXr4Mok#t=294s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=E406xXr4Mok#t=379s

Seth

MD Party Room
kibbles 'n' bits

Seth

MD Party Room
It does; in terms of performace and responsiveness. The touchscreen input lag has been reduced drastically compared to before. Even if you put your finger on the screen and scroll up & down rapidly, the point you touched remains anchored to your finger. On Android, it would be scrolling in the opposite direction you're sliding your finger. When you tap an icon on the iPhone 5, the very instant your begin to remove your finger the app icon starts expanding to full screen and the app launches. There isn't a single instance of stuttering or slowdown anywhere. It completely blows everything else out of the game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=E406xXr4Mok#t=124s

All the browsers on Android are laggy and unresponsive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=E406xXr4Mok#t=294s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=E406xXr4Mok#t=379s
I kind of hate to say it but your where pretty much right on the whole android thing. I ended up going to the note 2 and while i have my phone i pretty much end up spending more time tweaking this phone to how I want it to run over just letting my phone be. I still cant stand half the iphone did does, and I am pissed off at how crappy this camera [ I dont know any review with eyes cant say this is a better cam ] is and how andorid does it whole wifi thing. im not sure if it was worth the trade off but I do enjoy my note 2 over a nonjailborken iphone 5.

Also can I just say I Fucking hate like really FUcking Hate wakelocks on andorid. Fucking dumbasses.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I dunno, my Galaxy Nexus running Jelly Bean feels responsive enough. I wouldn't call it sluggish at all. Room for improvement, yes. The iPhone still has the edge in this area but it's not that drastic of a difference like it was with earlier Android revisions. If Google hadn't made significant improvements by now I would have switched but so far I am happy with 4.x.

LocutusEstBorg

The only reason keeping my from going back to iOS is the lack of a permanent exploit on the current devices. Can't even reinstall the firmware without Apple's permission? It should be fucking illegal and banned in many countries.

My biggest problem with Android is the input lag. It's not the framerate. The framerate is high but it still takes well over 100ms to recognise any kind of touch. It's impossible to play games like Canabalt or The Impossible Game.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
I hear the Westboro Baptist Church is coming to town. I don't think I'll be able to control myself if they really show up.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
I was doing some reading and I guess they fund a good chunk of their activities from lawsuits from people who do snap.

I grew up in the town bordering Newtown and their will be no shortage of people snapping if they do protest the funerals.

Personally, I don't think even their protestors will have the balls to show up here.

slicer4ever

Coding random shit
i can't imagine they'd show up, if they do, i would not be surprised if they don't leave in body bags. they are the lowest, but to lower the bar that far is just utterly insane. It's just begging to be killed at that point.

Seth

MD Party Room
Just found out that Anonymous hacks Westboro

Moose

Meta Moose
Does anyone have any opinions on the Nexus 7? I'm starting to think a 24 month phone contract is a waste of time so I might just pick up a cheap SIM-only alongside a crappy Nokia and carry around a tablet for whenever I need to dip my toes into the web and what not.

EDIT: Especially considering to get an iPhone on the cheaper tariffs would cost me about £150 upfront for the phone itself. What a joke.

Adiuvo

I don't have a Nexus 7 but I do have an HP Touchpad and it works great for web-browsing. A Nexus 7 would only be better.

You probably would want to carry it in a backpack though. I've held one and walking around with that in my pocket wouldn't be comfortable.

LocutusEstBorg

Does anyone have any opinions on the Nexus 7? I'm starting to think a 24 month phone contract is a waste of time so I might just pick up a cheap SIM-only alongside a crappy Nokia and carry around a tablet for whenever I need to dip my toes into the web and what not.

EDIT: Especially considering to get an iPhone on the cheaper tariffs would cost me about £150 upfront for the phone itself. What a joke.
I tried that and it got annoying real quick. You need one device and it needs to be a phone. The only exception I'd make is for a PS Vita.

Moose

Meta Moose
You mean you don't consider tablets worthwhile at all? I don't play games too much anymore which is why I think a tablet might suit me better.

Adiuvo, have you used the Nexus 7? Would you be able to write a quick summary about what you thought of it?

LocutusEstBorg

You mean you don't consider tablets worthwhile at all? I don't play games too much anymore which is why I think a tablet might suit me better.

Adiuvo, have you used the Nexus 7? Would you be able to write a quick summary about what you thought of it?

No; especially not the Wi-Fi-only ones. When you can't use it for browsing because there no phone/Wi-Fi it's rendered useless. When you have the 3G one you'd wish you didn't have to carry around a phone as well.

Just get a fat phone like the Note 2.

Seth

MD Party Room
Agree with that one KurianOfBorg. My tablet just sits near by bed side since I got my note 2. Also my Tablet is useless without wifi.

Adiuvo

I used it briefly. It was responsive and had the same Android experience that any AOSP ROM does. It's not laggy at all and is pretty comfortable to hold due to it's size. Build quality is decently nice - it's no iPad but given the price you can't really expect differently. Fingerprints were annoying and the thing requires a case if you're taking it anywhere.

The size makes it perfect as an e-reader, something that a larger tablet does not fulfill. The Android tablet app ecosphere is much better than it was previously and I can find tablet versions of most applications as well.