• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

The How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb party room HD remix 2 turbo

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
I've been playing the campaign trying to unlock the Aftermath level. Still the most satisfying third person shooter.

Gameplay is tight.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
I've been playing the campaign trying to unlock the Aftermath level. Still the most satisfying third person shooter.

Gameplay is tight.

I've enjoyed all of the campaigns but the multiplayer is all the same for me. Once it comes down in price I may pick it up (can't afford a full price game right now :/ )

Seth

MD Party Room
BioShock come out next few weeks any one else pumped about the game? Just watched a demo of the game I pretty pumped about it.

LocutusEstBorg

Battlefield 4 is going to run only at 720p on the PS4. I was really hoping Sony would ban non-native resolution as part of their guidelines. It's not even as powerful as a 3 year old GTX 480.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Battlefield 4 is going to run only at 720p on the PS4. I was really hoping Sony would ban non-native resolution as part of their guidelines. It's not even as powerful as a 3 year old GTX 480.
Really? I hope they are targeting 60FPS at least then...

BioShock come out next few weeks any one else pumped about the game? Just watched a demo of the game I pretty pumped about it.

Got it pre-ordered on Steam, really looking forward to it, I loved the first BioShock.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
So all media is stroking the new Bioshock's shaft in reviews. Is it that good or is the tail wagging the dog again?

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
So all media is stroking the new Bioshock's shaft in reviews. Is it that good or is the tail wagging the dog again?

So far it's pretty good. Hard to say right now. It doesn't play well on my current PC though (I'm hitting load zones it seems and the game freezes for a few seconds) - not sure why it's locking up so much though. Other than that it's great and challenging (on hard).

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
Seeing how I just found the first one boring and repetitive I wouldn't put any faith in reviews. I found Uncharted extremely cheesy and intolerable as well.

I personally wasn't a fan of the first Bioshock either and so far I'm loving Bioshock Infinite. Hard to say though, still only about 2hrs into the game I think. Plenty of little secrets to find too (I'm a sucker for secrets)

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I am about 2 hours in so far as well and really enjoying it. I love the narrative and art style, it's just unlike any other game other there.

Also, I made my first ever Apple purchase today. Sold my Dell Latitude a few weeks ago and decided to get a 13.3" MBP with Retina display. Mainly wanted something smaller and lighter with the same or better resolution.

Thought I'd never take the plunge but Apple's the only one pushing higher screen resolutions. Hell, it's still hard to find a 1080p laptops < 15" and none of them have better build quality than the MBP. Plus with 8GB RAM and a 256GB SSD it wasn't really a bad deal at $1.5k. Also looked at Asus Zenbook but has half the RAM, half storage, and nowhere near the same resolution. Chromebook PIxel seemed nice but the lack of local storage and only 4GB RAM makes it a no-go for me.

LocutusEstBorg

Also, I made my first ever Apple purchase today. Sold my Dell Latitude a few weeks ago and decided to get a 13.3" MBP with Retina display. Mainly wanted something smaller and lighter with the same or better resolution.

Thought I'd never take the plunge but Apple's the only one pushing higher screen resolutions. Hell, it's still hard to find a 1080p laptops < 15" and none of them have better build quality than the MBP. Plus with 8GB RAM and a 256GB SSD it wasn't really a bad deal at $1.5k compared to other ultrabooks.

That started happening years ago. Other laptops and even desktops are just shit compared to a Mac. Unless you need a gaming rig, there is NO reason to buy a non-Apple PC.

I refrain from giving any sort of advice to cheapskates who buy $300 PCs. It's likely they don't even need a PC and won't know how to use it.

Moose

Meta Moose
That started happening years ago. Other laptops and even desktops are just shit compared to a Mac. Unless you need a gaming rig, there is NO reason to buy a non-Apple PC.

I refrain from giving any sort of advice to cheapskates who buy $300 PCs. It's likely they don't even need a PC and won't know how to use it.
You're ridiculous.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
I am about 2 hours in so far as well and really enjoying it. I love the narrative and art style, it's just unlike any other game other there.

Thought I'd never take the plunge but Apple's the only one pushing higher screen resolutions. Hell, it's still hard to find a 1080p laptops < 15" and none of them have better build quality than the MBP. Plus with 8GB RAM and a 256GB SSD it wasn't really a bad deal at $1.5k. Also looked at Asus Zenbook but has half the RAM, half storage, and nowhere near the same resolution. Chromebook PIxel seemed nice but the lack of local storage and only 4GB RAM makes it a no-go for me.

Yeah I spent around 1.3k on my laptop (the Sony Z series). It's a nice laptop but only a 128gb SSD as opposed to your 256gb. Could've gone more but didn't want to spend the $100-200 more. Kind of wishing I did right about now though, can't fit much on the 128gb after a few casual games.

LocutusEstBorg

You're ridiculous.
After experiencing the nuisance of using Dell computers for years at work with half the parts not working, non-existent Dell support, having to fight for rightful services such as warranty and replacement and considering all the money wasted on the above, the 35% premium on an Apple computer with top class no questions asked support and warranty is worth it. It's not even debatable.

Apart from that the keyboards and mice are bottom barrel crap and an Indian company will just laugh at the idea of spending more than $5 on a mouse for their worthless employees.

Then the laptops... garbage specs, SLUGGISH AND UNRESPONSIVE on Windows 7. Reinstalling without the OEM DVD results in no drivers and they aren't available anywhere for the OEM laptop PIDs.

Yeah I changed my mind from a couple of years ago.