• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Tiff Exploit - HEN Information

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adiuvo

They are nowhere near the same program even though they share the same name.

ruyor said:
The latest version of Recovery Flasher works on 2.71 HEN-D (tested it myself), why wouldn't it work on 5.03 HEN?:mellow:

Well, Recovery Flasher has 2.71 compatibilty. Also, 2.71 HEN-D was made by Dark_Alex, so he must have at least put in custom modules into that. :huh:

Well, since Recovery Flasher has no more M33 callbacks, that means it should work on 5.03 HEN.

imported_ruyor

They are nowhere near the same program even though they share the same name.

I was making the point that Recovery Flasher DOES work on A HEN,
jx233: Well the apps that use some M33 modules (like Recvory Flasher) will not work though.
I wanted to know why missing M33 modules would stop it from working on 5.03 HEN when it works fine on 2.71 HEN-D, I already know that 2.71 HEN-D is different than 5.03 HEN.;)

--Edit--

Thanks jx233

ruyor said:
I was making the point that Recovery Flasher DOES work on A HEN, I wanted to know why missing M33 modules would stop it from working on 5.03 HEN, I already know that 2.71 HEN-D is different than 5.03 HEN.;)

--Edit--

Thanks jx233

Well, a long time ago I was reading a Hellcat thread on lan.st or something about Recovery Flasher and Hellcat's was talking about using some m33 module for his app.

And when M33 modules go missing, they cause these things in homebrews that use them :

1. An error happens

2. The hoembrew could crash

3. Same as number 2 but casues a shutdown.

Also I think when Hellcat ported his application for 1.50 compatibility, he probably discontinused M33 module use. Maybe Hellcat should come here and clarify himself about the compatibility for us. :)

imported_ruyor

Thanks for the info, jx233 :D

I think now the only problem in 5.03 HEN that could get into the way of Recovery Flasher is the new kernel NIDs for the 5.03 firmware. If 5.03 has kernel NIDs similar to the ones in 5.00, then Recovery Flasher should work as a charm. :cool:

Wolfking77

I think now the only problem in 5.03 HEN that could get into the way of Recovery Flasher is the new kernel NIDs for the 5.03 firmware. If 5.03 has kernel NIDs similar to the ones in 5.00, then Recovery Flasher should work as a charm. :cool:

thats exactly why i stayed at 5.02 since most of the expliots for 5.XX work fine with 5.02 whille i know of at least 1 thats patched (gripshift lol) in 5.03 + from what i know the 5.02 has same NIDs in 5.00 lol
on a side note i wounder if the HEN will work with 5.02 (the one coming out when davees done not the tiff thingy i alrdy tested that and it works) since its named 5.03 HEN im woundering if it means it literaly lol

Wolfking77 said:
thats exactly why i stayed at 5.02 since most of the expliots for 5.XX work fine with 5.02 whille i know of at least 1 thats patched (gripshift lol) in 5.03 + from what i know the 5.02 has same NIDs in 5.00 lol
on a side note i wounder if the HEN will work with 5.02 (the one coming out when davees done not the tiff thingy i alrdy tested that and it works) since its named 5.03 HEN im woundering if it means it literaly lol

It seems 5.00, 5.01 , 5.02 are really close / similar. Now, 5.03 compared to the other versions seems to show a little bit more changes.

I think the HEN *might work on the 5.02, but it might be very unstable as it is intended for a specific version.

DaRKcLoUD-X

I have no idea Thirstycow, i suppose its possible to program the psp to do that or something similar, but it depends on the limitations in place, for example, the new HEN might have to many limitations for something such as that to be created. But seeing as how much the psp has progressed, i'd say that there is probably someone out there is capable of doing it. I suppose its best not to worry about playing backed up games on the psp at the moment, especially since we don't even have the HEN yet.

BTW nice FAQ Slasher

UserUnknown

eXo's Resident Brony
Ok. I know this is probably gonna sound stupid, but. When the HEN IS released do we have to run the exploit. Or is there some other way to run it? Cuz I have a psp-3001 with FW5.03 and it crashes. I've tried countless times. I'm gonna throw the psp at the wall. >:[

EDIT: I put like, 8-10 images in the folder, and i get halfway to the tiff and it crashes.

NoEffex

Seth's On A Boat.
Ok. I know this is probably gonna sound stupid, but. When the HEN IS released do we have to run the exploit. Or is there some other way to run it? Cuz I have a psp-3001 with FW5.03 and it crashes. I've tried countless times. I'm gonna throw the psp at the wall. >:[

EDIT: I put like, 8-10 images in the folder, and i get halfway to the tiff and it crashes.

Put more, that's what I do. Also resetting the settings helps. Just scroll straight down to the image right before the tiff and when loading the thumbnails it should trigger it.

Wolfking77

make sure you dont have a custom theme on i had the same problem with 5.02 it only worked once untell i set my theme to default and then changed color to last of the 3 greens in a row then every time no matter how i try it automaticly worked (im for real) exept when i had umd in psp

BlackBurd

Original Gangstuh
make sure you dont have a custom theme on i had the same problem with 5.02 it only worked once untell i set my theme to default and then changed color to last of the 3 greens in a row then every time no matter how i try it automaticly worked (im for real) exept when i had umd in psp

Me too.

on top of that though you might also have to put it in a folder of its own.

it should work if your theme is off and its in a folder by itself.

badnat

I have 3001 and FW 5.03.

1. Make sure no UMD is in your PSP.
2. Put 8 other photos with older created/modified dates than the TIFF in your photo folder. (I used small avatar photos all around 10KB; don't know if that makes a difference)
3. Go to the photo folder on your PSP and wait for the black "options" bubble to appear and disappear, then immediately scroll down to the bottom.

Doing that, the exploit runs every time for me. I couldn't get it to work until I came across a single post explaining to wait for the Options bubble to disappear.

gjtashan

i have psp 3004 5.02 ofw . i have h.bin in mp_root and slim.tiff in picture but whenever i scroll down it just crashes blank help please

lawrence27

i have psp 3004 5.02 ofw . i have h.bin in mp_root and slim.tiff in picture but whenever i scroll down it just crashes blank help please

Ouch, don't place the h.bin into the mp_root folder, place it into the "root" of the memory stick. (eg. ms0:\h.bin)

gjtashan

ms_o is hidden folder

---------- Post added at 04:12 AM EST ---------- Previous post was at 04:09 AM EST ----------

what is ms0

ms_o is hidden folder

---------- Post added at 04:12 AM EST ---------- Previous post was at 04:09 AM EST ----------

what is ms0

If you are using windows, when you plugin your PSP through the USB. A new "Removable Drive" should appear in windows explorer. If its drive "D:" put h.bin in there so D:\h.bin

Draco

Never say never...
ms_o is hidden folder

what is ms0

"ms0" is root folder of memory stick.

Status
Not open for further replies.