• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Tiff Exploit - HEN Information

Status
Not open for further replies.

dna123300 said:
Did the HEN come out yet?
I heard someone talking about the HEN Boot Blah Blah Blah!

I was the one ranting about the "HEN Boot". It was about flashing it to flash0 (dangerous!)

Those posts in no way suggested that the HEN was released. You shoud reread those posts over again so you can properly interpret what they say to prevent misconceptions like "HEN being released". XD

Erland

As long flash0 can be decrypted correctly there is no harm in flashing HEN over to and running it from Flash0. You just have to make sure it's written correctly and that you have the room for it on the flash0.

Now if people screw up it can be dangerous. Actually it can't...it just won't flash everything and they will not be able to run that version of HEN. They will have to run it off the MS again and then reflash the "flash0 HEN" again to make sure it's all there this time.

MaxMouseDLL

Taking a while for release hu? It's a bank holiday weekend here, so maybe Davee will have time to finish it, seeing as he doesn't have to attend school on Monday morning.

Teverek

Meh its not sounding good I think the best we can do right now is hope for an update explaining the delay to come. Wouldn't bank on it though :)

I really want start using it, but I can wait =)

a ta-88v3 and a 3k waiting for it... (a kind of unlucky person xD )

Temet

Outch, this story of low rate of Homebrew running on the HEN is kinda bad new :'(

Hum, BTW, was it not possible to adapt HEN-A instead of rebuilding everything from scratch?

agentnnc

That Guy I Am
it may be harder, as sony knows pretty much every hack released

on the bright side, once davee finishes, it shouldnt be too hard to improve it

Temet said:
Outch, this story of low rate of Homebrew running on the HEN is kinda bad new :'(

Hum, BTW, was it not possible to adapt HEN-A instead of rebuilding everything from scratch?

2.xx / 3.xx / 4.xx / 5.xx User-mode homebrew that is made from PSPSDK should work on the HEN without a problem.
Example: GPSP 0.9 for TA-082 / 2.71 HEN-D users.

Draco

Never say never...
no update no cry ;)

Perfect-skillz

man over 160 pages!!!!! maybe if we stop annoying davee he'll be more willing to release a BETA version sooner because we wouldn't be flooding him with questions!!!!.......

DAVEE could make a youtube video every few days or when ever he has a break threw in the homebrew/hacking scene to update us. or he could make a thread and have it sticky'd and locked, then have a Q/A thread. and that would mean less spam on or repeatitive questions that the contributing members and staff/admins have to keep answering. :tup:

FrozenIpaq said:
It can be assumed that 1.5 kernel specific homebrew won't work but beyond that we will have to wait and see.

Since firmware 2.00 / or 2.60, s0nY patched the 2.xx+ kernels to make them enable to load 1.5 kernel homebrew ( static ELF files for 1.50 can't load on newer firmwares; kernel and user prxs in homebrew have to be seperate for patched firmwares - unlike in 1.50).

Also, the kxploit was patched for good too, so that removes compatibilty and the PARAM.SFO files that are used in 1.50 EBOOTS must be patched so modified Official Firmwares (like an HEN) could run them.

If 5.00 M33 series or 5.02 GEN can't load 1.50 homebrew, than for sure HEN 5.03 won't be able to either.

So in this long rant, I am basically saying that 1.50 homebrew will not work on the HEN.

Teverek

Awesome jx233 thats great info if someone could verify this that would be great. I am kinda brand new to this whole psp thing :) any info right now helps a load. The good thing about the HEN taking forever :) I get to learn much more before I even get started.

Teverek said:
Awesome jx233 thats great info if someone could verify this that would be great. I am kinda brand new to this whole psp thing :) any info right now helps a load. The good thing about the HEN taking forever :) I get to learn much more before I even get started.

Ok, to verify this.

If you have a PSP-1000 or PSP-2000 with 5.00 M33, using the standard 5.xx kernel (No LEDA or 1.50 addon), attempt to launch a 1.50 homebrew. It just won't work. Considering that 1.50 homebrew won't load a 5.xx kernel in custom firmware, than how much better will it do on a modified Official Firmware (like an HEN)?

Teverek

True I will check it out when I get the psp I have already put CFW on back. Just gotta be careful what yah believe in some of these posts :) Sounds like you know what you are talking about :)

An error of running 1.50 homebrew on a 2.xx / 3.xx / 4.xx /5.xx kernel and beyond is these kind of errors: (8002014C) or (80020148).

You will run into that error a lot if you run legacy homebrew on the HEN.

Status
Not open for further replies.