• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Tiff Exploit - HEN Information

Status
Not open for further replies.

ketchup

I understand he's working hard, but could we get some sort of update? It's been 4 or so days since we have had one. It wouldn't take longer than 15 minutes.

blue girl

thats very helpful, thanks for that info

yeah thats very useful!!!
But do u know how much is left to DAx find a way to put a CFW on a psp3k? is only one thing left, he ONLY has to find the pre-ipl, but hes is working in this last one thing for the last 5 months.

My point, the HEn will be done when its been done, no mather if its left 1% to be done, this 1% can take months, or maybe 30% will take hours.

Dont expect to much, but dont lose ur hope!!!!:D

I understand he's working hard, but could we get some sort of update? It's been 4 or so days since we have had one. It wouldn't take longer than 15 minutes.

For sure it would take longer than 15 minutes. And it probably would be a little boring stop programming to make a video and upload it on yotube.

Perfect-skillz

Hey Stumbled Upon This And Wondered If This Would Work With this Hen It Is On This Page And It Is Called MaxFlasher v1.0 by Team VGT. Here Is The Link Its In Spanish You Have To Use Google Translate. Noticias TecMAX :: MaxFlasher v1.0 by Team VGT

probably not considering it's a flash backup utility and it utilizes Kernel mode to backup flash 0,1,2, and 3. the HEN that Davee and his team are developing is only going to be avalible to use in user mode for homebrew. but theoretically it's going to be flashed to Flash0 so it can handle a restart, but all programs are going to be in USER MODE NOT KERNEL MODE thus the reason that it for one it cannot import M33 function and two, limited Homebrew maybe avalible becuase certain apps such as the one you stated goes beyond user-mode.

Fives

probably not considering it's a flash backup utility and it utilizes Kernel mode to backup flash 0,1,2, and 3. the HEN that Davee and his team are developing is only going to be avalible to use in user mode for homebrew. but theoretically it's going to be flashed to Flash0 so it can handle a restart, but all programs are going to be in USER MODE NOT KERNEL MODE thus the reason that it for one it cannot import M33 function and two, limited Homebrew maybe avalible becuase certain apps such as the one you stated goes beyond user-mode.

HEN will be able to use 3.xx+ kernel homebrew applications

Perfect-skillz

HEN will be able to use 3.xx+ kernel homebrew applications

so then we could back-up our flash using maxflasher, then run a VSH eboot via the HEN(which is a step below kernel mode)(and I know that VSH mode is different then Kernel or user mode) then switch the USB drive to flash 0, 2, 3 and delete the files, format the system and replace the files with lets say 5.00 M33-6 files which as far as i know do not have modified IPl's?(it's usually the firmware loader that launches before every update to disable or modify the IPL's) restart the system and then have a PSP 3000 with CFW???

I don't think so although i'm hoping that statement is wrong though, but I'd be willing to beta test it once the HEN is released, i gotta warrenty from gamestop and they exchange it on the spot with a fresh one (OFW: 4.xx), we'll see!!!

GodsSins

Where to Look

So Where Would Be A good Place To Look For 3.xx+ kernel homebrew applications Or Anything That Will Be Compatible With This HEN

animebuster

Ok the firmware 5.50 blocked The Tiff Exploit does that mean it would of Blocked this Hen? since it uses a .Tiff to load

yea it does

and for those who are whining about a beta, Davee clearly said no, and whining makes u look liek a baby.

(Strif3 If what you say is true)

Not meaning to blame him and im probably wrong, but does anyone know why Matiaz released the Hello world tiff exploit? Because he released the hello world, Sony released a new update to block tiff exploit which blocks this hen that Davee is making. If he didn't release the hello world, it wouldn't be blocked. also when the hen is released you wouldn't have to worry about being on the right firmware.

Archaemic

Punctuation, please. I'm not sure what you're trying to say (or ask, if you're trying to ask someting). Also, I think that would have been a run-on even with punctuation.

So um...I think you're trying to ask why MaTiAz released the Hello World when he knew Sony would have patched it. And for that, you'd have to ask MaTiAz personally.

Status
Not open for further replies.